Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively (13506 Views)

Why You Should Consider Poultry Production / Nigerian Maize Production Increases More Than Twofold Between 2015 And 2018 / Maize Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by 10mobile: 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
This is why we were calling on Nigerians to invest in our maize farm project this year with a high ROI . This is to let you know that we still need a few more investors as we are already preparing for the farming season. Thanks.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by adecz: 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
undecided undecided

❌❌Can somebody, anybody, mention
anything, this government has
succeeded in?

Even simple things we used to take
for granted, garri, akpu, maize, palm oil,
yam etc have all suddenly become
big man food.

Simple activities like farming, travelling
have become matters of life & death ..

The scariest part is that, this government
doesn't even think there is problem .

Senate, ministers , governors & traditional
rulers are all hailing Buhari for his 'achievements'!! ❌❌❌❌

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Blackdisciple(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
Handiworks of Fulani orcs.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Mopolchi: 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2021
HO Corn get plenty corn cobs to sell
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by jamjo: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Vision4God:
Maize scarcity?
This spells trouble especially for Northerners. Maize is a major food in d North. Eaten as "tuwon masara". It use to be the cheapest food for d common man. Now it's competing in price with beans.

Poultry feed that's already N5300-5500 will shoot up to N7000.
A major cause of this is security. A friend's neighbor planted maize last year lost his yield overnight as theives went with their truck and harvested it through d night.

Our only hope is in God. Looking upto man is disaster.

When herdsmen are using their cows and disrupting local farmers and our leader keeps mute because they were his people, what are they think will happen?

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Mcreloaded(m): 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2021
Even if bag of feed rise to 10k because of maize and herders wahalah man must survive las las.

How much self it's just chicken feed.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by YungMillionaire: 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Because Fulani Cows have eaten and destroyed all the maize farms across the country.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Thryphosa(m): 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
No wonder my friend just dey smile everyday, he bought 40 bags in December 2020 for storage. I'm happy for you bro.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Zanotty(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Nigerians must wake up cus if we remain docile.only few will make it 2023
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by byinks(f): 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
ThrasherD:
I don't eat maize, so I don't care

Do you eat chicken?

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Gerrard59(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
madridsta007:

Fulani herdsmen attack and kill farmers.... Farmers cant go to their farms... Farmers move out of their lands, if they are alive that is. Fulani herdsmen move in and set up militia posts. Farms are untended and overgrown with weeds.

And Nigerians act as if we dont know what caused the lack of maize? undecided

To cap it, Buhari barred importers from obtaining Forex at CBN rates for the importation of maize. Same thing she did with dairy products only to allow six companies to obtain forex.

Well, Ndi Intellectwats supported his bid in 2015. E go touch everybody.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
Fjxv
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by onoms4luv(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2021
Jeremy1234:
Have you come across victor ola no ielts to Canada webinar and you would like to purchase his guide which he sells for 25,000
Well, I am willing to resell for 5,000
If you are interested
Message me on WhatsApp
+2348179724040

I'm open to verification should incase you wanna confirm via video call

why are you wicked, why are you reselling someone sweat, without the prior notice of the person. Do you know you can be charge for that.

ogbeni find another hustle do abeg
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Ellasure: 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
Elections have consequences and 2015 Nigerian presidential election is one of them. The noiseless one in Abuja and the globe eyes on bourdilon road London use the sleeping liar with Awolowo cap to say so many good for for nothing words then and many got carried away.

Today we are at the next level of everything but when hungers next level is added kasala fit burst Ooooh
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Heffalump(m): 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Poultry production is been negatively affected already. A crate of eggs now goes for #1,500 and an average size parent stock #6k to #7k. So what else are we expecting?

By the time Buhari finishes with Nigeria, we would have been rolled back 30 years behind. The good thing is that not a single soul will be spared, even his nomadic lunatics are the worst hit for now undecided
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Whois(m): 6:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
You beat me to it, (am into backyard poultry so I understand the importance of maize) thus, I wanted to ask him same question. Lol.
byinks:

Do you eat chicken?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Simba00007(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
ThrasherD:
but you eat chicken
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Dollanaira: 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Onuoha1234(m): 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
False alarm
. The Poultry people should use SORGHUM which is plentiful and better than maize. The should also produce SOYABEAN iñ thousands of ton.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Onuoha1234(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
PAÑ should raize PLANTATIONS OF SORGHUM which is superior to maize They should plant SOYABEAN as well. Enough f this false alarm.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Mom007(f): 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
If not that this country is just a joke...! What is maize that we are complaining of scarcity? A crop that has a growth span of 3months... In a country with abundant fertile soil and an almost unlimited labor force... The citizenry are just as bad as the government! As we all left farming to the villagers and northerners, how do we get food now that Fulani herdsmen are driving them out of their farms? If every able Nigerian plants maize on every available land as soon as the rains start falling, things will go back to normal in three months time because there will be rain in abundance. Let us all keep sitting down and complaining, waiting for foreign investors to come and farm our land for us and sell us the proceeds... Pstcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by barrypro: 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Alright
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Oizee(f): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
ThrasherD:
what about egg and chicken? do you take pap?
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2021
my mum has about 45 broilers for sale at six weeks old now and healthy size. if anyone is interested, quote this comment. location is Abuja
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by olasubomi2354: 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
my mum has about 45 broilers for sale at six weeks old now and healthy size. if anyone is interested, quote this comment. location is Abuja
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by SouthAmericalif: 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
ThrasherD:
But at least you take pap and also eat egg,ask for the cost of raw egg In your area,it will shock you.
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Tcwork: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
Our government both state and federal has invested billions into rice production, yet the price keeps rising.
Maize has also joined.
USA is the largest exporter of corn yet they have only 1.3% of their labour into agriculture.
Over 36% of nigerian labour is agriculture. That is, more than one in every 3 working Nigerians is a farmer, yet we can't feed ourselves.
They tell us to return to agriculture but the truth is, we don't need more farmers. What we need is better farm practice.
We need to understand what crops work best for our environment. We need to develop system that thrives even with changing climatic conditions.
In the next 30 years, we would be 400 million, if we do not make the necessary changes now, we would be walking into a time bomb of hunger

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by Jeremy1234: 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
AfroBeatDiary:

I'm interested but are you in Canada?
I'm in my final year
Bought the guide so it won't be expensive when I need it
Re: Crisis Hits Nigerian Maize Supply, To Affect Poultry Production Negatively by emmyrate1(m): 1:13am On Feb 09, 2021
IGPAdamu0:
Maize ko Maize ni
is a pity u couldn't comprehend anything from the article smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Start A Profitable Tilapia Fish Farm / Lagos To Acquire 32,000-hectare Farmland For Rice Cultivation / Where To Buy Sea Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt In Nigeria- 08037749796

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.