Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Unrequited - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (137139 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Dibixxx1:

Seems I'll be the first to lead this charge cause I just got to this point and the anticipation is more hyper for me.
Have dropped my own small something for you bro. To fix your phone. Hopefully the others who have become mute of all a sudden would try too.....Anyhow, please just drop small update this weekend even if you borrow phone do am, make just use hold body small
Thanks alot man
Re: Unrequited by kenearth50(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2022
I wouldn't be happy with myself if I didn't comment on this wonderful work.
Stumbled upon this masterpiece yesterday morning and I've been glued to it.
Apologies I wouldn't be able to support the ministry right now cos I'm in a financial crisis myself but I pray you #StandStrong quicker..

Expecting your update for the weekend tho
Re: Unrequited by nationalnwa(m): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2022
This is a good piece of writing dear Moura7..love it.
Re: Unrequited by nationalnwa(m): 8:35am On Jun 06, 2022
Please don't do us like other writers that always stop halfway and before you know it they disappear for months without any update..
More strength to your fingers as you type.
Re: Unrequited by EvidenceOfGrace: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
Nice Story
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
This one Moura's last seen is showing 5 days ago. Pls Jullyrosy or whoever has his digits should pls check on him and somehow persuade to give us something for the weekend. This masterpiece can't just go like that na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by Blesstar(f): 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Wonderful story cheesy
More ink to your pen Moura7
Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
UPDATES
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
YoungBruzzy:
UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES
please raise the volume
Re: Unrequited by samfrancis1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2022
Drought deh here o.. Everywhere dry
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
Lol...una funny sha.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
Lol....I don tire o. Who dey interested in buying the book like this? Also, I dey very available for ghost writing jobs esp romance genre...just hit me up.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Ice4jez(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
If it's complete I will buy
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
MOURA!!!!! I CALL THEE FORTH NOW! APPEARRR!!!!!

Moura biko bia nu please abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by nationalnwa(m): 7:37am On Jun 20, 2022
Why do all writers on this platform do this all the time..Why start what you know you won't finish?
Instead of stopping halfway and start referring readers to your blog or links,why not post chapters here and the next two or three there (link,blog)..
But pleased always try to be consistent.
Nice story by the way
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2022
nationalnwa:
Why do all writers on this platform do this all the time..Why start what you know you won't finish?
Instead of stopping halfway and start referring readers to your blog or links,why not post chapters here and the next two or three there (link,blog)..
Nice story by the way

Did you see where he said his phone is spoilt and so he can't type again or you're just intentionally insensitive? Readers here always be doing the most, these writers always give u pple nice stories for free without any support or incentive 4ram u guys but they falter due to block issues or spoilt devices, u all be the loudest to start to criticize. He dropped his details here any kind of support and all of a sudden here became a ghost town even d person dat advised him to drop details don run. Cut the guy some slack abeg.

Oya Moura7 come o...even prime Van Djik no fit defend you the way I do now. Pls one update even if it's only 500 words.

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
nationalnwa:
Nice story by the way

Y sound so ungrateful?
U think it's easily to come up with stories?
He allows u read his book for free and u sound dis way.?....
U didn't even ask if he's ok or not....

rearrange ur tone

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Shegzy8(m): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Dibixxx1:

Did you see where he said his phone is spoilt and so he can't type again or you're just intentionally insensitive? Readers here always be doing the most, these writers always give u pple nice stories for free without any support or incentive 4ram u guys but they falter due to block issues or spoilt devices, u all be the loudest to start to criticize. He dropped his details here any kind of support and all of a sudden here became a ghost town even d person dat advised him to drop details don run. Cut the guy some slack abeg.

Oya Moura7 come o...even prime Van Djik no fit defend you the way I do now. Pls one update even if it's only 500 words.

I no run ooo... I hardly comment.. I be ghost viewer most times.

Na me beg am to drop details.
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2022
Shegzy8:

I no run ooo... I hardly comment.. I be ghost viewer most times.

Na me beg am to drop details.

Ok na you?...so as you tell am to drop e details, you bin contribute?

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
Dibixxx1:

Lol....don't sweat it man. You don try and so I go try something on Friday. E fit short so pls try manage. Truth is no mojo dey to cont this story again but with God's help I'll keep on trying.
Re: Unrequited by kenearth50(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2022
Thread unfollwed successfully for my sane health cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
Moura7:

Lol....don't sweat it man. You don try and so I go try something on Friday. E fit short so pls try manage. Truth is no mojo dey to cont this story again but with God's help I'll keep on trying.
Nice
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2022

Third person POV

"Here you you go sir", a young man said to the older man seated at the back seat of the black Mercedes-AMG G63 brabus rocket 900 edition.

"Thanks", the older man murmured in appreciation as the younger man gave a small bow and walked up to the driver's side of the car. The older man opened the airtight lid of the plastic takeaway container and the sweet aroma of porridge water-yam(òtòòr) filled the car. He took a spoonful and closed his eyes in utter relish of the food before and the tears began to slowly stream down his cheeks. He sniffed, drawing the attention of his driver who immediately tore out a tissue and gave to his boss, without looking. It wasn't as alarming as the first time when they had just gotten back to the country and they came here. He'd become accustomed to this scene now and knew to just let his boss be.

"Thank you, Stephen", the older man appreciated after he dried his eyes and blew his nose with the tissue.

"You're welcome, sir", Stephen replied. "Are we good to good now?"

"Yeah", the older man answered. "Let's go to our next stop for the day."

One would wonder what could make a man that owned a car worth over five hundred thousand dollars cry just at a spoonful of porridge water-yam. What is so special about a meal that can bring a man with a multi-billion dollar fortune to tears?
Well, its said that the way to a man's heart-- rich or poor-- is through his stomach but that wasn't the case here. It wasn't the food, no. It was the memories that came with the food. The memories of when things were good and life was sweet.

Every thursday since he got  back into the country, he had always stalked the local restaurant that made the delicacy before him now. He always came but never for once entered.

At first, he would just come and watch from afar as the owners of the restaurant, an old couple prepared for the day. Many times he'd to wanted to just remove his expensive Armani suit, roll up his sleeves and go help them but he didn't. He couldn't. He was afraid his presence would drive them away. For him it was better to see them from afar even if he didn't get to talk to them than show himself and forfeit both seeing and talking to them forever. At least that's what he said to himself.

"They look happy. Why disrupt their happiness by showing my face?", he'd always say to himself but deep down he knew that was only an excuse. An excuse to avoid facing them. An excuse to avoid facing the consequence of his sins and so he decided to help from afar instead.
He had found out everything about them through his private investigators. He had secretly bought off the piece of property their restaurant was located at, bought off their residential building too and settled any debt they had. He paid more for the creditors to claim they just waived it all off.
He had even given lots of people money to go and patronize the restaurant on the days where he observed business was slow. Sometimes he would have Stephen order everything available on the menu which he would now send to orphanage homes. He did all these but his heart was still yet to find peace and somehow, he knew the reason why. Money can't buy true forgiveness; he knew that now.

"We are here, boss", Stephen said, pulling him back from the world of his thoughts.

"Already?", the older man asked, observing his surroundings through the tinted window that now seemed to blur his view  due to the droplets of rain on it. He must have  been too deep in his thoughts for him to not have noticed it had started raining. 

"That was fast", he mumbled after confirming they had indeed arrived at their destination. He grabbed a bouquet of flowers beside him and waited a moment before Stephen got the door so he could step out.

"I'll be back in a moment", he said to Stephen as he made to walk off.

"Its raining, boss. Let me hold the umbrella over you", Stephen offered.

"Its okay, Stephen. I'm good", he declined and began on his way.

Gingerly, he walked through the grounds, dodging forgotten graves. On a few, candles had been lit and placed in memory, others had died out through the duration of the night.
Dying flowers blossomed in this graveyard,  majority of the graves had a bouquets placed on top. Others had weather destroyed notes which had become an emulsion of colours as a result of the rain soaking them.
Up ahead was where it lay. The only one that wasn't cracked or littered with moss, the only one that mattered to him.

He knelt down on the wet grass and placed the bouquet with me on the grave. He took out his handkerchief to clean a picture sitting on the tomb. It was the picture of a beautiful woman and for a moment, he seemed to be lost in the picture.

"Even in death you still hold me captive with these eyes, T", he chuckled as he continued cleaning the picture. He kept on cleaning for a while before he finally set it back to its former position. Engulfed by deep sorrow, he clasped his hands together and began sobbing.

"I'm sorry, T", he cried. "I'm truly sorry. I did you and everyone else wrong. I let my selfishness misguide me and ruined everything that ever mattered to me. Please babe, please forgive me", he mourned. He did not care that he was in the rain and that he could get sick from it. At point, if being sick for the rest of his life could some how atone for his sins then he'd gladly embrace all the illnesses in the world.

Stephen watched in pain as his boss grovelled miserably before that grave. It hurt that he could do nothing to help this man who had been a ray of light in a really dark time in his life. In fact, he doubted if he would still be alive now if his boss hadn't stepped in.
Being a Nigerian student in the states hadn't been as rosy as he imagined it to be. The Nigerian government that had offered him the scholarship had suddenly stopped paying his tuition and accommodation fees. It was a really hard period for him seeing as failure to pay his fees made his student Visa invalid and if caught might caused him to be deported.
In order to make ends meet, he collected a loan from a loan shark at a ridiculous forty percent return rate. As expected, he couldn't pay back and after he was beaten up badly, the loan shark forced him into his drug peddling business. It was one of his drug trips that he got busted by the police and put in jail. He was put in the same cell with his boss now. How relieved he was to see another nigerian. Once he was attacked by a group of inmates, bloodied and barely hanging on to his consciousness and just when he was about to give out, his boss stepped in and rescued him. When the cartel his boss worked for came to get him out, his boss interceded on his behalf and they got him out. Since then he had sworn his loyalty to his boss.

"Stephen!!!", the older man half shouted, jolting him out of his reverie. "Where's your head at man?", the older man asked.

"I'm sorry, boss. Didn't know you were done", Stephen apologised as he got the door for his boss.

"Take me to the company", the older man said as he got into the car. "Time to settle all scores with my past".

4 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Omo writing in 3rd person ain't no joke....people wey dey do am dey try wella.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Thanks for the update. The story is getting more interesting.
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
So so happy for this update. It's yummy. Patiently yearning for more
Re: Unrequited by MhiztaRange(m): 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
The older man is Ks dad shaa
Re: Unrequited by Dibixxx1(m): 4:52am On Jun 25, 2022
Thanks Moura
Re: Unrequited by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:41am On Jun 25, 2022
Thanks Moura
Re: Unrequited by quadri956(m): 7:02am On Jun 25, 2022
Finally, thanks bro
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
New update tomorrow

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.