Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? (33842 Views)

What Is The Opposite Of "I Am Short Of Words" / What Is The Opposite Of Postponement / All English Language Students And Masterminds. The Opposite Of Sorry Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by donMIG(m): 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Synonymous - opposite

Na too much sidown for house dei cos weitin dei worry u
Ur brain don freeze... Guilty as well... But ur own sha.... I bow!!!
SENIOR MAN
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by archipelago: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
It is the opposite of the opposite word.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hahaha opposite is another word for antonym and the opposite for antonym is synonym
Billyonaire666:

Haha

It is tempting to assume 'synonym' is the answer, you tried but the answer is 'Supposite'.

The opposite of 'opposite' is 'supposite'.

QED
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by lushak(m): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Everybody go here am here for this topic hand. Op, honestly ur brain dey go anticlockwise. How on earth u go unearth this kind of topic. Anyway, let me keep reading inorder to know the answer from grammarians in de house...
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Minjim: 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
vikinatius:

MR LECTURER, I HAVE POSTED THE ANSWER. IT IS "PROPOSITE".

OPPOSE-PROPOSE
OPPOSITE-PROPOSITE.

A guy can propose to a girl and the girl can oppose his proposal.

STOP ANALYSING RUBBISH!.

You don't know jack.

English language is a very contextual and adaptive language.
The context of the word you provided can't be generalized.

By the way, what the heck is PROPOSITE?

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
paulolee:
its unopposite......dnt thank me

grin I concur! I thought Dis-Opposite! grin
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
wozsteve:
The opposite of opposite is synonym
d opposite of opposite is SIMILAR
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by prof48: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
On a very serious note, what is the opposite of the word “Opposite”?
Other side
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by pooozeee(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2021

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Tanyogo(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sofistcatdmoron:
If it's not opposite then it's synonyms

How about Antonym?
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by GODHONORME(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
I think "Same" is correct. Let take this for example when we say Opposite Sex (Male x female) and vice versa "Same Sex" (Male x Male or female x female)
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Ezechimma(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:

Similar
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by DigitB: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
"Apposite" I think
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by wiseword316(m): 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
I think the opposite of opposite is oppo phone.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Maximus85(m): 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Word narrrr
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by vikinatius(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Minjim:

You don't know jack.

English language is a very contextual and adaptive language.
The context of the word you provided can't be generalized.

By the way, what the heck is PROPOSITE?

What you fail to know and understand is that the so called dictionary you just relied on has complications that you belief because of lack of value for your own.
Go and check, there are words that were removed from the dictionary and replaced.
But wait a second, be truthful.
IS MY ANSWER NOT CONVINCING, INTERESTING WHEN PRONOUNCED, LOVELY AND GOOD?

You don't value what you have naturally.
You are waiting for JOE BIDEN or a SCHOLAR to use it before you laud it.

To crown it all, it is 100% logical and non lexical.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Minjim: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
vikinatius:

What you fail to know and understand is that the so called dictionary you just relied on has complications that you belief because of lack of value for your own.
Go and check, there are words that were removed from the dictionary and replaced.
But wait a second, be truthful.
IS MY ANSWER NOT CONVINCING, INTERESTING WHEN PRONOUNCED, LOVELY AND GOOD?

You don't value what you have naturally.
You are waiting for JOE BIDEN or a SCHOLAR to use it before you laud it.

To crown it all, it is 100% logical and non lexical.

I should rely on the absurdity you pulled out of your butt because English is your language and you're the standard.
Sorry, I forgot that's how it works for you.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Minjim: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
Numero9:
Grammarians, this is for you o. Me kukuma no dey blow grammar.

The opposite is contextual.
If used as an Adj it's synonymous to other and as such, it's opposite can be same.
Just check this : opposite sex/ same-sex.

It all depends on the usage and context
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by bellenornor(f): 11:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
Numero9:
Grammarians, this is for you o. Me kukuma no dey blow grammar.
Antonym. Synonym
Opposite. Similar/same
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Kayberg: 2:29am On Feb 04, 2021
It's Similar now…
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by vikinatius(m): 6:36am On Feb 04, 2021
Minjim:

I should rely on the absurdity you pulled out of your butt because English is your language and you're the standard.
Sorry, I forgot that's how it works for you.

Absorb your apology in one of your enzymes to enable you accept good things.
It's so unfortunate you are limited to what you know.
I wish you quick recovery.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by God200(m): 8:35am On Feb 04, 2021
The opposite of word opposite is 'SAME'
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by kkins25(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Haha

It is tempting to assume 'synonym' is the answer, you tried but the answer is 'Supposite'.

The opposite of 'opposite' is 'supposite'.

QED
We have unfinished business, billyonaire. I must confess, it is good to have you back. before you deactivated your first moniker, you were in a discussion with sarassin concerning the identities of yhwh and allah. if you could, kinldy direct me to sources where i could read for myself or better- kinldy start a thread. thanks in advance. an old buddy
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:49am On Feb 04, 2021
Tanyogo:

How about Antonym?
Means opposite in meaning
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by teeshet: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
prettyvirgin:
Your foolishness is beyond measure. Look at the long article you composed and yet u failed. The answer is similar, synonyms, thesame, etc...
babygirl whats up
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by Leonifeanyi: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
Na only u go school jare... lolsss
444croopy:
Opposite = etisoppo
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word 'Opposite'? by harkintem(m): 8:48am On Jun 09, 2021
Identical

See Riddle The Gods Of Wisdom Couldn't Answer(can You?) / Delta State Teacher Slumps & Dies While Discharging Her Duty In A Police Station / SSANU, NASU Suspend Strike After Meeting With Education Minister