Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) (53578 Views)

The Crazy In-laws - Mr Macaroni, Chioma Akpotha, Londoner, Olumide Oworu / Omo Ghetto Released In Dubai Cinemas / ‘Omo Ghetto: The Saga’ - Funke Akindele Returns To Street (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Femeto: 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Cinemas done open?
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by annyverse: 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Backpain? ask me on how to prevent it

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by SoImus: 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
Chai I must watch this movie
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Seyzcham91(m): 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
you no lie grin
Kriss216:
Nollywood can call big big money every time yet nothing come out.

One of their members, Emeka Ani is lying in the hospital soliciting for funds.

Just saying sha.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Carlyboi(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Eillyeillz:

Sent in my reply before seeing yours. Was just telling him christopher nolan is the kind of mind fvcks.

No doubt he’s an extremely brilliant filmmaker even though he does loads of sci-fi which is not one of my fave genres but I still admire the quality and the brilliance the creativity he brought into the fore!he is up there really!he would make Top 10 ever as far as filmmakers are concerned.The Dark Knight is my Fave movies of his tho Heath ledger gave one of the best performance I have ever seen in a movie in that movie the Mad ass Joker!
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by femi4: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
manuelfolarin:
Yoruba people are the best in Nigeria when it comes to entertainment aswear!
Even those highly rated movie makers from the east couldn't achieve this feat
Those ones aren't professional film makers

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
Her money her life. I hope when government come in to tax them there shouldn't be any more stories from the actors and actresses. Good cashout
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by shiki(m): 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
ForeThinker:
More blessings dear

Tell me more about it ...
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Princessbettyj(f): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Same here. I just hope it is worth the hype coz I wouldn't want to waste my time.

More success on her career

Me too���
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Kingrefreshed: 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Priscy01:
Nollywood actress Chioma Akpotha has rejoiced as Funke Akindele’s Omo Ghetto (The Saga) crosses N500 million mark in box office, Igbere TV reports.

Being the first Nollywood movie to cross the mark, Chioma shared a video of herself dancing in an Instagram post on Tuesday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzgF3MlKiw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

According to a report by Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN), the movie which has maintained the number one spot for six weeks in a row, has broken Nollywood’s box office record with a cum revenue of N501,449,050.

The movie which was released in cinemas on Christmas Day December 25, 2020 has also broken the four-year record as highest-grossing Nollywood movie of all time formerly held by Kemi Adetiba’s The Wedding Party.

Eniola Badmus who also stars in the movie has demanded respect from her fans and followers as their movie has broken records.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKyaCDGj4Ne/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Omo Ghetto (The Saga) made history when it became the first Nigerian movie to premiere in the United Arab Emirates on January 21.

Funke who produced and co-directed the film played the dual role of Ayomide and Lefty.

She starred alongside Chioma Akpotha, Bimbo Thomas, Eniola Badmus, Deyemi Okanlawon, Zubby Michael, Mercy Aigbe, Timini Egbuson, Alex Ekubo among others.

The prequel Omo Ghetto was released in 2010 starring Funke Akindele, Rachel Oniga, Taiwo Hassan, Yinka Quadri, and Eniola Badmus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbyvQKpNY54

I thought Genevieve LION HEART got about a billion Naira and was streamed on Netflix too.

How come 500,000 million come become the biggest.

Naija my Country

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by nkiliuzo(m): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:
Its nice for a start but I am tired of Nigerian movies that focus on love, fake living, dry jokes and all.. Cant they invest money or partner with a movie producer abroad to make a movie that makes headlines worldwide..

No disrespect, we are actually trying but lets do better movies that cannot be predicted..
If you've watched the 2020 Action Thriller movie TENET one question you'll ask yourself is, How did a human being on earth sit down to think of such a movie.. Its pure genius! And you can never predict such movies.. That particular movie began at the end and gradually narrowed to the beginning!
bros I watch that movie but I didn't understand it all... they hype for such a confusing movie is over exaggerated

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
The5DME:

That's one hell of a movie I watched, but I did not understand. They just kept reversing again and again.
That movie is for people with high IQ
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
Princessbettyj:

Me too���
Hey! flatty tits cheesy
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by stano2(m): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kingrefreshed:

I thought Genevieve LION HEART got about a billion Naira and was streamed on Netflix too.

How come 500,000 million come become the biggest.

Naija my Country
it's a different case, Cinema and Netflix Acquisition

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by stano2(m): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
They movie was worth it
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by mmadu4: 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
Wow. The movie worth it sha
Nollywood, the future is bright

is bright because the old actors and actress were in it . the new actors are trash

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by mfoniso67157: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2021
Chai I must watch this movie
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by jaxxy(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
Even in covid19? Ok now

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
manuelfolarin:
Yoruba people are the best in Nigeria when it comes to entertainment aswear!
Even those highly rated movie makers from the east couldn't achieve this feat

No be by noise, we all know the pacesetters.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by parkervero(m): 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
The5DME:

That's one hell of a movie I watched, but I did not understand. They just kept reversing again and again.
I thought I was only one, I watched the so call TENET I couldn't wrap my head round the whole scene in the movie.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by gaventa: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
Slave always seeing yourself in the lens of your slave master. Self hate. You can’t just be happy with yourself in life. Always exhibiting the low self esteem characters. Wake up
sunkieisland:
In some other climes, other movies gross more than 1billion dollars.

When are we going to achieve box office dominance in dollars?

Anyho

Congratulations to the producers - JJSSkillz and Funke
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Armaggedon: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
When you lots are done in your dreamworld you are always free to come back to reality. The cinema sector seems to be the noisiest part of Nigeria movie industry. Very poor storytellers and overtly mechanical acting, presented in HD. When I see a good nollywood movie I know, not some overhyped piece of crap.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by sunkieisland(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
gaventa:
Slave always seeing yourself in the lens of your slave master. Self hate. You can’t just be happy with yourself in life. Always exhibiting the low self esteem characters. Wake up

nawa for your perspective sha.

seeing something good has now made me a slave and under a slave master...... grin grin grin grin grin

I made a general comment and congratulated the producers and you are this "pained". Maybe you were part of the production crew to be this petty. Someone reasonable would have said, we are getting there someday, not to begin to attack a generally known fact in someone's comment.

sad
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Chronicgenius: 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:
Its nice for a start but I am tired of Nigerian movies that focus on love, fake living, dry jokes and all.. Cant they invest money or partner with a movie producer abroad to make a movie that makes headlines worldwide..

No disrespect, we are actually trying but lets do better movies that cannot be predicted..
If you've watched the 2020 Action Thriller movie TENET one question you'll ask yourself is, How did a human being on earth sit down to think of such a movie.. Its pure genius! And you can never predict such movies.. That particular movie began at the end and gradually narrowed to the beginning!

Chris Nolan is one hell of a writer!...All of his films are bangers!
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by gaventa: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Uncle your first paragraph was about criticism, your second was focused on asking questions why we can’t achieve a feat , you finished with congratulations so you won’t be seen as a hater. We sabi all this scope bros. Take a stand and don’t be an hypocrite. That movie has set a record , if you had good intentions you would have cheered the producers up and tell them
They can do more and better not by criticizing them or asking when they will
Be able to surpass others. Wake up once again
sunkieisland:

nawa for your perspective sha.

seeing something good has now made me a slave and under a slave master...... grin grin grin grin grin

I made a general comment and congratulated the producers and you are this "pained". Maybe you were part of the production crew to be this petty. Someone reasonable would have said, we are getting there someday, not to begin to attack a generally known fact in someone's comment.

sad
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by The5DME(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
[[s]quote author=lkillbrokehoes post=98704795]That movie is for people with high IQ[/quote][/s] your opa.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by 2shaw: 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
Abegi. Useless boring sitcoms. Id rater watch motion video movies than naija boring sitcoms. Useless boring dumb movies,more much talk with no actionbat all and bogus false living on tv. Abegi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / Fztvseries / Mobiletvshows – Best Free Site To Download Mobile TV Series / Tonto Dikeh Plays Tomatoes And Garri Seller In New Movie ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.