Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment (1050 Views)

This Is A Photo Of Father & Daughter In Ilorin & Not Husband & Wife / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. / Man Beats His Wife, Sends Her Packing From The House For Losing A TV Remote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by jawalis(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2021
I need a TV in Ilorin or environment.
32 inches or more.
Slim.
Pls reply this if you have one. Thanks
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
Go to unity junction, u will see what you are looking for at affordable prices
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
jawalis:
I need a TV in Ilorin or environment.
32 inches or more.
Slim.
Pls reply this if you have one. Thanks
Oh, you live in Ilorin?
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by jawalis(m): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
Denique:

Oh, you live in Ilorin?
No. I lives in Lagos. But I run a program in Ilorin.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by jawalis(m): 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
southniyikaye:
Go to unity junction, u will see what you are looking for at affordable prices
Thanks bro.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 7:59am On Jan 28, 2021
jawalis:

No. I lives in Lagos. But I run a program in Ilorin.

Wanted to ask about life in Ilorin. Looking to relocate there but I'm stuck between Akure and her too. How safe is it putting the herdsmen brouhaha in view?

Can you help me with the house and shop fees near the university. A mini flat, pls.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Apologist02: 8:16am On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

Wanted to ask about life in Ilorin. Looking to relocate there but I'm stuck between Akure and her too. How safe is it putting the herdsmen brouhaha in view?

Can you help me with the house and shop fees near the university. A mini flat, pls.
I've lived all my life in ilorin, so I'd like to help. I can't compare both cities because I've not been to Akure but I will tell u that Ilorin is generally peaceful. U will rarely meet with fanatics ("yoruba Muslims" jargon comes to mind). Just like every other place, they're pockets of security issues here and there but if u live within d town and most likely close to the University as u said then u are relatively very safe.
Rents at Tanke is relatively high because of d demand by d student population but u will still get a nice modern looking mini flat between 40k and 80k. I stay in 3 bedroom flat in town and d rent is just 70k. Shop rents can also vary base of its location (roadside or in-street) and size. But when u see people maintaining their shop space for years even when d sales or their market volume is not much then we can conclude that d rent are very moderate also. I hope this is helpful, u can ask more questions if u still need clarification.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 8:30am On Jan 28, 2021
Apologist02:

I've lived all my life in ilorin, so I'd like to help. I can't compare both cities because I've not been to Akure but I will tell u that Ilorin is generally peaceful. U will rarely meet with fanatics ("yoruba Muslims" jargon comes to mind). Just like every other place, they're pockets of security issues here and there but if u live within d town and most likely close to the University as u said then u are relatively very safe.
Rents at Tanke is relatively high because of d demand by d student population but u will still get a nice modern looking mini flat between 40k and 80k. I stay in 3 bedroom flat in town and d rent is just 70k. Shop rents can also vary base of its location (roadside or in-street) and size. But when u see people maintaining their shop space for years even when d sales or their market volume is not much then we can conclude that d rent are very moderate also. I hope this is helpful, u can ask more questions if u still need clarification.

Awwwn, thank you so much and yes, I have more questions to ask:

How close is Tanke to the university?
Is it an area where pastries will thrive?
Did you mean a room and parlour goes for 80k That's cheap! Wow!! I should relocate o.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Apologist02: 8:43am On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

Awwwn, thank you so much and yes, I have more questions to ask:

How close is Tanke to the university?
Is it an area where pastries will thrive?
Did you mean a room and parlour goes for 80k That's cheap! Wow!! I should relocate o.
Tanke used to be a #50 ride to campus but I think d price now is #100. In d last 4 years d influx of eateries and fast food joint along that route has been massive. So I believe d market is there and there's lot of awareness on ground for ur choice of business. If u can do ur stuff differently and u set up in a good location then it will be a success for u.
U will get a room and parlour selfcon or a 2 bedroom flat for that price in town (town in this sense is #50 ride away from tanke), in Tanke u will also get a very good place at that price but it might be a bit far from the major road. Most houses close to d roads are always filled.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2021
Apologist02:

Tanke used to be a #50 ride to campus but I think d price now is #100. In d last 4 years d influx of eateries and fast food joint along that route has been massive. So I believe d market is there and there's lot of awareness on ground for ur choice of business. If u can do ur stuff differently and u set up in a good location then it will be a success for u.
U will get a room and parlour selfcon or a 2 bedroom flat for that price in town (town in this sense is #50 ride away from tanke), in Tanke u will also get a very good place at that price but it might be a bit far from the major road. Most houses close to d roads are always filled.

So, what good location in Tanke would you suggest for my kind of business?
Is it better to get a place in town or somewhere in Tanks that you pointed out may be far from Tanke? Which is more plausible. How close is town to the university?

1 Like

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Apologist02: 9:09am On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

So, what good location in Tanks would you suggest for my kind of business?
Is it better to get a place in town or somewhere in Tanks that you pointed out may be far from Tanke? Which is more plausible. How close is town to the university?
Let me give a better description of Tanke.
Tanke is a long road and it became that way because of the adoption of the name as the isolated and close-up areas along that route became developed due to the presence of the university. So taking all the street names and areas that have merge together under that name Tanke, I will say Tanke is the last street u will pass before getting to d university in respective of where u are coming from.
From the very first junction to the University gate, u will cover that distance with #100. But University gate is very far from the building sites so u have to take another vehicle inside. Nevertheless, taking a straight cab from Tanke into d university is still #100.
At d present rates, I will get into the campus with #150 (#50 from my place to Tanke and #100 from Tanke into d campus).
Personally I would prefer to rent a place away from Tanke and do the business at Tanke (a #50 distance away), that's because I'm not a fan of living in student's dominated area.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Teel012(m): 9:29am On Jan 28, 2021
I stay in ilorin and he's right. but 80k might not be enough, pastries will sell in tanke and take is the road to d school. you can call or chat me up if u need anything further.

pls note that tanke is not a student dominated area, oke-odo a place before school gate is student dominated. Tanke is a whole area.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 11:55am On Jan 28, 2021
Apologist02:

Let me give a better description of Tanke.
Tanke is a long road and it became that way because of the adoption of the name as the isolated and close-up areas along that route became developed due to the presence of the university. So taking all the street names and areas that have merge together under that name Tanke, I will say Tanke is the last street u will pass before getting to d university in respective of where u are coming from.
From the very first junction to the University gate, u will cover that distance with #100. But University gate is very far from the building sites so u have to take another vehicle inside. Nevertheless, taking a straight cab from Tanke into d university is still #100.
At d present rates, I will get into the campus with #150 (#50 from my place to Tanke and #100 from Tanke into d campus).
Personally I would prefer to rent a place away from Tanke and do the business at Tanke (a #50 distance away), that's because I'm not a fan of living in student's dominated area.

Awwww, thanks so much. So, you'd advice I get a shop at Tanke to reach a wider audience then rent a place outside there.
How decent are the houses in the town you mentioned. Do they have running water and are there sight seeings to unwind? How's the electricity there?

Sorry for my many troubles cheesy

1 Like

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by jawalis(m): 11:56am On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

Hmmmm. Good morning. I’ll sincerely advice you to chose Ilorin. I’ll chose Ilorin 99 times if I’ll have to relocate permanently. Ilorin is very peaceful and calm, things are cheaper here, trust me. About houses in Ilorin, a friend got a Two bedroom flat at Asa Dam with pop, full tiles and running water at 100k. But houses are a bit costly around Tanke (university). Shops are given out at 70+ around that area depending on the size and location precisely. Things are expensive in Akure. But if you can consider places like Taiwo, Adewole (where i stay), Asa Damn, Airport, Nasfat; things are cheaper and you’ll like it.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Apologist02: 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

Awwww, thanks so much. So, you'd advice I get a shop at Tanke to reach a wider audience then rent a place outside there.
How decent are the houses in the town you mentioned. Do they have running water and are there sight seeings to unwind?

Sorry for my many troubles cheesy
Yes, that's my advice. Getting a decent house is no trouble at all, that I'm very sure of. There isn't much stress in this clime and I believe the city has just enough opportunities to unwind as much as d stress it gives. It's not the best in terms of entertainment and bubbling life, but d atmosphere is enough for an average person.
I will suggest u come for a reconnaissance visit and make ur decisions.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 12:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
jawalis:

Hmmmm. Good morning. I’ll sincerely advice you to chose Ilorin. I’ll chose Ilorin 99 times if I’ll have to relocate permanently. Ilorin is very peaceful and calm, things are cheaper here, trust me. About houses in Ilorin, a friend got a Two bedroom flat at Asa Dam with pop, full tiles and running water at 100k. But houses are a bit costly around Tanke (university). Shops are given out at 70+ around that area depending on the size and location precisely. Things are expensive in Akure. But if you can consider places like Taiwo, Adewole (where i stay), Asa Damn, Airport, Nasfat; things are cheaper and you’ll like it.

What's the proximity of Adewole, Asa Dam to the university, pls?

1 Like

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Apologist02: 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2021
@Denique
If u are presently within d SW region, I suggest u come visiting. U can get here by 12noon from anywhere within d SW if u move out very early. U will easily tour the whole town within 6 to 8hours so u can just book a hotel room for one night (u will get a very nice space for 10k, less if u want to save cost) and u travel back d next day.
If u are a guy I can help with a free space but if u are a female then I'm doing my best here already.
Cheers and happy decision making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2021
Apologist02:
@De.nique
If u are presently within d SW region, I suggest u come visiting. U can get here by 12noon from anywhere within d SW if u move out very early. U will easily tour the whole town within 6 to 8hours so u can just book a hotel room for one night (u will get a very nice space for 10k, less if u want to save cost) and u travel back d next day.
If u are a guy I can help with a free space but if u are a female then I'm doing my best here already.
Cheers and happy decision making.

I've been so much trouble, I know! cheesy And, it's because I haven't really lived outside Lagos.

Well, I'm looking to move in the year and will mostly definitely come down for an informed decision. Thanks to you two (cc: jawalis)for your time. Will hit you up on this thread when I eventually make up my mind.

1 Like

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by jawalis(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

What's the proximity of Adewole, Asa Dam to the university, pls?
It’s 150 naira away. But houses and stuffs are more cheaper and these area and less populated unlike Tanke. Tanke seems to be quite expensive because of the students population and proximity to campus. But if you are not running a full time program at the Uni. I’ll advice you stay off. Taiwo, Oko Erin, Irewolede will be great.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by jawalis(m): 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

I've been so much trouble, I know! cheesy And, it's because I haven't really lived outside Lagos.

Well, I'm looking to move in the year and will mostly definitely come down for an informed decision. Thanks to you two (cc: jawalis)for your time. Will hit you up on this thread when I eventually make up my mind.
Like I said, I run a program in Ilorin too. I’m in Lagos. But I’m as Well considering moving to Ilorin later.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
Teel012:
I stay in ilorin and he's right. but 80k might not be enough, pastries will sell in tanke and take is the road to d school. you can call or chat me up if u need anything further.

pls note that tanke is not a student dominated area, oke-odo a place before school gate is student dominated. Tanke is a whole area.

Just seeing this. Thank you for your input. I'll update the post once I'm ready to move.

However, you said 80k might not be enough. Are you talking about the shop or house?

1 Like

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Teel012(m): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

Just seeing this. Thank you for your input. I'll update the post once I'm ready to move.

However, you said 80k might not be enough. Are you talking about the shop or house?

talking of house. you'll get shop for that amount or even lesser.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
Teel012:

talking of house. you'll get shop for that amount or even lesser.
So, what kind of apartment can I get for that amount? Thanks
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Teel012(m): 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

So, what kind of apartment can I get for that amount? Thanks
maybe one that's far inside, a self-con, but to get one close to d road, budget about 120/150. you might not need to spend on transport to your shop sefbif you get that.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Teel012:

maybe one that's far inside, a self-con, but to get one close to d road, budget about 120/150. you might not need to spend on transport to your shop sefbif you get that.

Taking into cognisance that I'm going to have to setup and settle in, I wouldn't want to spend too much. Give or take, 120k should get me a mini flat, right?

Last question, pls. smiley

1 Like

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Teel012(m): 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

Taking into cognisance that I'm going to have to setup and settle in, I wouldn't want to spend too much. Give or take, 120k should get me a mini flat, right?

Last question, pls. smiley

Most definitely, you'll get a mini flat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by oazeez1991(m): 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
Denique:

Bro, just as many av said b4 now, ur best bet is Ilorin. Avin spent most of my life so far in Lagos nd getin 2 experience d lifestyle here in Ilorin, d atmosphere is conducive nd peaceful here, plus d cost of living. U really would like it here, nd since u r business incline, ur potential customers r mostly students, nd wia u can get dem is around Tanke & Oke Odo.

All d best Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
oazeez1991:

Bro, just as many av said b4 now, ur best bet is Ilorin. Avin spent most of my life so far in Lagos nd getin 2 experience d lifestyle here in Ilorin, d atmosphere is conducive nd peaceful here, plus d cost of living. U really would like it here, nd since u r business incline, ur potential customers r mostly students, nd wia u can get dem is around Tanke & Oke Odo.

All d best Sir.

Thank you so much for your input.

I'm a lady BTW.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by oazeez1991(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Denique:

I'm a lady BTW.

Oh! sorry. Wif d rate at which NLers do fake dia gender at times don't let one decipher btw tru M nd F genders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Boye33: 7:39am On Jan 31, 2021
jawalis:

Hmmmm. Good morning. I’ll sincerely advice you to chose Ilorin. I’ll chose $Ilorin 99 times if I’ll have to relocate permanently. Ilorin is very peaceful and calm, things are cheaper here, trust me. About houses in Ilorin, a friend got a Two bedroom flat at Asa Dam with pop, full tiles and running water at 100k. But houses are a bit costly around Tanke (university). Shops are given out at 70+ around that area depending on the size and location precisely. Things are expensive in Akure. But if you can consider places like Taiwo, Adewole (where i stay), Asa Damn, Airport, Nasfat; things are cheaper and you’ll like it.

Please how much does a two bedroom flat cost in Adewole.

I schooled in ilorin and I know how serene and peaceful ilorin is.

it's my wish to settle down there but not much economic activities and jobs are available there except civil servants and tertiary institution workers.

I don't know if this has changed though.

I'm planning on moving this year too.
Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Boye33: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2021
Denique:

I'm a lady BTW.

I'll seriously urge you to move to ilorin than to Akure.

I have been to both cities. Ilorin is more cheap and peaceful than Akure. if you're looking to hide somewhere and blend almost immediately, away from the stress of living in Lagos, ilorin is the best place.

I will advise you consider Fate or Pipeline for your accommodation.
it's just 50 naira or 70 naira max to tanke then students are not concentrated in these areas.

Your pastries business would thrive in tanke, I would advise you look into event planning also. it's a rising business in ilorin currently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A TV In Ilorin Or Environment by Denique(f): 8:10am On Jan 31, 2021
Boye33:

I'll seriously urge you to move to ilorin than to Akure.

I have been to both cities. Ilorin is more cheap and peaceful than Akure. if you're looking to hide somewhere and blend almost immediately, away from the stress of living in Lagos, ilorin is the best place.

I will advise you consider Fate or Pipeline for your accommodation.
it's just 50 naira or 70 naira max to tanke then students are not concentrated in these areas.

Your pastries business would thrive in tanke, I would advise you look into event planning also. it's a rising business in ilorin currently.

Awwww...thank you so much for this. I should consider adding event planning to my CV then. Thanks once more.

I'll update the thread and give you all a mention once I'm ready to move.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Urgently Need Ur Opinions Or Help / . / Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.