Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders (108959 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Greenback: 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2021
bamite:

Ayam okay with NTA news

grin
Lzaa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by adonnii(f): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2021
South African companies just ripping Nigerians off back home here in
Nigeria while their home countrymen are threatening Nigerian citizens

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Taiwojon(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2021
Great!!!!

Anyway
The kingdom of God is at hand, repent ye and believe the Gospel

Jesus save

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Ayomideen(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2021
dancok:
has Tstv started operating?
Yeah
And its pretty good to be honest
If they had just launched like this back then without all the noise and high expectations, they would have had instant success

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Weneda(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2021
Pls someone should tell me more about strong free on air decoder?

5 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by ipain: 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Life is about time and chance . Yesterday was DSTV

Does IPTV show major league matches?

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by feelme3(m): 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2021
A company that continues ripping Nigerians off with hike in subscription but keep dishing out 10 years old programming.

No be their fault sha. Na so our leaders don rubbish the country reach.

9 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Duru9(m): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2021
Star time or nothing

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by edoairways: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ciscogod:
I[b]PTV[/b] is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

How do I enjoy their services?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by northvietnam(m): 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ciscogod:
IPTV is really giving DSTV run of their life, The truth is that the world has gone digital , even if DSTV slash to 2k naira on premium package it cannot be compare to numerous entertaining channel on an Internet Protocol Cable TV.

Please save my soul and tell me more about this IPTV.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by kazma1010(m): 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
They did drop there sub or introduce pay per view na whaaha o0oo0 for our country hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by armadeo(m): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
PenuelFarms:
Why not reduce the monthly subscription?

Nigerians are getting wiser.

Leave them to be forming smart there. The decorder and dish should be 1k. The subscription is what keeps them going.

6 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Rexnegro(m): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2021
obinna37:
The fear of tstv,until you people start pay as you go,Nigeria's have waken up
wait o am I missing something ? is tstv functioning now ? if yes omo no wonder multichoice don call me tire lately reminding me of the slash amount offer of jolli package. smh

7 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by puremaker7(m): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ciscogod:

Please get more information about your claim,

IPNX or Fiberone can give you such service between 10 to 15k Monthly
IPNX unlimited for 10 to 15K na lie go kill you.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by naijadrivablog: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
Na promo to get more customers.

I pity TSTV for not taking off as planned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Topmaike007(m): 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
DrObum:

How much come be the satellite subscription?
don't forget that you can also use internet for other things

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by NaMe4: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
patoski39:
plus decoder and dish pan,, yes

Okay. Thought it was just the subscription.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by ceede2: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
enfantdedieu:
Go buy yourselves a Xiaomi android TV box. Then download wss app. Connect the Hdm1 cable from your Android box to your flat screen, and you good to go. Look for a very good network internet provider like "may be" airtel (I no Dey naija sha..)
Noted
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Topmaike007(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
ipain:

Does IPTV show major league matches?
yeah from EPL,bundesliga,ligue 1,laliga,mls,serieA etc

4 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by northvietnam(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
cathodekazim:

Thunder fire IPTV and Dstv

With less than 400 mb, I watch full match directly from the internet. All you need is good ntwk. I stream live matches from hesgoal, epicsport, Burma TV, live football TV etc. You'll watch 3 matches with 1 gig

In all these , which one is the best sir ?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by MRFIXER001: 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
This is interesting
rodeo0070:
Leading video entertainment provider, MultiChoice Nigeria, has announced a price slash on its DStv and GOtv decoders starting Monday, February 1st, 2021.

The price slash will see the DStv HD decoder, dish kit with Compact package subscription drop from N18,600 to N9,900 on Confam package, while GOtv decoder, GOtennae with GOtv Jolli package subscription will go from N8,400 to N6,900.

DStv Confam is one of two recently improved DStv packages specially designed for the Nigerian family. With over 120 channels, DStv Confam offers the best of family time with international entertainment, kids, news and sports boasting of a range of channels including SuperSport La Liga, CBS Reality, FOX, BET and Cartoon Network.

GOtv Jolli, also a recently improved package on the DTT offering, offers a broad selection of over 68 local and international channels to choose from. Some of the channels available include SuperSport Football, ROK 2, Telemundo, FOX, Davinci Learning and Africa News.

Speaking at a virtual media briefing held on Friday, 29 January, Chief Customer Officer, MultiChoice Nigeria, Martin Mabutho, explained that the price slash is part of MultiChoice’s long line of efforts to lessen the economic impact of COVID on customers and a reflection of its commitment to making quality entertainment more accessible to Nigerians.

“With this discount, we are lowering the entry barrier for new customers to get a DStv or GOtv decoder as staying connected to credible information and another quality programming can be comforting for many families during these trying times,” said Mabutho.

Mabutho also listed some of the company’s relief strategies deployed during the first wave of the pandemic which includes cash donations of N200 million and N50 million to the Federal Government and Lagos State Government respectively, N400 million to the creative industry, whose professionals experienced disruptions in productions; donation of 30,000 Personal Protective Equipment and 30,000 face masks to hospitals and Non-Governmental Organisations as well as an approved inventory worth over N550m highlighting NCDC’s COVID-19 helplines and PSA materials on over 10 channels on DStv and GOtv.

“In addition to the discount we are currently running our DStv Step-Up offer which gives our customers on lower packages an opportunity to experience programming on higher packages, and a GOtv Max offer which sees customers on Jolli and Jinja enjoy a special discount of N2,999 instead of N3,600 per month,” Mabutho added.

The discounted DStv and GOtv bundle offer will be available from Monday, February 1st 2021 for a limited time only.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2021/01/29/multichoice-announces-price-slash-on-dstv-gotv-decoders/
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by 77al: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ciscogod , can you tell me a bit more about the fiberOne and direct ISP link you speak of?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ciscogod:

Bros, Its as easy as 123, Get an internet of 6 to 10Mbps and not Data cap internet
imagine using 1.2gb, for an hour, it's better you subscribe for the DStv premium sef of 16kplus, than using data. 1.2gb by let's say 10 hours a days, is bout 12gb per day, now calculate it for 7 days that's 84gb in a week, how much is 100gb? Mtcheew DStv is still the best simple and period

6 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by AerialMapper: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
The slash before the raise

Next thing in June they'll raise the subscription thankfully I'm ready for them.

I upgraded my home internet to IPNX which gives me guaranteed speed of 30Mbps unlimited. Secondly, bought a tv running android OS and plan to install live TV app on it or get any IPTV subscription. With this combo, I dont need DSTV since I will get premium channels streamed.

Dstv is scrapped

11 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
obinna37:
the price of their decoder without dish is #12k with 2weeks of free watching,after that you can select the channels you like to watch and subscribers,like me I selected only 10 channels.
thanks, I think u base in Lagos, I have never seen Tstv here in Akure, I will opt for them,
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
northvietnam:

Please save my soul and tell me more about this IPTV.
waste of time
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Komu1048(m): 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
TruthHurts1:
What is the difference between Confam and Premium?

See package lies, when there was lockdown this people increased their tariff. For their mind naija can’t do without being entertained. We dumb their ass, all of a sudden they came with lesser packages and claim it was because of covid

4 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2021
AerialMapper:
The slash before the raise

Next thing in June they'll raise the subscription thankfully I'm ready for them.

I upgraded my home internet to IPNX which gives me guaranteed speed of 30Mbps unlimited. Secondly, bought a tv running android OS and plan to install live TV app on it or get any IPTV subscription. With this combo, I dont need DSTV since I will get premium channels streamed.

Dstv is scrapped
when you calculate how much it takes to stream 720p on your smart tv, then check the price, you will come back to dstv

14 Likes

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Ciscogod(m): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2021
puremaker7:
IPNX unlimited for 10 to 15K na lie go kill you.

Because nairaland is free for comment , that does not warrant this comment from you, Please visit their website,

I work for an ISP

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by ajaymina(m): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Does Tstv show premier league.
Is premiere league the purpose for cable TV?
Bros, there's more to cable TV exploration than premier leaguing.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Under Fire Over Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / BBNaija: Wathoni's Armpit Causes Outrage On Social Media (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.