Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) (53580 Views)

The Crazy In-laws - Mr Macaroni, Chioma Akpotha, Londoner, Olumide Oworu / Omo Ghetto Released In Dubai Cinemas / ‘Omo Ghetto: The Saga’ - Funke Akindele Returns To Street (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Chronicgenius: 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
Carlyboi:

Well that’s Christopher Nolan for you he’s one of the best filmmakers/director of all time have you seen interstellar?he made the The Dark Knight which is one of my fave Movies of all time.
Check out inception and memento seems similar to Tenet Cos the movie began at the end lol..I would try and check out Tenet it stars one of Denzel Son’s I think the one in Blackklansman!

Inception hits me every time!

Interstellar?...Don't even go there

Chris Nolan is a genius.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Coldie(m): 4:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:
Its nice for a start but I am tired of Nigerian movies that focus on love, fake living, dry jokes and all.. Cant they invest money or partner with a movie producer abroad to make a movie that makes headlines worldwide..

No disrespect, we are actually trying but lets do better movies that cannot be predicted..
If you've watched the 2020 Action Thriller movie TENET one question you'll ask yourself is, How did a human being on earth sit down to think of such a movie.. Its pure genius! And you can never predict such movies.. That particular movie began at the end and gradually narrowed to the beginning!
Shut up.

Nigerians are setting the pace for alot of others in the African continent and u are here saying this

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by SweetCunt97(f): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
The5DME:

That's one hell of a movie I watched, but I did not understand. They just kept reversing again and again.
one need to b intelligent to understand

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Eillyeillz(m): 4:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
Carlyboi:

No doubt he’s an extremely brilliant filmmaker even though he does loads of sci-fi which is not one of my fave genres but I still admire the quality and the brilliance the creativity he brought into the fore!he is up there really!he would make Top 10 ever as far as filmmakers are concerned.The Dark Knight is my Fave movies of his tho Heath ledger gave one of the best performance I have ever seen in a movie in that movie the Mad ass Joker!

Inception was it for me. Before Tenet came along. Really not a bat man fan.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by ofiko123(m): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Congratulations to Funke Akindele.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Carlyboi(m): 4:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=Eillyeillz post=98707361]

Inception was it for me. Before Tenet came along. Really not a bat man fan.[/quote

Not a big fan of superhero movies like that tho but the The Dark Knight(Batman)is a really great movies it’s rated highly it’s a classic!heath ledger’s award for best supporting actor was the first time the Oscar was awarded to an actor in that genre/sub category...I prefer interstellar to inception btw memento is cool too
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
You sure say I no go join cinematic movies so?gringrin.
I can walk very well, even sales boy e no hard. What of goon I fit do am well oogringrin
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Carlyboi(m): 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Chronicgenius:

Inception hits me every time!

Interstellar?...Don't even go there

Chris Nolan is a genius.

My fave filmmakers/directors are as follows Martin Scorsese I love his movies Francis Ford Coppola simply for The Godfather,Steven Spielberg,Christopher Nolan,Cohen Brothers,Ridley Scott,James Cameron is great he Made 3 of the highest grossing movies of all time in Avatar,Titatnic and Terminator...Tho I’m not an Avatar fan but I think titanic is one of greatest movies ever made and Terminator is as intense as it gets!
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Oshokalo: 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
she will be very happy she is part of history,kudos to funke akindele the woman with the brain
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Toks2008(m): 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kriss216:
Nollywood can call big big money every time yet nothing come out.

One of their members, Emeka Ani is lying in the hospital soliciting for funds.

Just saying sha.

The thing weak me o.

I love Funke Akindele with a passion so I wish she crosses N1B

And I know she has a good heart so I'm optimistic that she will most likely do whatever she can to help.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Ifybwoy7: 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:
Its nice for a start but I am tired of Nigerian movies that focus on love, fake living, dry jokes and all.. Cant they invest money or partner with a movie producer abroad to make a movie that makes headlines worldwide..

No disrespect, we are actually trying but lets do better movies that cannot be predicted..
If you've watched the 2020 Action Thriller movie TENET one question you'll ask yourself is, How did a human being on earth sit down to think of such a movie.. Its pure genius! And you can never predict such movies.. That particular movie began at the end and gradually narrowed to the beginning!
the funny thing is that we have lot of storyline that we can tap into. for example lets do a good movie about a brave soldier who died in a battle fighting boko haram. and we can get a good director and amazing script to back it up. after that we present it to the world and see if it doesn't get a better reception than omo ghetto and the rest.

lol because b4 Nigeria can do a movie like tenet ehn, e far
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by MummyD2020(f): 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=pepperdemzombie post=98700120]
They are not the cause of anybody's problems. The sick actors were also there, what did they invest in to sit upon when roles are no longer coming. When fame comes, they buy cars and flaunt, if you comment, they will term you "broke ".
Do you know Wizkid, Naira Marley' s investments?
Secondly, people tag them as prostitutes, so they should work as prostitutes and dashing out the monies? That's why most of the females don't give. You call them printed names then ask them

Jeez, this is blunt!!
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Flamemignon1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
sunkieisland:
In some other climes, other movies gross more than 1billion dollars.

When are we going to achieve box office dominance in dollars?

Anyho

Congratulations to the producers - JJSSkillz and Funke
Calm down man. We are still in the silver age of nollywood. Hollywood started small too, appreciate the present and hope better for the future
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
The5DME:
[[s]quote author=lkillbrokehoes post=98704795]That movie is for people with high IQ[/s] your opa.
Unfortunately you have a low IQ, go and sharpen your brain bro, no offense
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
People still dey watch nollywood undecided
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by TemmyT002(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
Yoruba to the world

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Rossycee(f): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:

That movie sha.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by DammieSOG: 11:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

They are not the cause of anybody's problems. The sick actors were also there, what did they invest in to sit upon when roles are no longer coming. When fame comes, they buy cars and flaunt, if you comment, they will term you "broke ".
Do you know Wizkid, Naira Marley' s investments?
Secondly, people tag them as prostitutes, so they should work as prostitutes and dashing out the monies? That's why most of the females don't give. You call them printed names then ask them for money?

gbenu dake
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Princessbettyj(f): 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Hey! flatty tits cheesy

Lol hello
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by MSGAMBLE9: 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
SmartPolician:

Huncle, calm down.

The human mind thinks almost alike.

If you watch films very well, you will predict the end of every movie

Ask movie freaks.

To the news: I must commend Nigerians who shoot cinema-worthy films.

Unlike those NONSENSE we see on Africa Magic Epic, those peeps invest a lot of money in their movies. They deserve every kobo they make.

Just before you say that Nigerian films are trashy, make sure you see the quality of films they show in cinemas.
The AM Epic movies can dull brain i swear.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by TemmyM(f): 3:06am On Feb 04, 2021
Dailymice:

. And the Hollywood movies are actually unpredictable? If you watch movies a lot you can also predict some Hollywood movies. Instead of condemning Nollywood movies, try appreciate what’s ours we cannot always act like the Hollywoods.Our ways, our culture and our lives is quite different from theirs. Personally I do not like watching some Nolloywood movies but when I see a good Nollywood one I definitely would appreciate it because e no easy. The Hollywood movie industry gets way more supports than the Nollywood film industry. Anything done by the whites don scatter una head that you don’t want to see anything good in what the blacks do anymore especially from your own country. Appreciate and encourage them, they are definitely going to get there someday.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 4:26am On Feb 04, 2021
Princessbettyj:

Lol hello
Sure you are good grin
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Mypeople2(m): 5:43am On Feb 04, 2021
Dailymice:

My guy stop comparing a Nigerian movie with an American movie.Can you compare the technology of year 1731 to the technology to be used in 2095?
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by pepperdemzombie: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2021
DammieSOG:

Iya osi mi, gbenu rirun e dake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / Fztvseries / Mobiletvshows – Best Free Site To Download Mobile TV Series / Tonto Dikeh Plays Tomatoes And Garri Seller In New Movie ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.