Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Migrating To USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrating To USA (1731 Views)

The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating To USA by Madukachase: 3:53am On Jan 26, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Migrating To USA by Cooldude90: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2021
Madukachase:
Hey Am 26 year old male, finished studying political science from ABSU in 2018, but haven't received my certificate due to school fees and other debt not paid. So I went to work as a freelancer build apps and website, making crypto investment and the likes. God smiling at me, today I can bost of 7 million naira.

I want to migrate to the US, I need advice and help on how to go about it. Got married to my collage sweet heart on Dec 2019 and currently have a kid.

The convid 19 and universities strikes issues making my clearance to be place on hold as schools haven't resumed, me having the mindset that a BSC degree may increase my chances of migrating.

So here it is.

I have 7 million naira
How do I and what are my chances of migrating to the US?

Don't ask me to invest or stay in this shit hole of a country. Because with all the civil unrest in recent time, from terrorism, to police brutally, to Biafra... there is a civil war loading.

I will prefer to move to Niger than remain here.

Pls keep your investment or patriotism to yourself. Thank you.

Bro I don't have anything on travelling to give you but I'm not against your decision to leave the country. Pls I wanna learn some of the skills that you used in making money. You can mail me @ buklartee@gmail.com.

Thanks and I wish you well in your plan to leave this shithole

2 Likes

Re: Migrating To USA by Useku(m): 6:23am On Jan 26, 2021
Madukachase:
Hey Am 26 year old male, finished studying political science from ABSU in 2018, but haven't received my certificate due to school fees and other debt not paid. So I went to work as a freelancer build apps and website, making crypto investment and the likes. God smiling at me, today I can bost of 7 million naira.

I want to migrate to the US, I need advice and help on how to go about it. Got married to my collage sweet heart on Dec 2019 and currently have a kid.

The convid 19 and universities strikes issues making my clearance to be place on hold as schools haven't resumed, me having the mindset that a BSC degree may increase my chances of migrating.

So here it is.

I have 7 million naira

Don't ask me to invest or stay in this shit hole of a country. Because with all the civil unrest in recent time, from terrorism, to police brutally, to Biafra... there is a civil war loading.

I
Re: Migrating To USA by KennedyKennedy2(m): 7:22am On Jan 26, 2021
Don't have comment regarding on a useless post...........
Re: Migrating To USA by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2021
I don't know if 7 million naira is enough for a master's degree in the USA but you can take the GRE and apply to schools in the USA and you should be able to get a scholarship.

I recommend you use the 7 million and put it in a blocked account and apply to study in Germany. You would get a really good job with your knowledge on how to build apps and websites there in Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Migrating To USA by Madukachase: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I don't know if 7 million naira is enough for a master's degree in the USA but you can take the GRE and apply to schools in the USA and you should be able to get a scholarship.

I recommend you use the 7 million and put it in a blocked account and apply to study in Germany. You would get a really good job with your knowledge on how to build apps and websites there in Germany.

Thank you for your suggestion in using the study route, but my problem is the type of visa issued to students in the USA, and it's conditions. I wishes to move to the US permanently, how am I sure after studying I would be able to renew my visa and probably change the type of visa from study to immigrant visa.

1 Like

Re: Migrating To USA by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:39am On Jan 26, 2021
Madukachase:

Thank you for your suggestion in using the study route, but my problem is the type of visa issued to students in the USA, and it's conditions. I wishes to move to the US permanently, how am I sure after studying I would be able to renew my visa and probably change the type of visa from study to immigrant visa.
If you take the study route and what you are studying is in the sciences you have two years to stay back and get a job. From there you can get a green card.

If you don't want to go through school search for Germany job seeker visa. Check for Austria job seeker visa. Your money is enough to get both visas and you have an 80 percent chance of getting job in Germany in IT. You can go and look for work there and once you get a job your employee applies for an EU residency card for you.
Re: Migrating To USA by Gerrard59(m): 12:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
Madukachase:

Since you are hell bent on the US, the issue is with your program - political science. I think non-STEM holders are given a year after studies to work unlike STEM holders who are allotted three years. Also, as much as the economy is the world's biggest, job prospects for non-STEM/MBA/business analytics are not that great. You will have to change course - apply to business analytics programs as you are not really qualified to apply to a top MBA program due to age and lack of requisite work experience (unless you have say formed a company generating at least $5M annually before adcoms will listen to you).

Write either the GRE or GMAT (the former is easier for someone from a non-STEM background), score very high >330 and not less than <325. Reach out to reputable MBA prepping agencies (choose the Indian ones, they are cheaper. MBA Crystal Ball is an example), package your profile very well and apply to good schools preferably top 50 according to USNEWS (scholarships will be given depending on how much the school is doling out and your profile). You can start prepping for the GRE now ahead of the 2022 class and/or do the tutorials and increase your profile either via work experience or business growth and apply for the 2023 session. If you find this onerous, then try the German/Austrian route as stated above and later move to the US.

You will need to be persistent, disciplined and focused on this journey. Remember say you don get wife and pikin.

Best wishes!

4 Likes

Re: Migrating To USA by uche393: 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
since you've not done your clearance, there's nothing like student Visa for you except you will don an under grad course. do a little research on O1visa that's your best bet although it might cost you much.
me, I'm also a 2018 absu alumni. I'm preparing my self for O1 visa.

Apart from tourist visa, any other visa that gives you the privilege to stay in the US for at least 3yrs can lead to GC if you work hard {adjusting status}, although it will take a long time.
Re: Migrating To USA by Nicoswit(m): 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2021
Why dont you broaden ur country of choice

1 Like

Re: Migrating To USA by koczee: 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2022
@Uche393 pls how can i reach u via email, I would like to know more I for about the O1 visa. Cheers!
Re: Migrating To USA by Helpout12345: 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2022
koczee:
@Uche393 pls how can i reach u via email, I would like to know more I for about the O1 visa. Cheers!

Read through this link if you have not.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/o-1-visa-individuals-with-extraordinary-ability-or-achievement
Re: Migrating To USA by Spanishmilf(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2022
Madukachase:

So here it is.

I have 7 million naira

Migrating to the united state at this period is kinda difficult
Even to get a date is very annoying not to talk of the increase in visa reject.
You should try Eu countried at this moment
Uk
Switzerland
I will advice the Uk cos they are immigration friendly at this time
Uk or canada
Re: Migrating To USA by Madukachase: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2023
How market. Hunger never kill you?
KennedyKennedy2:
Don't have comment regarding on a useless post...........

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Send Food Stuffs Abroad / Moving To Enugu State / Response To A Nairalander's UK Japa Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.