Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Samuel Peter Loses Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Peter Loses Again (6977 Views)

Robbie Brady Loses Teeth After Bloody Clash With Teammate In Chelsea Match(pics) / Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Peter Loses Again by SAKUR: 4:55am On Apr 04, 2011
Former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter recorded his fifth loss in his career on Saturday as he fell to a ninth round knockout in the hands of unbeaten Robert Helinius in Germany.

The fight was for both vacant WBA and WBO Intercontinental belts.

The victory was regarded as the biggest for Helinius who is looking to challenge British David Haye for the WBA heavyweight title.

The much taller Helinius mostly worked behind his jab, showing Peter a lot of respect early. Peter, who at 259.9 pounds was at the second highest fight weight of his career, was mostly the aggressor.

Peter nearly put Helinius out of the game in the second round but he was unable to coordinate his attack due to the Finn’s crisp jabs.

Helinius took away Peter’s potential effectiveness on the inside by clinching whenever the action moved in close and after the midway point, Peter was looking weary.

In the ninth round, Peter walked into a short left hook he never saw coming and fell hard on the canvas.
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110404243781

Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 04, 2011
hmm, well.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by SAKUR: 4:59am On Apr 04, 2011
Make the guy go rest abeg, grin
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Nobody: 5:00am On Apr 04, 2011
abi.

anyhoo!

better luck next time.

and as long as he got paid for this one, i guess.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by SAKUR: 5:03am On Apr 04, 2011
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 04, 2011
no probs then.

he'll do better next time around.

more training, etc.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by 10cirenoh: 5:06am On Apr 04, 2011
win or lose, dem dey pay am.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by SAKUR: 5:10am On Apr 04, 2011
!
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by semid4lyfe(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2011
Samuel Peter is a fast turning into a punching bag & adding to the winning count/statistics of other boxers.

The fat doofus should retire and stop disgracing us jare.

He's never been good and never will be.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 04, 2011
The first thought that came to my mind when i saw how our kins man lost that match,falling like a log of wood b4 the eyes of the whole world was for him to retire and look for something better to do than to get himself killed one day all in the name of boxing but on a second thought i just wish him well because i am not God-Anything can happen anytime. GOOD LUCK Jonathan next time bro
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Bigwig1: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
I pray make dis guy no die inside ring one day. cos it's gettin 2 much.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by civilserva: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
lET HIM QUIT BOXING, I AM CONCERNED ABOUT HIS HEALTH
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by maxtop(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
It is high time he quit the game cuz he didnt have the energy and zeal to continue again !!! grin grin grin grin grin. He couldn't have defeated my grandpa again !!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Donmeca(m): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
Peter should just retire before he is turned into a bowl of POUNDED YAM. Africans don't know when to call it quits. angry
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by dapachez: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]make this guy go rest oh before dem go kill am for ring oh na becos e use goodluck win before abi na mistake e take win e wan cum try e self
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Limaoscar: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2011
Makes me feel His world title won a couple of years ago was a fluke.He should quit now!
He's always looked flabby and overweight to me though grin
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
I think Samuel Peter should seek Bash Ali's professional assistance on winning more fights at his age  wink
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by otokx(m): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
That is how he will continue loosing when he will not train.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by midep: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2011
Eran iya nin ogbeni yi ooooooooooo
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by stagger: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
I watched the knockout punch. Flattened him like a footmat for 5 mins. Even if the referee had counted till May 29, 2011, the guy 4 no get up. Fat blubber of a boxer whose defence is complete rubbish.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
this is guy is disgracing the motherland

let him quit
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hF1-RsxElk?version=3 has the match final punch-down (knock-out) It will take more than words of encouragement to bring Samuel Peter back to his winning ways. It will take Grit, Hardwork and Muscle all that Fat is making him sluggish and slow.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by biilwwu(m): 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
My fellow nairalander, Let us learn how to encourage people, it is better to keep silent than to pull someone down with words,Words are like seeds which we will all reaps whatever we sow.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
bi ilw wu:

My fellow nairalander, Let us learn how to encourage people, it is better to keep silent than to pull someone down with words,Words are like seeds which we will all reaps whatever we sow.

what's there to encourage about this guy who enters the ring knowing he will be beaten,

he makes money but disgraces Nigeria, He is overweight,unprepared and a menace to himself
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by leMuhito(f): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
Na Wa O!!! shocked shocked But other business dey wey this guy fit do now, must he die like this?
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by dominique(f): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
he should find another babalawo
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
which business im fit do? dog business
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by sirabbey(m): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
bengreat:

GOOD LUCK Jonathan next time bro
Wish him Better Luck. Ask Nigerians, we need better package than good luck.
Bros Peter, it is good to think you are another Cassius Clay in the making, but when the strings of Knock outs, Migraines, concussions is coming like torrential calabar rain, it is better to hang the gloves honourably like other kinsmen had suggested.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by aloyemeka2: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
Time to retire.. Does he want to retire in a coffin?. Who is still betting on this guy?.
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by webbjamie(m): 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
[quote aauthor=Bigwig1 link=topic=638134.msg8048642#msg8048642 date=1301917002]
I pray make dis guy no die inside ring one day. cos it's gettin 2 much.
[/quote] hello bigwig,are you the same bigwig from mad mic on facebook? I hail you bro[quote author=stagger link=topic=638134.msg8049101#msg8049101 date=1301920431]
I watched the knockout punch. Flattened him like a footmat for 5 mins. Even if the referee had counted till May 29, 2011, the guy 4 no get up. Fat blubber of a boxer whose defence is complete rubbish.
ha ha ha,o boy you no get joy at all o,
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by Gbenge77(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
This is getting embarassing boy.Time to retire
Re: Samuel Peter Loses Again by FabulousE1: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
Why does this Guy ( Sa-mumu-el Peters ) want to Hype- His Death. A  Nigerian Boxer Dies a Heroic Death in the Ring of Boxing!!!! Who CARES? DO YOU?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Siasia Named Super Eagles Coach / Football Jackets Authentic And Grade A / CAF: Abdelmounaïm Bah Appointed Acting General Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.