Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,092 members, 7,852,696 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity (232 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine / Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity by joelbooks: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2021
President Joe Biden signed four executive actions Tuesday aimed at advancing racial equity as part of his push to use the powers of the presidency to implement parts of his agenda.

The executive actions direct the Department of Housing and Urban Development to "take steps necessary to redress racially discriminatory federal housing policies that have contributed to wealth inequality for generations," according to a fact sheet shared by the White House.

The executive actions also end the Justice Department's use of private prisons, recommit the federal government to Tribal sovereignty and take steps to combat discrimination against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders that has intensified during the coronavirus pandemic.

"For too long we’ve allowed a narrow, cramped view of the promise of this nation to fester," Biden said in a speech ahead of signings.

Biden said that closing the racial income and opportunity gaps would boost the economy for all Americans, adding that all federal agencies and White House offices would be tasked with tackling inequality.

"When we lift each other up, we're all lifted up. And the corollary is true as well — when any one of us is held down, we're all held back," Biden said.

The White House earlier Tuesday called the actions "just the start," adding that Biden is "committed to working with Congress to pass bold legislation that advances racial equity, including increasing funding for small businesses, investing in Historically Black Colleges and Universities and other Minority Serving Institutions, and tripling funding for Title I schools, which serve a majority of low-income students."

Susan Rice, who as Biden’s domestic policy adviser is one of the highest-ranking Black aides in the White House, said that economists estimate that $5 trillion could be added to the economy over the next 5 years if the racial gaps in income and opportunity are closed.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC1H_HyQ-DDPrYu8B3S-T7VA

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-outline-racial-equity-plan-sign-executive-actions-n1255637

1 Share

Re: Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity by 1Alex: 10:57am On Jan 27, 2021
Okay
Re: Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity by updatechange(m): 11:03am On Jan 27, 2021
This is a good news for the world in general.

Trump is mofo
Re: Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2021
Good one Biden. More of that.

Let me also make an appeal, please reconsider sponsoring LGBT and legalising abortion. These two acts makes me not like Democrats.
Re: Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity by etrouble: 11:06am On Jan 27, 2021
Bravo!

And some idiots on the pulpit including FFK snd senseless churchgoers without brain still says this guy is sent by their father Lucifer ,

God has started shaming them all.
Re: Biden Signs Executive Actions On Racial Equity by Righteousness2(m): 11:19am On Jan 27, 2021
The devil Comes not, but to steal , Kill and Destroy.

If the Foundation be Broken, what can the righteous do?

There is nothing Good that could come from the devil or someone given to the walks of the devil.
Don't be Deceived!

As long as the Foundation is broken, forget about what you see and hear. It is a trap.

Until the Root of the Foundation is built back, the Branch cannot survive.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Inauguration Ceremony Of The First Female President Of Tanzania-video / US Fuels Syrian War With New Arms Supplies To Al Qaeda Terrorists - / Commuters Wade Through Dirty Water As Subway Stations In New York Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.