Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) (49938 Views)

Favour Oladele: Prophet, Owolabi Sentenced To Death Over Murder Of LASU Student / Favour Daley-Oladele: Boyfriend, Adeeko Owolabi Confesses On How He Killed Her / Favour Daley-Oladele Murder: Adeeko Owolabi, Pastor Segun Philip Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2021
Men of the Ogun State Police Command have killed a suspected cultist, Owolabi Oludipe, aka Somori.

Oludipe was shot dead on Sunday while he and his gang allegedly engaged policemen from the Odogbolu division in a gun battle.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this on Monday.

Oyeyemi said the suspect, who had been on the wanted list of the command, was sighted at the Ita-Ado area of Odogbolu, where he and his fellow Aiye cult members were planning another attack.

He added that a call was made to the Odogbolu Divisional Police Officer, who mobilised his men and moved to the scene.

The PPRO said, “On seeing the policemen, the gang engaged them in a shootout, consequent upon which their leader, Somori, was shot and injured, while others escaped into a bush with their weapons.

“The shot suspect was quickly taken to a hospital, but died while receiving treatment. The deceased had been on the wanted list of the command in connection with the killings of Runsewe Segun, a civil defence officer who was murdered in cold blood on November 4, 2020, and one Sunday Kayode Adegbuyi, who was killed on February 16, 2020.

“He was also responsible for the killing of a rival Eiye cult leader, Shoyombo Sanyaolu Fakoya, on November 11, 2020, during a supremacy battle between the two groups.

“He confessed to all the killings on the hospital bed before he gave up the ghost. Recovered from him were assorted charms, which he wore on his body; two live cartridges and a mobile phone.”

Oyeyemi recalled that another notorious serial killer terrorising ijebu-Ode and its environs was neutralised by operatives early last month in a similar circumstance.

He said the state Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, who commended his men for their gallantry, ordered that efforts should be intensified to apprehend fleeing members of Oludipe’s gang.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/police-kill-suspected-cultist-in-gun-duel/%3famp=1

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by Lifeisgoody: 10:02am On Feb 02, 2021
Good news

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by Fahdiga1: 10:06am On Feb 02, 2021
I don't know between the northeast and southwest which is the most dangerous place in Nigeria right now. every news emanating from the west is bad news of killings here and there. they have my pity

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by tyup(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2021
shocked

There's no day you hit Nairaland up without seeing atleast 5 different cases of murder, attacks n homicide all in the South but the once Boko Haram attack the North is usually seen as the African Afghanistan and south the African Europe

anyways we'd keep watching them in 3D

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2021
So all the charms and the useless Korofo Aiyes worship couldn't save the cone headed m0ron?

May the host of hell, torment your soul.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by Jesse6(m): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2021
As him dey mk people go rest
him too mk him go rest

3 Likes

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2021
Do not do to others, what you do not want to be done to you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by davillian(m): 11:17am On Feb 02, 2021
“The shot suspect was quickly taken to a hospital, but died while receiving treatment.
grin I laugh

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2021
Good Night BHL lipsrsealed

Say no to Cultism

2 Likes

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by drake49(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2021
tyup:
shocked

There's no day you hit Nairaland up without seeing atleast 5 different cases of murder, attacks n homicide all in the South but the once Boko Haram attack the North is usually seen as the African Afghanistan and south the African Europe

anyways we'd keep watching them in 3D
you are a mumu man

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by davodyguy: 11:19am On Feb 02, 2021
Good one
Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:19am On Feb 02, 2021
Oyeyemi said the suspect, who had been on the wanted list of the command, was sighted at the Ita-Ado area of Odogbolu, where he and his fellow Aiye cult members were planning another attack.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by iHart(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2021
I wish he didn't die so he can reveal his gang members

1 Like

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by helinues: 11:19am On Feb 02, 2021
Better

Good riddance to bad rubbish.....

3 Likes

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by GreaterFuture3: 11:19am On Feb 02, 2021
I like Ogun State, the weather, the Soil, the Atmosphere, Climate and some other environmental things like that and the vibes it gives but I don't like the People especially in the Rural areas. Those indigenes are something else.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by DSC7: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2021
Rest in pieces......
One less Criminal to worry about.......

5 Likes

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2021
Say no to crime, it kills you before your time.

For all armed robbers reading this comment, please we beg you, STOP now, tomorrow maybe too late.

Thank you!

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by Whiteshield: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2021
Fahdiga1:
I don't know between the northeast and southwest which is the most dangerous place in Nigeria right now. every news emanating from the west is bad news of killings here and there. they have my pity

Liked by Orlu, Oyigbo and 99 others.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by mozona(m): 11:20am On Feb 02, 2021
hmm
Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by chatinent: 11:21am On Feb 02, 2021
Jax leave am run.
Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by Bennysam: 11:21am On Feb 02, 2021
I’m not surprised they’re all useless
Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by seunlayi(m): 11:21am On Feb 02, 2021
At last
Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by ursullalinda(f): 11:21am On Feb 02, 2021
Young guy wasted just like that......I just pity the family that rejoiced at his birth........not knowing it was a wasted sperm.......he can continue with his cult activities in the great beyond.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by theFilmtric: 11:21am On Feb 02, 2021
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13081972_unseriousthread_jpega426f20546b621d3a047d87b0aa564ae

JidennaJason:

Two good for nothing Aiyes members spotted.
I just pity your future

theFilmtricsay

1 Like

Re: Owolabi Oludipe 'Somori' Shot Dead In Ogun (Photo) by dayleke: 11:21am On Feb 02, 2021
Are they sure?

"......while others escaped into a bush with their weapons."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyadonga, BYCAS Lecturer Caught Raping 6-Year-Old Girl In Bayelsa. Photos / 71-year-old Dies After Marathon Sex With Woman / Man Stabs Wife To Death For Refusing To Register Her New Car In His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.