Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. (1865 Views)

Nigerians In Chicago!!help / I Need Help Guys I Am In Chicago Illinois And I Wanna Get The New Passport / Any Nairalander In Chicago That Can Help With Any Job For Green Card Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by chicagoboy: 2:51am On Apr 05, 2011
i moved to united states in november 2010 and eversince having been looking for a job,i have a masters degree from nigeria but am ready to do any BLACK COLAR JOB,i need a job,i reside in the south side of chicago,please help,am ready to work.thanks for reading.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by fstranger5: 4:05am On Apr 05, 2011
Can you work as a P_I_M_P?
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by sadboy: 5:29am On Apr 05, 2011
u r in chicago and asking nigerians for job. where you not told before not to down there?
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by 25omega(m): 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2011
poster

the question is are you allowed to work? if you are your best tool is craigslist when it comes to finding a quick job
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by chicagoboy: 1:51am On Apr 06, 2011
yes,am allowed to work,but all employer that contacted me always said i dont have a verifiable work history in united states.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by fstranger5: 2:21am On Apr 06, 2011
Masters in what?
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by chicagoboy: 3:05am On Apr 07, 2011
M.A IN PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by 25omega(m): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2011
if i were you i will start applying to social service agencies they need people with conflict resolution skills. I dont how possible it is for you to move to NY but there are lots and lots of those agencies there who will give you a chance. Since you haven't been working you can also look into getting an internship which ultimately counts as work experience the only problem is most internships do not pay

wishing you the best
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by johnbravo: 4:28am On Nov 07, 2011
plz I just came to US five days ago and I need any kind of minial job to sustain, I am I.T techncian by profession and moreover I a GC holder. but I need to start somewhere. I will appreciate if anyone can hook me up with any minial job or direct me how I will go abt. even to work as a waiter, I will do. any job at all
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by sabbath7th: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
Hey,
Do you have comuter with broadband internet and land line phone? If yes and you are willing to do customer service from home at min wage then I can recommend you to work at home site.

Go to westathome.com and apply there, they are looking for lot of agents duing the holiday time and they contract with different companies like virgin, toys R us and comcast etc. Direct Response (DR) is the most flexible project where you can pick up hrs anytime of the day (if avilable). Its inbound sales calls for informecials you see on TV like "Magic Bullet" or those stupid knives. But this should help you till you get a good job and you can do this part time for extra cash.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by johnbravo: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for your message but I leave in chicago when I try to apply, I was told the service is not available in my area, Regards
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by sabbath7th: 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2011
I have another work from home company, I'll post it when I go home this evening.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by Bossman(m): 12:47am On Nov 17, 2011
I am assuming you are staying with someone. Can't they help. As long as you have the papers to work, you should be able to get something.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by chicagoboy: 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2011
call staff on site at 224-238-3728 or 630-771-1079 ,they have nigth shift job in bolingbrook,35 minuted drive from chicago,i work with them now 3.30 pm -2,gudluck and please leave feedback to let me know hw far.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by johnbravo: 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
Thanks many times, I just saw your post and number you said I should call, I will call them immediately I go home but I will like u to write me through my email address: johnuchendu@ymail.com

so I can contact you and give u my phone number if possible yours as well, so that we can talk very well

Thanks
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by johnbravo: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2011
@ Bossman I am leaving with pple but you know one thing, God help pple through someone u never get across b/4, becos them too they have Job, so they dont too much care, so I have to carry my own cross

Thanks
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by johnbravo: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Chicagoboy I have call those number u gave me but I was told to fill up online. but I have done that, should wait 4 them or should I go to their office
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by chicagoboy: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2011
fill the online form and call them everyday ask for MILKA speak as if you had met her before that when can you start and work on your accent,am very positive you will be hired.
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by johnbravo: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2011
ok there is no problem I will stil do as you said. @ Chicagoboy
Re: Nairalanders In Chicago Pls Help I Need A Job. by Select(m): 12:27am On Nov 25, 2011
@ Johnbravo,
Whts d latest? hope you get somethng good.

(1) (Reply)

What Country Do You Think Is The Coldest In The World? / Moment Passengers Came Out To Push Plane On Runway After Tyre Burst (video) / I Want To Travel To Accra Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.