Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Hello monday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hello monday (446 Views)

Hello there / Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Hello Heathens! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello monday by younglleo: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nothing works in this country
Re: Hello monday by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
I DIDN'T READ YOUR POST BUT THE HEADLINE SUMMARIZED IT ALREADY..
I ASKED MYSELF THIS SAME QUESTION LAST YEAR WHEN THE ONLY THING I COULD AFFORD IN A DAY IS GARRI AND KULIKULI BUT BELIEVE ME, GOD EXIST..
MAYBE YOU'VE BEEN PRAYING AMISS

1 Like

Re: Hello monday by EmekaBlue(m): 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
The Bible says He choses who to bless.

Maybe d rest ignored
Re: Hello monday by younglleo: 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
EmekaBlue:
The Bible says He choses who to bless.

Maybe d rest ignored
Then wats the need?
Re: Hello monday by EmekaBlue(m): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
younglleo:

Then wats the need?
maybe the life after death
Re: Hello monday by phantom24: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
younglleo:

Then wats the need?
follow ur mind, almost all christians are facing same issue. God doesn't really need any condition to bless a man. So if you've tried ur best then worry no more. As for material success you don't need to be a christian to succeed. Even most pastors are struggling financially. following God is not child's play esp. If ur background wasn't balanced.
Re: Hello monday by sonmvayina(m): 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
God is conciouseness...not a man or human being. Thats why he created us..so that we can help each other attain our aspirations..
Re: Hello monday by younglleo: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2021
sonmvayina:
God is conciouseness...not a man or human being. Thats why he created us..so that we can help each other attain our aspirations..
I've not gotten the help! I truly need help at this exact stage cry cry
Re: Hello monday by xproducer: 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
younglleo:
Pls ignore my grammatical errors!

Being born into a religious and Christian family seems to have been the worst thing that has happuned to me.
Am a supposed Christian, who is falling apart due to life inconveniences.... Struggling for almost every thing in my life and none coming in form of a miracle or whatsoever, I've lived all my life believing in God, believing in the condemnation of other gods being tagged idol, I've faced alot of difficulties in my life, and each time, i consult a man of God. And the Issue will always lead to praying and fasting, doing midnights prayers and soo on and soo forth, but even after that, am still not moving!
The last one was jst dis January, after consultation,they said the powers from village and ancestral stuffs etc.
i was told to pray, fast. The truth is i always do these praying and fasting with utmost belief, but it all results to nothing, i ask mysef questions.
Everyday powers from here and there,but God is said to be the true God?
My dad have served the lord for a very long while, and I can honestly assure you that he has never saved up to a million in his account, ever since I was Born, we feed from hand to mouth, no savings,nothing!
I've come to wonder cause I've gotten feedup with the lifestyle, why do Christians suffer the most?
Why do God allow his[b] CHILDREN[/b] to suffer the most, why does it seem that Christianity makes one blind, this religious lifestyle of mine has made me decline opportunities which would have gotten me to a better place, now i seem a shadow of myself cry
My family have suffered for awhile and in everything I do, my major aim is to get my family liberated from poverty, but all to no avail!
Nothing works for me anymore, I've asked questions upon question but still,no answer.
Please, these wealthy people, do the worship a different God, being a believer deprives you of alot of things, being a poor Christian is the worst type of life anyone can imagine!
Everything would be vanity to you, but why?
Because you can't afford those,
How do i get mysef out of this Christian faith, i honestly want to do evil soo as to displease God cry cry cry
I've tried my best doing the right things, in as much I don't want to go short of his glory, but here i am fully short of his Glory, the only thing i could boast about is this life, the only thing a poor Christian thanks God about is the gift of life.
Life is not a gift actually, everybody would still die someday, being alive suffering and watching others die doesn't make you blessed, we die wen our time is due!
if i could trade this life for a better life I would, rather than wait soo I would have a better life at a place where I don't know "HEAVEN"
I've done alot of prayers, i read the Bible, i dont need someone to preach to me, i felt like dropping this, cause it seems like we've been deceived bout this Christianity of a thing,
Its not working!
Christianity is not working, we've abandoned the supposed gods to serve the living God.
But yet, the living God teaches us to accept suffering all in the name of being in the race to heaven,
Does the dead praise the lord?
My life seem to always deteriorate, things Goes from bad to worse,
I belive hard time never last, but as a Christian, there are things that shouldn't come our ways!
How many years do one have to wait for this appointed time of God?
Are we deceiving ourselfs?
I've watched alot of Christian die without getting "Gods time"
I don't know what it feels like to be comfortable, to have even the slightest of riches, but here i am
, always worried about they soo called evil from the village.
An atheist or a non believer, why do the progress?
I need help, I've become a shadow of my self!
Religion seems to have destroyed me,
I urgently need help!
cry cry cry
You might have seen most of my comments about traveling about and paying back later, if i see that I'll honestly do it,
I missed and opportunity bcus my believe tagged there deeds evil, but now, after looking into alot of things and doin my research, i dont think that evil is really evil!
R

++++++++++++++++++++++++

OP, a number of key facts -

1. GOD is good (Matthew 19:17), GOD is love (1 John 4:8 ), GOD pities His children (Psalm 103:13), and helps them (Isaiah 41:13), never leaving them no forsaking them (Deuteronomy 31:6). Yes, "The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works." - Psalm 145:8-9.

It is important to pray according to the will of GOD. We know that we all have needs, so certainly GOD who made the mind and is omniscient knows!
This is the reason why the Lord JESUS the CHRIST says, "“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." - Matthew 6:31-34

HE also says, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33... in other words - if you are mine, stop worrying!

"Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" - Matthew 6:30

GOD is not a man that He should lie (Numbers 23:19), "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us." - 2 Corinthians 1:20

So, we should keep praying to and beseeching GOD for His grace, mercy, wisdom, strength, His righteousness first... then His provision according to His will. Having a lot of material things, though they may bring temporary pleasures on earth, tend to distract and draw one away from GOD and heavenly things!

"But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition." - 1 Timothy 6:9

It doesn't mean that one should not aspire to some things, but the focus should be on the salvation of one's soul, one being right with GOD in CHRIST JESUS the LORD. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" - Mark 8:36

One only hurts and destroys oneself by giving into sin, because the "wages of sin is death" - Romans 6:23. So, keep praying and keep the faith, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - Hebrews 11:6

Peace!
---------------------------
"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5
Re: Hello monday by kingxsamz(m): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lol, why are you praying and fasting? You want to change God's plan in your life? God has destined you to be poor for life, so take it like that. Stop trying to use prayers to change his plans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello monday by Image123(m): 7:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
younglleo:

Being born into a religious and Christian family seems to have been the worst thing that has happuned to me.
Am a supposed Christian, who is falling apart due to life inconveniences.... Struggling for almost every thing in my life and none coming in form of a miracle or whatsoever, I've lived all my life believing in God, believing in the condemnation of other gods being tagged idol, I've faced alot of difficulties in my life, and each time, i consult a man of God. And the Issue will always lead to praying and fasting, doing midnights prayers and soo on and soo forth, but even after that, am still not moving!
The last one was jst dis January, after consultation,they said the powers from village and ancestral stuffs etc.
i was told to pray, fast. The truth is i always do these praying and fasting with utmost belief, but it all results to nothing, i ask mysef questions.
My dad have served the lord for a very long while, and I can honestly assure you that he has never saved up to a million in his account, ever since I was Born, we feed from hand to mouth, no savings,nothing!
I've come to wonder cause I've gotten feedup with the lifestyle, why do Christians suffer the most?
Why do God allow his[b] CHILDREN[/b] to suffer the most, why does it seem that Christianity makes one blind, this religious lifestyle of mine has made me decline opportunities which would have gotten me to a better place, now i seem a shadow of myself cry
My family have suffered for awhile and in everything I do, my major aim is to get my family liberated from poverty, but all to no avail!
Nothing works for me anymore, I've asked questions upon question but still,no answer.
Please, these wealthy people, do the worship a different God, being a believer deprives you of alot of things, being a poor Christian is the worst type of life anyone can imagine!
How do i get mysef out of this Christian faith, i honestly want to do evil soo as to displease God cry cry cry
I've tried my best doing the right things, in as much I don't want to go short of his glory, but here i am fully short of his Glory, the only thing i could boast about is this life, the only thing a poor Christian thanks God about is the gift of life.
Life is not a gift actually, everybody would still die someday, being alive suffering and watching others die doesn't make you blessed, we die wen our time is due!
if i could trade this life for a better life I would, rather than wait soo I would have a better life at a place where I don't know "HEAVEN"
I've done alot of prayers, i read the Bible, i dont need someone to preach to me, i felt like dropping this, cause it seems like we've been deceived bout this Christianity of a thing,
Its not working!
Christianity is not working, we've abandoned the supposed gods to serve the living God.
But yet, the living God teaches us to accept suffering all in the name of being in the race to heaven,
I belive hard time never last, but as a Christian, there are things that shouldn't come our ways!
I don't know what it feels like to be comfortable, to have even the slightest of riches, but here i am
I urgently need help!
cry cry cry
You might have seen most of my comments about traveling about and paying back later, if i see that I'll honestly do it,
I missed and opportunity bcus my believe tagged there deeds evil, but now, after looking into alot of things and doin my research, i dont think that evil is really evil!
R

You seem to have been worshipping money all your life, not God. Living for God or living in godliness has little to nothing to do with earthly gain. Work hard and invest(plant, sow, work), you will make earthly gain. You do not need to be a Christian or a servant pf God or committed to God to make earthly gain. You need to be diligent, smart and favoured to do that. So quit that mindset of prayers and going to church or being religious looking for miracle to provide your basic needs. The love of money is also worrying you from what i observe. Stop making money your Lord, there are many poor and wretched unbelievers and atheists also. You can ask them here, i know some that go around begging. There are even some like one capslocked who likely cannot afford data to post again. So, folly is not an escape from poverty. Become humble, persistent and hardworking. You will see real results.
Re: Hello monday by sonmvayina(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
younglleo:
I've not gotten the help! I truly need help at this exact stage cry cry

Some people are just moroons....greedy and selfish
Re: Hello monday by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2021
sonmvayina:

Some people are just moroons....greedy and selfish
Does life make sense?
Re: Hello monday by sonmvayina(m): 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Does life make sense?

It dosent....we have to make it make sense....
Re: Hello monday by Image123(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Does life make sense?

Victor Victor. But you are looking for God, heaven and hell to make sense to you before you face the reality na.
Re: Hello monday by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
If you take time out to read the bible you will realise that he doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: Hello monday by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
Image123:

Victor Victor. But you are looking for God, heaven and hell to make sense to you before you face the reality na.
I am facing the reality, already.
Re: Hello monday by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2021
sonmvayina:

It dosent....we have to make it make sense....
Can I still get what you promised me?
Re: Hello monday by sonmvayina(m): 11:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Can I still get what you promised me?

Yes, i have your details..
Re: Hello monday by Harshirama(m): 8:05am On Feb 07, 2021
God surely exists. The mistake many christians make is to assume believing in Jesus will automatically grant you wealth. Sure God can supply your needs but you need to trust him. Why not pray and ask God to give you a clear direction in life? He will.
Re: Hello monday by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:02am On Feb 07, 2021
My God bless you for the highlighted!

Most people thought God is as partial as their human fathers and mothers {Matthew 5:45} will spoon-feed them with the best while other people's Children will be serving as their housemaids.

God will supply not your WANTS but NEEDS so the understanding belongs to those who can distinguish between WANTS and NEEDS! Psalms 1:1 smiley

Harshirama:
God surely exists. The mistake many christians make is to assume believing in Jesus will automatically grant you wealth. Sure God can supply your needs but you need to trust him. Why not pray and ask God to give you a clear direction in life? He will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello monday by Ihedinobi3: 9:58am On Feb 07, 2021
younglleo:

Its not working!
I urgently need help!
cry cry cry
R

Hi there.

You seem to have made up your mind even though you keep saying that you need help. I'm not sure what help you need. Do you need help getting out of Christianity? If you do, all that that requires is the cessation of belief in Jesus Christ. That is, all you have to do is stop believing that Jesus Christ, God Who became Man for our sakes, died for your sins. Once you stop believing that, you're no longer a Christian. It may even be possible that you're not even a Christian right now, judging by your words.

I mean that the point of Christianity is not material well-being. It's not about "making it" in this life. I realize that that is what the many false teachers and false prophets and false bishops etc are filling the ears of naive people with, but it is not true. Christianity is about being saved from God's judgment because of our wickedness. That is why Jesus humbled Himself, even though He was and is forever God, and became a Man so that He could suffer and die a terrible spiritual death on the Cross for us. He didn't go through all that so that we can have a million in our bank account. That was not the point. It was so that we would not spend eternity in the Lake of Fire banished from the presence of God and denied of all His good gifts.

If this is not what you want, then you shouldn't be a Christian. There are many atheists, agnostics, deists, even spiritists on this platform who may be able to give you whatever it is you want. I'm sure that they will answer if you call them.

If you do want to be a Christian though, then beware that Christians are soldiers in God's Army and Satan hates them more than he hates unbelievers (and, yes, he does hate unbelievers. He just doesn't bother them too much because they are already his prisoners). The Bible is clear that while everyone suffers in this life, Christians suffer more by far. Among Christians too, the more anyone is zealous for God and His truth, the more they will suffer. That is why Paul says:

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.
1 Corinthians 15:19 (NKJV)

This does not mean that Christians don't get what they need to live this life. Jesus Himself says that God makes His rain to fall on both the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45). The Psalms teach that God provides sustenance for all things including even the animals (Psalm 145:15, for example). If He does this, why would Christians expect that God will not provide for them? Of course, He does.

32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
Romans 8:32 (NKJV)

The problem is when someone begins to lust after the wealth of this life. God promises daily provision, timely provision, not amassed wealth. If you want to have wealth overflowing, you are looking at the wrong God. He can and does give it to His Children sometimes, but that is neither what He promises nor what the Scriptures tell us to ask for.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Matthew 6:11 (NKJV)

7 Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):
8 Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches—
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
9 Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, “Who is the LORD?”
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.
Proverbs 30:7-9 (NKJV)

The two prayers above are what the Scriptures teach us to pray. The first was taught us by our Lord Jesus Himself. The second was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. We would be wise to have that attitude to the things of this world.

Please understand. I'm not saying that wealth is bad or that you shouldn't demand fair payment for your work. I am only saying that lust for wealth is not a Christian thing. What the Bible teaches us is to be content with what the Lord is pleased to give us for the war that we are fighting in this life. No soldier on the battlefield is looking to amass wealth. He just takes what he needs to survive and fulfill his mission. That is the right attitude to have to our lives in this world.

6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1 Timothy 6:6-10 (NKJV)

3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
2 Timothy 2:3-4 (NKJV)

Please feel free to ignore my "preaching." My answer was given to make sure that you know what Christianity is about so that your decision can be clear to you. It was also given in case someone else needs understanding in similar matters.

Cheers.
Re: Hello monday by gideonjeta(m): 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
@Op... God exist and he care about us. God gives us what we need at the right time. "All his ways are justice.” (Deuteronomy 32:4) God is fair and impartial in everything he does. The fact that you don't have riches now does not mean he is blind to your predicament. He will bless your efforts and ensure that you get your NEEDS and not your WANTS. Just do what is good in the eyes of God and you will be given these things that you crave for. (Mathew 6:33).

younglleo:

Its not working!
I urgently need help!
cry cry cry
R

(1) (Reply)

All You Need Is "1like" From Above / The Worst Thing About Hell Fire / How To Live Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.