Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Prepaid Meter And Appliances - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Prepaid Meter And Appliances (1949 Views)

Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Showing A Spanner Icon. / Please Help With My Conlog Prepaid Meter / I Need Number Codes To Reset Memmcol Prepaid Meter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prepaid Meter And Appliances by Perodey(m): 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2021
I use a 1.5hp water pump which is labelled 1.1KW. From my experience of power calculation, I am suppose to consume 1.1kwh every 1hr yet my meter shows 1.92kwh every 1hr when the water pump is the only appliance on the meter. I checked with my disco's website (IKEDC) on consumption of domestic appliances and a 1.5hp water pump was quoted to be 1119 watts which is close to the power rating on my appliance. This water pump is the only appliance on the meter. I noticed every 10mins 0.32kwh is taken off my units. I hope these meters haven't been adjusted to rip us. Find attached usage statistics from site, water pump is at bottom of picture

Re: Prepaid Meter And Appliances by MrHighSea: 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
Is it true that, Nigerians resist development?
Re: Prepaid Meter And Appliances by Perodey(m): 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
What has that got to do with this. Does development mean someone should cheat me of my hard earned money. Is it not beacuse we refuse to look into issues and raise alarm that businesses and govt get to walk over us. Someone observed something and shared so that we look into it and stop being ripped yet someone is saying we resist development. Mr Man, next time, read, understand the message b4 you comment.
MrHighSea:
Is it true that, Nigerians resist development?

1 Like

Re: Prepaid Meter And Appliances by MrHighSea: 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
Perodey:
What has that got to do with this. Does development mean someone should cheat me of my hard earned money. Is it not beacuse we refuse to look into issues and raise alarm that businesses and govt get to walk over us. Someone observed something and shared so that we look into it and stop being ripped yet someone is saying we resist development. Mr Man, next time, read, understand the message b4 you comment.
lol.
Jeez.
Read your comment and apply that advice to yourself.

the DISCOS are the Nigerians here.
They're resisting and sabotaging the efforts of those that designed/manufactured the prepaid meters.
Re: Prepaid Meter And Appliances by StPete: 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
MrHighSea:

lol.
Jeez.

They're resisting and sabotaging the efforts of those that designed/manufactured the prepaid meters.

Your response doesn't really tally with the OPs first post. What has development got to do with cheating? You can still cheat a person in the process of development so use your words correctly.

1 Like

Re: Prepaid Meter And Appliances by Perodey(m): 2:17am On Jan 28, 2021
MrHighSea:

lol.
Jeez.

my sincere apologies. But your comment was vague hence open to misinterpretation.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Clean Nokia N900 For Sale @ 55k / Fairly Used Zenith Drycell Inverter Battery @ Giveaway Price / Apple Macbook Pro For Sale At A Giveaway Price. SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.