Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Men's Barbing Salon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Men's Barbing Salon (5345 Views)

Is N50,000 Enough To Startup A Barbing Saloon? / Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? / How Do I Improve Profits In My Beauty Salon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men's Barbing Salon by owunmi: 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2011
Hi all,

do you run a men's barbing salon? If yes, pls post your experiences here viz start up cost of your salon and how profitable the biz has been for you so far or any other fact that can help me make a more informed decision before entering into the business.

I have some spare cash and am thinking of setting up an upscale men's barbing salon but before I do I want to know what other peoples experiences have been.

thanks.
Re: Men's Barbing Salon by alienYOUTH(m): 12:36am On Apr 06, 2011
Dunno if u male or female; but first off, doin business in Nigeria is near impossible if i doesnt end up being ur vocation. u cant just leave ur business to someone expecting return if u r not there ALWAYS to oversee it; they will just turn-u-mad and run-u-down. (i'm talkin 4rm experience). cry

That said, a barbing salon is a fantastic idea; i know of persons who run different outlets succesfully, but it's not just their Business, its all they do. So if this is not going to be ur primary stuff, pls dont go into it, invest in wat u do presently.
Re: Men's Barbing Salon by owunmi: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2011
thanks so much for the advise.

I thought it might be O.k. to branchout into something that can fetch daily income since my current line of business doesn't offer that - its pays quarterly.

Your post has reminded me that poor work ethics is one of the primary problems business owners face here in Nigeria.

I would still like to read the experiences of people who have invested in this business area.
Re: Men's Barbing Salon by alienYOUTH(m): 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2011
Ok, maybe i wasnt explicit enuff d first time around; i currently run a barbing saloon, indirectly. i'm a Civil Engineer, i enjoy my vocation and i live comfortably. Witout goin into too much story, i opened a shop for my wife where she does here beauty stuff on one side and manages a barbing salon on d other.

Its bn almost a year now and the salon still struggles to rake in N3000 a week, this is my 3rd barber now and i'm planning to scrap it soon cos d business doesnt pay for itself, talkless of the rent, most of the revenue comes from my wife's beauty shop and soft-sell side; i still fuel their generator intermittently and service it from my own pocket.

The issue is working wit pple, honesty and credibility; most of these guys believe it is because u hav too-much-money u want to set up a business and sweat them while u collect all the money.

Dont get me wrong, i dont blame the business, i swear, it is one of the most viable ones around (everyone cuts their hair) and i knw other pple who r making it; but as i said earlier, any investment u cant or wont oversee directly, pls dont even think of goin into it!
Re: Men's Barbing Salon by Uzilla: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
alienYOUTH: most of these guys believe it is because u hav too-much-money u want to set up a business and sweat them while u collect all the money.

This is a major issue i have noticed in this kind of businesses (Lease). They will RUN U MAD.

(1) (Reply)

Salary: Indorama Eleme Fertilizer & Chemical Ltd / If You Import From China. Let’s Do Business! / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.