Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? (5707 Views)

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah? / Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) / Coronavirus Is Changing The Way Muslims Worship Across The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2021
Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

If Yes, give your reasons.
If No, give your reasons.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by PoliteActivist: 11:07am On Jan 30, 2021
Myer:

How many gods did Abraham have? They both claim him as father. Ishmael for Muslims, Isaac for Christians.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2021
PoliteActivist:

How many gods did Abraham have? They both claim him as father. Ishmael for Muslims, Isaac for Christians.

The term Father is only used by Christians
However you do have a point. The same God blessed Isaac and Ishmael out of whom both Christianity and Islam are progenies respectively.
Even though the bible claims Isaac is the heir.

Galatians 4:30
But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman [Hagar] and her son [Ishmael], For never shall the son of the bondwoman be heir and share the inheritance with the son of the free woman.”

But have you noticed that Christians and Muslims always say they don't worship the same God?

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by PoliteActivist: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2021
Myer:

The term Father is only used by Christians
However you do have a point. The same God blessed Isaac and Ishmael out 8f whom both Christianity and Islam are progenies respectively.
Even though the bible claims Isaac is the heir.

Galatians 4:30
But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman [Hagar] and her son [Ishmael], For never shall the son of the bondwoman be heir and share the inheritance with the son of the free woman.”

But have you noticed that Christians and Muslims always say they don't worship the same God?

In that case your question should be whether Christians worship the same God. And whether Muslims (Sunni, boko haram, etc) worship the same Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2021
PoliteActivist:

In that case your question should be whether Christians worship the same God. And whether Muslims (Sunni, boko haram, etc) worship the same Allah.

Clarify pls. You seem to have lost me.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by mamaafrik(m): 11:27am On Jan 30, 2021
You too pick up a Bible ,pick up a Quran too,read OBJECTIVELY and tell is your conclusion
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by PoliteActivist: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2021
Myer:

Clarify pls. You seem to have lost me.

You should be wondering whether all these Christian denominations worship the same God, and whether Boko Haram, Ned Nwoko, etc worship the same Allah
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Samfloxin(m): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2021
No,christians worship God while Muslims worship a god called allah.

8 Likes

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by JaneYave(f): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2021
mamaafrik:
You too pick up a Bible ,pick up a Quran too,read OBJECTIVELY and tell is your conclusion
Intelligent!

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
mamaafrik:

If you have done that, maybe you can help share your objective observation.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Samfloxin:
No,christians worship God while Muslims worship a god called allah.

Christians worship The God and not gods.
Allah by translation means The God.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by PoliteActivist: 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
Myer:

Christians worship The God and not gods.
Allah by translation means The God.

Fela nko
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Fela nko

What about him?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by PoliteActivist: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
Myer:

What about him?

Did he worship a different God
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
Left religion section for romance, don't have time for religious arguments no more.

Myer:
MuttletLaff AkinwaleJJ HopefulLandlord

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Oyebaba10: 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
Not at all, the Christian God is quite different from the God Muslims worship

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Oyebaba10: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
I think the first major difference is each each religion view about Jesus as
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by enilove(m): 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
We don't worship the same God.

Christians worship God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob.

Muslims worship god of Abraham , Isaac and Ishmael .

The Christian God is the God that called the prophets in the Bible . Example , Abraham Moses , Elijah , Elisha , Jeremiah etc.

The Muslim god has only Muhammad as his prophet . '' There is no God but Allah and MUHAMMAD IS HIS PROPHET'' .
That is the hidden truth about Islam .
Other prophets of the Bible are not the prophet of Allah .

Christians can face anywhere to worship their God .
Muslims must face the kabah to worship their God .

Christians believe God is our Father .
Muslims believe they are slaves of God .

The god of the Muslims command them to kill Christians , which means he is not our God .

8 Likes

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
enilove:
We don't worship the same God.

Christians worship God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob.

Muslims worship god of Abraham , Isaac and Ishmael .

The Christian God is the God that called the prophets in the Bible . Example , Abraham Moses , Elijah , Elisha , Jeremiah etc.

The Muslim god has only Muhammad as his prophet . '' There is no God but Allah and MUHAMMAD IS HIS PROPHET'' .
That is the hidden truth about Islam .
Other prophets of the Bible are not the prophet of Allah .

Christians can face anywhere to worship their God .
Muslims must face the kabah to worship their God .

Christians believe God is our Father .
Muslims believe they are slaves of God .

The god of the Muslims command them to kill Christians , which means he is not our God .

I wish you would share your references from the bible or quran to help separate opinions from facts.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Did he worship a different God

He is just a person and not a religion. I don't believe I have any opinion on his choice of religion or God.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
AkinwaleJJ:
Left religion section for romance, don't have time for religious arguments no more.

Lol interesting. Now you're searching for love?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by kingxsamz(m): 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
Lol. Even in the bible the god of the old testament and new testament are clearly different, talk more of between two religions.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Liposure: 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
The xtians worship yahweh, the muslims worship allah. However, there is only one God i.e God the father, who in his infinite kindness sent his only begotten son to die for me and you.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by jantman(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
@Myer

You know the answer to your question, but if you must know

All Muslim wants to worship God through the prophet Mohammed

All Christian wants to worship God in The Man Christ Jesus

But Islam does not lead to salvation

To answer your question; Here is
THE WORDS OF JESUS: to (Sadhu Sundar Singh)

The Disciple,—What is the meaning and purpose of the cross, and why do pain and suffering exist in the world?
The Master,— The cross is the key to heaven. At the moment when by My baptism I took
the cross upon My shoulders for the sake of sinners, heaven was opened, and by means of My thirty-three years bearing of the cross and by death upon it, heaven, which by reason of sin was closed to believers, was for ever opened to them.
Now as soon as believers take up their cross and follow Me they enter heaven through Me (John x.9) and begin the enjoyment of that unbounded bliss which the world cannot understand, for heaven is closed to unbelief. Hope and experience will teach the unbeliever that joy follows pain, but that that joy does not endure. But I give to My children ease in pain, and perfect happiness and peace.
Those who joyfully take up My cross are themselves upborne by it, and ever supported by that cross they enter heaven at last...
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Samfloxin(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Myer:

Christians worship The God and not gods. Allah by translation means The God.
allah is a small god

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Samfloxin:

allah is a small god

How we choose to spell god/God is dependent on the speller.lol Muslims spell their God as God just as Christians spell God as God.

It is only a Christian that would spell a Muslim God as small god. And vice versa.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Oyebaba10: 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2021

And Christianity leads to salvation?
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
jantman:
@Myer

You know the answer to your question, but if you must know?

All Muslim wants to worship God in their own way
All Christian wants to worship God in their own way

To answer your question; HERE IS THE WORDS OF JESUS: to (Sadhu Sundar Singh)

The Disciple,—What is the meaning and purpose of the cross, and why do pain and suffering exist in the world?
The Master,— The cross is the key to heaven. At the moment when by My baptism I took
the cross upon My shoulders for the sake of sinners, heaven was opened, and by means of My thirty-three years bearing of the cross and by death upon it, heaven, which by reason of sin was closed to believers, was for ever opened to them.
Now as soon as believers take up their cross and follow Me they enter heaven through Me (John x.9) and begin the enjoyment of that unbounded bliss which the world cannot understand, for heaven is closed to unbelief. Hope and experience will teach the unbeliever that joy follows pain, but that that joy does not endure. But I give to My children ease in pain, and perfect happiness and peace.
Those who joyfully take up My cross are themselves upborne by it, and ever supported by that cross they enter heaven at last...

Just as Christ said He is the only way to God. I believe Muslims also believe Muhammad is the way to God.
The question is that is this the same God or different Gods?
Bearing in mind that Jesus was a Jew yet some Christians say the God of the Jews is different from the Christian God.
Judaism, Christianity and Islam all share the same Father Abraham and other prophets. How then can they be serving different Gods?

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by ewelike98925: 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
The xtians worship yahweh, the muslims worship allah. However, there is only one God i.e God the father, who in his infinite kindness sent his only begotten son to die for me and you.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
ewelike98925:
How has that sacrifice differentiated you from a Muslim?
A lot of Muslims are even more christiane than Christians.
Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by Myer(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oyebaba10:

And Christianity leads to salvation?

Salvation is relative.
I guess to a Christian only hope of heaven is seen as salvation.
To a Muslim, submitting to God's will, being saved from sinful ways, spiritual attacks, having a successful life and the hope of heaven is salvation.

So a Muslim would tell you Islam leads to salvation.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? by jantman(m): 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
@Myer
If I will be honest with you. Christian and Muslim don't serve the same God.

Muslim wants to serve the one and only true God but their religion is a deception and doctrine of Satan. The foundation of Islam is faulty

I remember I came accross an article about the foundation of Islam. I was told that the father of the prophet Mohammed is known as Abdhalla who was worshiping a deity called (Allah)

Abdhallah was a slave of a deity, an Idol called (allah)
Abdhallah gave birth to a son named Mohammed who continue from his father legacy and became the founder of Islam.

Mohammed became very powerful and started conquering nations and when he does succeed over a nayion he will introduce Islam to the nations he has vaptured through war, that is how Islam spread all over middle east

From experience when a man worship Idols, even after his death, one of his sons must continue the father's legacy as a priest to this deity.

@Myer
I am an introvert and I think a lot and can write an article and explain it to you more better but i just have to answer you in a hurry

I hope you perceived what Islam is all about?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can You Curse What God Has Blessed? / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? / Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.