Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) (58137 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Buzx: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Grandmeister:

Indeed you’re open minded and open to learning. Unlike those who aren’t even science inclined in profession alluding pseudo enlightenment and knowledge to themselves. It takes a lot close mindedness to believe the perfect order and alignment of the universe from the great stars to the smallest ants in the soil came about from an unthinking, random, and totally lifeless explosion that could happen only once in a billion billion billion billion chance just ‘somehow’ jumpstarted a perfect, self sustaining universe and a living earth. How can non life birth life? How can something that can’t think give rise to beings and creatures that can think, that has emotions?

It's always fascinating to think about all these. The only way to understand bits of it is to have an open-mind. Life, reality, death, time, creation, and the universe are things we can never fully comprehend. We have a very limited knowledge; science can't explain everything. I mean, it's beyond our imagination and when I think about it, I get migraines. Indeed, all these things was as a result of something powerful. Science and religion are two sides of the same deep human impulse to understand the world. They don't override one another.

I'm glad there are like-minded people like you and others who can look at things from both the scientific and the supernatural perspective.

1 Like

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Cutiekatty: 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2021
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by zacks122: 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
!!!
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by martius101(m): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
Abeg I no understand science again ooooo....220m.....abeg wetin b the dinosaur leg...fire that melts rocks or rocks were mud then?...abi koyemi o
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Buzx: 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
Farki:

The Bible or really any religion is the biggest scam ever pulled that managed to deceive billions of people into thinking these irrational events and outright lies are actual things that happened.

If people can believe ridiculous coronavirus conspiracies made up on the spot in an age of information right at out fingertips it's easy to understand how people who didn't go past their local government for most of their lives could believe such tall tales, especially when threatened with death by the religious authorities.

That is to say you don't believe in the existence of things that you can't see. Open your mind. There are some questions you'll ask your self and you'll not doubt science, but you'll begin believe that there's more. I'm not about to change your perception of reality, but I'm trying to say you should look at things from both perspective; the physical and supernatural. If you only believe in one of both, and not both, you're limiting your horizon. The physical and supernatural are two sides of the same existence that continue to shake hands; they're not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Babaken(m): 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
Una think say we be MUMU
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by 400billionman: 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
When she grows up, she will be like inspector Fashola
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by ojialo(m): 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
wonderful so on rocks dinosaur footprint dey.
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Buzx:

You need to check how rocks are formed through volcanic eruption. (Igneous rock) I guess the dinosaur stepped on a cooling magma which later turned into a hard rock. It will be difficult for the footprint to erase. Like chicken stepping on a just cemented ground, there will be footprints.
You have a strong point here but I don't know which camp you belong to. Theism? Which I can explain the mechanism that can lead to what you propose. Atheism? Where you would just dismiss my explanation due to conflict of worldview, but would definitely find hard time explaining a mechanism for such hypothesis

MODIFIED
Haven gone through some of your posts, I see that you are not an atheist. Just that your worldview would still not be compatible with the mechanism I had in mind to explain the possible way the track could be made.
Looks like I'm not disappointed to see an intelligent mind who does not belong to the second camp.
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Farki:

Birds are technically dinosaurs
According to the STORY of evolution

1 Like

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 11:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Farki:

They calculated the age of the rocks to get the approximate date of when the print was made.

Meanwhile billions of people believe a 14 year old Israeli virgin became pregnant out of nowhere and rods can turn into snakes because a white man whipped their grandparents into believing it.

Until the assumptions used in radiometric dating is factually proven true, it still remain a controversial technique.

Master of Strawman, I hail thee
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 12:04am On Feb 01, 2021
1Sharon:

BS lol..Christianity pushes that the earth is 6000 yrs old, this article contradicts that
You need to understand worldview. Christianity believe that above (close to a minority) and others follow the trend.
Both camps have their scientific proof but the one who rules the media would definitely win.
Just one event solves virtually all the problems associated with young age but that event is dismissed a priori by the other group. If they could dismiss it, then they can attack the young agers.
On the other hand, the long agers have many evidence on their favor as many evidence against them.
So it's not about science, it's a war of worldview. The earlier folks recognize it, the better it'll be
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Farki: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2021
Buzx:

That is to say you don't believe in the existence of things that you can't see. Open your mind. There are some questions you'll ask your self and you'll not doubt science, but you'll begin believe that there's more. I'm not about to change your perception of reality, but I'm trying to say you should look at things from both perspective; the physical and supernatural. If you only believe in one of both, and not both, you're limiting your horizon. The physical and supernatural are two sides of the same existence that continue to shake hands; they're not mutually exclusive.

I can't see radio waves or viruses but we can demonstrate that they exist.

However I am yet to see someone turn a rod into a snake for the world to see. I am also yet to see a fat old man drop into my house and give me presents on 25th December.
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Farki: 12:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Pelecius:

According to the STORY of evolution

Better than the two different creation stories ripped from Babylonian religions about talking snakes and magical fruit.
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2021
Farki:

Better than the two different creation stories ripped from Babylonian religions about talking snakes and magical fruit.
Here we go again.
1. It is not two creation stories. It is one general and one specific.
2. No evidence that it was plagiarized. There is pyramid in Egypt and other parts of the world suck as Sudan, Mexico, Peru. Who copied themselves?

The last part is a strawman again. I'm not surprised
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Farki: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2021
Image123:

Wonderful, very good. So you are saying that we do not have evidence for simple rock formation processes. Wow, this must be an eureka moment really. There is no evidence for rock formation processes. But you somehow have evidence that this mark is a footprint of a dinosaur that ate insects. How do you know that it is not it's poo-poo? We can approximate that it was its poo-poo or bite-mark when it was about dying, no?

You aren't even making sense, if you are too dumb to grasp how something as simple as footprints work then just end it here.

I don't blame you though, Nigerian education put more emphasis on stories of how water turns into wine instead of teaching geography.

This would be the good place to start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuSmxJo_iA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Buzx: 12:25am On Feb 01, 2021
Pelecius:

You have a strong point here but I don't know which camp you belong to. Theism? Which I can explain the mechanism that can lead to what you propose. Atheism? Where you would just dismiss my explanation due to conflict of worldview, but would definitely find hard time explaining a mechanism for such hypothesis

MODIFIED
Haven gone through some of your posts, I see that you are not an atheist. Just that your worldview would still not be compatible with the mechanism I had in mind to explain the possible way the track could be made.
Looks like I'm not disappointed to see an intelligent mind who does not belong to the second camp.

I'm very interested to know your view of how that track could have been made. My worldview doesn't really matter as I like to see things from different angles.
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Farki: 12:28am On Feb 01, 2021
Pelecius:

Here we go again.
1. It is not two creation stories. It is one general and one specific.
2. No evidence that it was plagiarized. There is pyramid in Egypt and other parts of the world suck as Sudan, Mexico, Peru. Who copied themselves?

The last part is a strawman again. I'm not surprised

You mean the one where God can't decide which days were what?

The creation story is literally ripped from ancient Babylonian religion. Most of genesis is a copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 12:39am On Feb 01, 2021
Buzx:

I'm very interested to know your view of how that track could have been made. My worldview doesn't really matter as I like to things from different angles.
Short answer: The great flood.
From the text, it is clear that it is a huge catastrophic event with huge tsunamis and volcanic eruption (breaking forth of the fountains of the deep), which will results to evaporation and then, rain (40 days rain).
The first part will definitely see volcanic eruption but the hot magma will be cooled rapidly with the huge wave of tsunami in different parts of the ocean, which would send water out. There are rocks which have unusual bent formations at their top which suggest that they were cooled rapidly and further hardened.
Panicking animals would run for their lives and with the water rising, they won't know when they would run across a cooling magma since adrenaline would kick in.
My explanation is definitely not exhaustive, (my auto correct is frustrating me). I would stop here for now.
I would love to see if you have an alternative explanation
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by iamimohtal(m): 12:46am On Feb 01, 2021
josh123:
dinosaurs are such a magnificent creatures, I wish they were not extinct
So you go kill am chop abi ? grin
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by slysteel: 12:49am On Feb 01, 2021
obonujoker:
Lol... See another lie cheesy
Illiterate
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 12:52am On Feb 01, 2021
Farki:

You mean the one where God can't decide which days were what?

The creation story is literally ripped from ancient Babylonian religion. Most of genesis is a copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh.
Believe what you want. I told you already that one is general and the other is specific (on Adam).

Your fanciful wish. I asked a question regarding your claim and you wisely ignored it (i believe you're smart and music have seen where I'm going with it).
You should ad truth to your smartness. But what's true in an atheistic world? That's another problem
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Buzx: 12:54am On Feb 01, 2021
Farki:

However I am yet to see someone turn a rod into a snake for the world to see. I am also yet to see a fat old man drop into my house and give me presents on 25th December.

You're looking for facts, I see. And the reason you believe radio waves is because you can prove they exist with scientific instruments and calculations. I'm sorry, the other side doesn't work that way. I don't know how to explain this because the laws are just different. You'll probably think about it when you have a personal encounter you can't explain. But before then, I want you to stop dwelling on these, "I'm yet to see." Or, "I'm yet to experience." And ask yourself questions and be open-minded. The more you know, the more you know you don't know. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 1:04am On Feb 01, 2021
Buzx:

You're looking for facts, I see. And the reason you believe radio waves is because you can prove they exist with scientific instruments and calculations. I'm sorry, the other side doesn't work that way. I don't know how to explain this, but the laws are just different. You'll probably think about it when you have a personal encounter you can't explain. But before then, I want you to stop dwelling on these, "I'm yet to see." Or, "I'm yet to experience." And ask yourself questions and be open-minded. The more you know, the more you know you don't know. Cheers!

"when you have a personal encounter you can't explain"
This just explains it well.
Searching for answers got me that. Now, a personal ecounter is stronger than anything anyone will say.
Take a man who claims to see a tiger in the bush in Nigeria, I'll be the first to tell him that he's lying. Because I have a (limited) knowledge that there are no tigers in Africa, not to talk of Nigeria. But if one of the tigers is being introduced by conservationists and he truly saw one, he'll hold on to what he saw while skeptics like me may even call him names.

So personal ecounter is what many needs. (Of Saul can change camp, who wouldn't?)
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2021
Farki:

I have no issues as to whether you choose to believe in God or not. But why do the majority of you Nigerian atheists always find a way to drag Christianity into your convo?
Buddhism has the largest population of adherents worldwide, followed by Hinduism. Even in Nigeria, Christianity and Islam is 50:50, so why do you guys poke MAINLY at Christians?
Could it be because you were once a Christian?
Or that the Christian God especially annoys you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Buzx: 1:16am On Feb 01, 2021
Pelecius:

Short answer: The great flood.
From the text, it is clear that it is a huge catastrophic event with huge tsunamis and volcanic eruption (breaking forth of the fountains of the deep), which will results to evaporation and then, rain (40 days rain).
The first part will definitely see volcanic eruption but the hot magma will be cooled rapidly with the huge wave of tsunami in different parts of the ocean, which would send water out. There are rocks which have unusual bent formations at their top which suggest that they were cooled rapidly and further hardened.
Panicking animals would run for their lives and with the water rising, they won't know when they would run across a cooling magma since adrenaline would kick in.
My explanation is definitely not exhaustive, (my auto correct is frustrating me). I would stop here for now.
I would love to see if you have an alternative explanation

Your explanation is quite interesting and it is another perspective. Your first paragraph could have definitely happened, but I think it should be a separate event from this particular one. From your last paragraph, you arrived at my initial answer about cooling magma, which makes our explanation similar.

Now, about that cooling magma, no one knows for sure how it was cooled. It could have cooled gradually, on it's own or cooled by wind, rain, or the ocean, no one knows. The great flood definitely happened, but I don't think it should be tied to this event, as till today, volcanos still erupts and magma cools, and attempts to leave footprints will be successful.

1 Like

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Lightorder: 1:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Deicide:
You blind?
don’t mind the ignorant men everywhere
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 1:18am On Feb 01, 2021
Chii59:

I have no issues as to whether you choose to believe in God or not. But why do the majority of you Nigerian atheists always find a way to drag Christianity into your convo?
Buddhism has the largest population of adherents worldwide, followed by Hinduism. Even in Nigeria, Christianity and Islam is 50:50, so why do you guys poke MAINLY at Christians?
Could it be because you were once a Christian?
Or that the Christian God especially annoys you?
They are following the bandwagon, I believe. Atheism in the west has been Christianity's 'rival' for a long time. This is passed down from generation to generation.
Our darling Nigerian wannabe atheist have nothing to come up with on their own. They learn about atheism online and popular media, hence they 'inherit' the anti-Christian agenda from what the read and watch.
All their lines are the same.

1 Like

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 01, 2021
Pelecius:

They are following the bandwagon, I believe. Atheism in the west has been Christianity's 'rival' for a long time. This is passed down from generation to generation.
Our darling Nigerian wannabe atheist have nothing to come up with on their own. They learn about atheism online and popular media, hence they 'inherit' the anti-Christian agenda from what the read and watch.
All their lines are the same.
I believe in the freedom of belief or the absence thereof. But what I don't understand is why anytime an atheist, especially a Nigerian atheist wants to throw jibes at religion 80% of the time, whether on Nairaland or on any other platform, they find a way to drag Christianity or Jesus into the diatribe.
Like, what did Christianity/Jesus do to you? I see some of them, very violent atheists, I simply ignore them. Someone told me years ago "the opposite of love is not hatred, it is indifference." Throwing insults consistently at a God you say doesn't exist speaks volumes.
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Buzx: 1:25am On Feb 01, 2021
Pelecius:

"when you have a personal encounter you can't explain"
This just explains it well.
Searching for answers got me that. Now, a personal ecounter is stronger than anything anyone will say.
Take a man who claims to see a tiger in the bush in Nigeria, I'll be the first to tell him that he's lying. Because I have a (limited) knowledge that there are no tigers in Africa, not to talk of Nigeria. But if one of the tigers is being introduced by conservationists and he truly saw one, he'll hold on to what he saw while skeptics like me may even call him names.

So personal ecounter is what many needs. (Of Saul can change camp, who wouldn't?)

Yes, indeed, personal encounter. And some didn't even need to have that. Unfortunately, some might never have this personal experience, life is too short, sadly.

1 Like

Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 1:33am On Feb 01, 2021
Buzx:

Your explanation is quite interesting and it is another perspective. Your first paragraph could have definitely happened, but I think it should be a separate event from this particular one. From your last paragraph, you arrived at my initial answer about cooling magma, which makes our explanation similar.

Now, about that cooling magma, no one knows for sure how it was cooled. It could have cooled gradually, on it's own or cooled by wind, rain, or the ocean, no one knows. The great flood definitely happened, but I don't think it should be tied to this event, as till today, volcanos still erupts and magma cools, and attempts to leave footprints will be successful.
Thank you for your kind words

Why I propose the flood are:
1. rising water would cover hot magma so that animals can run on it
2. Ordinarily, no living organism would move towards a magma even if it is cooling already, but the can move towards it if it has been covered with water.
3. There are other tracks of Dino that have been found which lead to were they eventually died. This suggest that they were fleeing from something (adding credence to catastrophic events surrounding the early period of the flood) the tracks must have been covered quickly to be preserved.

These are few of the reasons I used the flood event to try explain the formation.

I'm not disputing your last statement anyway, I just feel that the heat from the magma won't get any animal to come close naturally, not to talk of leaving that type of print on it (for such small animal)
But who knows? It's just guesses. Lol. No one was there to witness it cheesy
Re: 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) by Pelecius: 1:36am On Feb 01, 2021
Chii59:

I believe in the freedom of belief or the absence thereof. But what I don't understand is why anytime an atheist, especially a Nigerian atheist wants to throw jibes at religion 80% of the time, whether on Nairaland or on any other platform, they find a way to drag Christianity or Jesus into the diatribe.
Like, what did Christianity/Jesus do to you? I see some of them, very violent atheists, I simply ignore them. Someone told me years ago "the opposite of love is not hatred, it is indifference." Throwing insults consistently at a God you say doesn't exist speaks volumes.
The last line is so funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snakes And Scorpions On Project Site / Woman Wakes To Find This Huge Python On Her Bed In London (Photos) / Italian Coastguard Trying To Free A Whale From A Net Trap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.