Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

My Conversation With A Feminist - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Conversation With A Feminist (437 Views)

Bisi Alimi Explains Why He Doesn't Identify As A "Feminist" / Are You Mad? I Am A Feminist; There Is No F***ing Coming Revolution / We Should All Be Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Conversation With A Feminist by GazaMark(m): 6:19am On Feb 05, 2021
MY TAKE
MY CONVERSATION WITH A FEMINIST

I remember watching a movie called ‘what women want' by Mel Gibson. It was about a man who could listen to the thoughts and subconscious thinking of women. Do I envy that guy, never. I think women are the most complex yet simple of the human species called homo sapiens. I have observed with a lot of concern, how the present generation of women have become so bitter and toxic, all in the name of feminism.

I have a friend who has done well as an entrepreneur, she paints well and just recently released a book. She has a lot going on for her. She's always about feminism this, feminism that. So I decided to engage her in a mindthrubbing discussion, I asked her, what is feminism? She told me a lot of things, that if I choose to write might take a whole book. So I decided to tell her a story ending with a trick question. I told her, a man was travelling with his son and they had an accident. The man died and the son was rushed to the hospital, upon getting to the hospital, as soon as the doctor saw the boy, the doctor shouted this is my son. So I asked Mrs feminism, who this doctor was to the boy. She gave me several answers asking if it was his uncle or stepfather.

I don’t have a problem with feminism, I’m a supporter of feminism 100% but I am not a supporter of toxicity, bitterness and arrogance of ignorance in the name of feminism. I personally believe women have been short-changed not just in our society alone but this phenomenon has cultural and religious undertone too. For example while growing up my dad used to frown when he saw me in the kitchen, he would say the kitchen wasn’t a man’s place, however I’ve always been indifferent. I remember him coming home one day quite hungry,the women were not around, he asked if there was food, which I served him. He said the meal was delicious and in my mind I said to myself, hunger no know whether na man or woman cook food ooo.

We have missed a lot of opportunities towards advancing our world in science, medicine, astronomy, physics, economics and so on, simply for the fact that they were proposed by women. I personally feel women do better than some men in most spheres. Growing up, I’ve always known that a woman is stronger than a man, owing to the fact that their strength lies in their weakness. Have you ever seen a woman who was in love and her heart was broken? She could be the most calculative and peecise being on earth. Chris Rock once said, if women ruled the world, there would be no wars only a bunch of countries not talking to each other. Well which one is better? Going to war or not talking to each other? Haven't the men being emasculated too,a man is only valued(loved), when he is productive,if he is not,society looks down on him.

The widow spider is an interesting specie of spiders, the female spider lures the male for intercourse, after they are done, she kills the male and eats him up. I have never seen the male spider protesting that they will not have sex with the widow spiders again because they feel 'SPIDER-CULATED'.

I will distinguish myself by saying, to understand feminism correctly and not the aberration being projected by members of covens with multi-variate tantrums void of virtue or responsibility. Feminism should speak to equity (fairness) more than equality (ranking). It’s about mutual respect void of prejudices. In a feminist world we live now, I don’t want to believe her money is her money while my money is our money according to Ren0 omokri. We have to put into consideration the benefits the men used to achieve in those times when women were not expected to be the bread maker. I have studied some of these feminists closely such as Beyoncé, Ngozi Nkonjo-Iweala, Chimamanda Adichie etc. They have very lovely families and i am sure they don’t teach these new generation of feminists the indulgence of compromise in a relationship between men and women. There was a judgement in one of the courts that favoured inheritance for women of Igbo origin, though a drop in an ocean but it's a good start.

Once people like my feminist friend whom I told the story to, would without thinking for a second know that the doctor in the story was the mother of the boy, then we would have made headway. Just like a saying I saw in a bathroom at Avis in Jos, ‘the only way out is in'.
By Gaza Mark Auta

Song recommendation
So a child may follow.......by Damian Marley

words on marble
I have never seen a man that walked with God and ever regretted it....... Billy Graham
Re: My Conversation With A Feminist by CrazyBen(m): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2021
Dude, I don't understand the kind of picture
you're painting here, I was like you once
but after staying with different ladies I
realized the sad truth about them...

I won't say that truth yet as it's best you learn from experience

© CrazyBen

2 Likes

Re: My Conversation With A Feminist by YoonSung88: 7:23am On Feb 05, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With A Feminist by GazaMark(m): 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
Crazy Ben,I guess I have more to learn.
Re: My Conversation With A Feminist by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 06, 2021
I told her, a man was travelling with his son and they had an accident. The man died and the son was rushed to the hospital, upon getting to the hospital, as soon as the doctor saw the boy, the doctor shouted this is my son.

I've gone through this story like three times and I still don't know what it has to do with feminism.

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With A Feminist by GazaMark(m): 7:58am On Feb 07, 2021
Ardar
Because the Doctor was the boy's mother. Meaning even women validate the inferiority complex.
Re: My Conversation With A Feminist by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 07, 2021
GazaMark:
Ardar
Because the Doctor was the boy's mother. Meaning even women validate the inferiority complex.

Your argument is flawed because if you were told this same story but in this case the dad was switched to be the mom and the doctor was switched to be a nurse, it would never cross your mind that its a man who is a nurse. This has nothing to do with feeling inferior but what we see as the majority in some professions.

(1) (Reply)

My Valentine's Day Gifts. I'm So Lucky ! ( Photos ) / Eating Banana In Public. Right Or Wrong? / Which African Country Has The Most Beautiful Women ? Asking Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.