Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Camry 2003 Ac Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2003 Ac Problems (1590 Views)

2009 - 2010 Corolla Ac Problems / My Toyota Camry 2003 AC Blowing Hot At Driver Side But Cold On Passenger Side. / Toyota Camry 2003 For Sale At Cheap Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2003 Ac Problems by oscarmedia(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hello house

So my ac had issues recently, and i took it to the usual ac technician at Ilaje, Ajah mechanic village. I paid for the gas to be filled, and it was blowing cool.

Less than a week later, i drove the car to a church in satellite town with the ac blowing very cold all the way there from Ajah. After the church service, the ac wasn't blowing cold no matter what i did. The Ac technician traced and said it was a seal on the compressor, and i paid 13k for that to be fixed. The next day, the cold ac was back to blowing hot air, i took it back to him, and he traced and said it was one of the joints that he cleaned and tightened.

The next day again, the same problem emerged, and suddenly he started making himself hard to get hold of till about a week later. I left the car with him to check the problem, and when i came back, he said he would have to remove the dashboard and change the evaporator for 35k.

Something within me just chose not to go any further with him even though he was highly recommended and had done an excellent job on the same car about a year ago.

Please, what could be the cause of this leakage? He says it's not the compressor, the condenser, or anything on the engine side, but my gas leaks super fast whenever it is filled.
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by Heartbender: 12:13am On Jan 29, 2021
Try someone else

3 Likes

Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by andrewbaba44: 5:59am On Jan 29, 2021
oscarmedia:
Hello house

So my ac had issues recently, and i took it to the usual ac technician at Ilaje, Ajah mechanic village. I paid for the gas to be filled, and it was blowing cool.

Less than a week later, i drove the car to a church in satellite town with the ac blowing very cold all the way there from Ajah. After the church service, the ac wasn't blowing cold no matter what i did. The Ac technician traced and said it was a seal on the compressor, and i paid 13k for that to be fixed. The next day, the cold ac was back to blowing hot air, i took it back to him, and he traced and said it was one of the joints that he cleaned and tightened.

The next day again, the same problem emerged, and suddenly he started making himself hard to get hold of till about a week later. I left the car with him to check the problem, and when i came back, he said he would have to remove the dashboard and change the evaporator for 35k.

Something within me just chose not to go any further with him even though he was highly recommended and had done an excellent job on the same car about a year ago.

Please, what could be the cause of this leakage? He says it's not the compressor, the condenser, or anything on the engine side, but my gas leaks super fast whenever it is filled.

That guy just Dey chop your money for no reason Dey change Wetin e no suppose change

One thing that I am sure about is that you need a new compressor ,a reliable AC person will tell you the rest

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by oscarmedia(m): 6:46am On Jan 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

That guy just Dey chop your money for no reason Dey change Wetin e no suppose change

One thing that I am sure about is that you need a new compressor ,a reliable AC person will tell you the rest

Good luck

How sure are you with no diagnosis?

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by andrewbaba44: 8:28am On Jan 29, 2021
oscarmedia:

How sure are you with no diagnosis?

He fixed the seal of the compressor and it wasn’t long it starts blowing air again you want to continue spending and use it for just a day and return there ba ?

Contact mobus on Nairaland here to help you out
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by bonnyhope: 8:32am On Jan 29, 2021
oscarmedia:
Hello house

Mine was behaving the same until I changed the evaporator
And since then No issues
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by peddas: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2021
Evaporator has leakage , just change it.am advising you from my personal experience.
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by nemadfsyahooc: 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2021
Yes that's true. Change the evaporator and you are good to go. My Camry had the same issue until I changed the evaporator but I bought mine for 16k at olowu Ikeja and it's over a year now still chilling cold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by oscarmedia(m): 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
Thank you
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by oscarmedia(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2021
Thank you, if you have a contact i can use there i'll be grateful
nemadfsyahooc:
Yes that's true. Change the evaporator and you are good to go. My Camry had the same issue until I changed the evaporator but I bought mine for 16k at olowu Ikeja and it's over a year now still chilling cold.
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by nbolaji(m): 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
oscarmedia:
Thank you, if you have a contact i can use there i'll be grateful

Please were you able to fix this problem. Mine is blowing ordinary air/slightly cold air as compared to the passenger side.
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by mosbus: 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2022
oscarmedia:
Hello house

I will advice you do pressure check first before replacing anything.
We can help you diagnose your evaporator without removing your dashboard.
Contact mosbuscool on 08026941215 or 08037586148 for more info.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:57am On Mar 06, 2022
Let's chat, I will fix the A/C. 08092757438
Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by Dozieson(m): 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2022
MOTIONTECH:
Let's chat, I will fix the A/C. 08092757438

Re: Camry 2003 Ac Problems by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
Dozieson:

Airforce vehicle maintenance Squadron Agege, after Computer village.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Wake Up To Meet Your Car Like This? / How To Escape From The Trunk/Boot Of A Car (Photos) / Where Can I Buy Silicone Grease Or Brake Grease In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.