Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien (1838 Views)

2 Plots Fully Fenced In Ogombo Ajah New Towns @ 5m Each C/o Pics / Egypt Unveils Plans To Build New Capital East Of Cairo / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by ektbear: 6:07am On Apr 06, 2011
You guys had progressed well beyond a 1st name basis already, I thought?

Why is she still blindly guessing?  undecided

For shame, Ileke-Idi  sad
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by fstranger3(m): 6:10am On Apr 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Basically, I think the FG should take care of the following tasks:

1) National defense
2) Currency, monetary policy
3) Interstate roads
4) Things like NAFDAC, other agencies that make sense to have uniform standards for
5) A few other things I'm forgetting right now. . .

And leave pretty much everything else to the states or private industry.

The problem between you and I have always been that you want us to copy the American style in all its entirety While I want us to adapt our style of government to our unique environment.

And Big vs Small Government.    .    .  you seem to favor small government while WRT to our unique situation I favor Big government, at least for now.

We will never agree. grin

:::Off to instigate some fights in romance:::

:::Ragdollz baby, where are you:::
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

What about just building roads and fixing the death traps killing Nigerians everyday? These useless people are definitely walking on their brains.

ROTFLMAO!! grin grin grin

ekt_bear:

You guys had progressed well beyond a 1st name basis already, I thought?

Why is she still blindly guessing?  undecided

For shame, Ileke-Idi  sad

Something dey craze you, shebi.

You guys should finally make up your mind on who I am romancing on this section once and for all.

Anywaz, his name is Femi. One of his closest friend gisted it to me.

fstranger3:

Where did you get that from?  grin Bisi told me.
Cant be more wrong!lol

Ye ma paro man, Femi.
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by dayokanu(m): 6:20am On Apr 06, 2011
fstranger3:

Where did you get that from? grin

Cant be more wrong!lol

She was passing a message
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by fstranger3(m): 6:22am On Apr 06, 2011
dayokanu:

She was passing a message

I thought she was 'eran agba' for people like you.

I dont want some 'egungun' to 'ha mi l'ofun' grin
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by ektbear: 6:23am On Apr 06, 2011
@fstranger3: The problem is you think that this is American style. When it is in fact the style Nigeria had in the 50s and 60s, before everything became centralized. Nigeria didn't say, "Build a stadium in each of the three regions." One region decided it wanted one, so went for it.

Federalism is not a uniquely American invention. It is the most natural form of government for humans. People are better able to make decisions for themselves at a local level than someone very far away. I cannot tell you how to decorate your house; you'd better to know how to do it than me, since you are closer to the situation.

My own ancestors were essentially federalists. . . each village/town would manage its own affairs, and cooperate with its neighbors as needed to accomplish tasks too big for them to accomplish themselves. If Town A decides they want to build a new palace for their king, it doesn't mean that ALL the towns in the area must do the same thing.

The problem seems to be that you strongly dislike anything American. If I call pounded yam American you'll probably stop eating it grin
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 06, 2011
fstranger3:

I thought she was 'eran agba' for people like you.

I dont want some 'egungun' to 'ha mi l'ofun' grin
uhm, I dont think so.

So Femi, let's get back to your serious side. Debate away!
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by ektbear: 6:32am On Apr 06, 2011
Ileke-Idi, how did you meet this friend of his

Was this before or after you met his parents
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Ileke-Idi, how did you meet this friend of his

Was this before or after you met his parents

Oladapo, you're alright sha?
I'm very worried about you tonight. . . . is Femi setting you up to this?
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by ektbear: 6:42am On Apr 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Oladapo, you're alright sha?
I'm very worried about you tonight. . . . is Femi setting you up to this?

I'm not an "Oladapo", I'm one of the other ones. I'm peachy keen; no setup grin
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm not an "Oladapo", I'm one of the other ones. I'm peachy keen; no setup grin
Alright, Dapomola. I hear you.
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2011
Issuing promises like its pure water
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What a load of bull! . . . how in the world did you surmise this has to do with the NATIONAL psyche or whatever you call it?. . . that the nincompoops in power only look for ways to score brownie points by making silly promises which they are famous for never delivering on does not make their psyche a national one . . .

The psyche of Nigerians has been damaged by long years of military rule such that problems that should be solved ta the local level and by private individuals are been thrust to the central government. Nigerians look up to their governments for salvation. In the US where you live, people become millionaires and billionaires by creating goods and services that address other people's problems and selling it.

Its ironic that the South Africans, Lebanese, Indians and Chinese trooping to Nigeria recognize this but Nigerians don't. All the problems that we are cried about for decades (and are still crying about) are business opportunities for entrepreneurs. Nigerians cried about telecoms until savvy foreigners filled the gap and are smiling back to their homeland. Nigerians have been looking to the government for power as if power is not produced by private companies in foreign lands.

You don't have to wait for the government to solve problems. Any governments that promises to solve your problems/needs be it housing, health, education etc is lying to you. Create a business that addresses that problem/need and smile to the banks. Read the book "wealth of nations" and learn
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2011
fstranger3:

The problem between you and I have always been that you want us to copy the American style in all its entirety While I want us to adapt our style of government to our unique environment.

And Big vs Small Government.    .    .  you seem to favor small government while WRT to our unique situation I favor Big government, at least for now.

We will never agree. grin

:::Off to instigate some fights in romance:::

:::Ragdollz baby, where are you:::

Any government big enough to give you everything you want/need is also big enough to take it all away. Nigeria's problem is too much government. We should have very limited government and its power should be limited to things like law and order and enforcements of contracts. All other things should be left to private initiative and enterprise.

When people believe in the government and  not in themselves, you have the contraption called Nigeria. A place where graduates are looking for jobs instead of creating jobs. A place where people say so much and do so little. A place where people expect heaven from their governments without realizing that their government is peopled by just as clueless folks as the average Nigerian. Go figure!!
Re: Fg To Build New Towns In 36 States - Mr. Nduese Essien by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2011
kalokalo:

Any government big enough to give you everything you want/need is also big enough to take it all away. Nigeria's problem is too much government. We should have very limited government and its power should be limited to things law and order and enforcements of contracts. All other things should be left to private initiative and enterprise.

When people believe in the government and not in themselves, you have the contraption called Nigeria. A place where graduates are looking for jobs instead of creating jobs. A place where people say so much and do so little. A place where people expect heaven from their governments without realizing that their government is peopled by just as clueless folks as the average Nigerian. Go figure!!
You try well, who will amend the law to bring about this change, is it the parliamentarians that receive over 20m as monthly pay and billions in capital expenditure?
We will get there sha. I hope you are voting for Buhari to at least ease corruption for a start?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agility, Mile12: New 2br Flat@ Mile 12; Alakuko:4bedrm Wing Of Duplex @ Alakuko / Own your own House and (Still) collect rent in 6 weeks / Glass Factories For Sale - 08058326817, 08090560842

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.