Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos (59951 Views)

Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Prosperchuks1344(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2021
CotenantNIG:
this is insane

I can relate bro...

we have a property in lekki, we were made to pay about 200k for each decking, even if it's 10 decking you must pay...

they even have their office in front of Ikota villa estate, whatever that enters that estate so far it's a building material, you will pay 500 naira, trailers and tippers pay in thousands...
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2021
SuperBold:

Some one will tell me igbos mean well for Yoruba, according to them Yoruba are lazy, tivs are lazy, Hausa are stupid, Benin are lazy, it's only them that are hardworking. Is it a mistake these mentioned people sell land to igbos? Imagine if Igbos are as powerful as Fulani, God help us
No be all of us no mind the idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by lekki1444: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2021
rheether:
The Yorubas are very lazy.
they are very lazy but they have the most econmically viable region in the country that everybody from all over the country is rushing to ? yeah lol. The brains of pioneers like jagaban is what Yruba land is made of. the pioneers like lateef jakande, jagaban, fashola etc. yoruba land is the most blessed in all of nigeria. thats called working smart.

3 Likes

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Reex12(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2021
isn't this extortion
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Lagoon0: 10:52am On Feb 10, 2021
rheether:
The Yorubas are very lazy.
Its called soft werk

Pele o! Hard working, work hard and build house in Lagos na cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by ba7man(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2021
I paid N 20,000 this December and it covers everything up there....... in Ikeja... they came with guns too.

I've been too long in this game to fall for this. You give me this and I'll tear it in front of them.

The fact that they can't even spell "Decking" is the first point I'll use against them. I'll have to first tell them it's called an "upper floor slab".

3 Likes

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by sylve11: 10:53am On Feb 10, 2021
Wickedfacts:

In your own family, are your sisters allowed to inherit their own father's property?

Lol grin

Igbo men nor wan take ears take hear sey their sisters go share inheritance o. grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Lagoon0: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2021
SegFault:

No be all of us no mind the idiot.
grin grin walai nothing some idiot fit talk wey go move me
All tribe get good and bad.

Na Fulani be my own problem not igbo
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by ibinaboonline: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2021
Incredibly, astoundingly, unbelievable.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by lekki1444: 10:55am On Feb 10, 2021
Kondomatic:
If you hear them talk about "accommodating" other tribes, you would think they give free lands and houses.
bros awon ekaro ojire must chop now grin grin
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:57am On Feb 10, 2021
Jobless morons
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 10, 2021
I remember the day colonel dealt with this omo onile people I never knew they could be tamed
Wickedfacts:

Commonsense is far from your father in the village licking moinmoin leaf like a baby goat.

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by ibinaboonline: 10:57am On Feb 10, 2021
You see am? not surprised satan had the guts to accuse Job. Have you come to buy land in the SE and they refused to sell to you. The only thing you bring with yourself to the SE is your prayer mat.
blamingthedevil:
Yes now, if you are not interested in buying , leave it . South East don't even sell lands to other tribes

3 Likes

Lagoon0:

grin grin walai nothing some idiot fit talk wey go move me
All tribe get good and bad.

Na Fulani be my own problem not igbo
Even this Fulani get good and bad (herdsmen excluded all of them na suspect)
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by coputa(m): 10:58am On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=CotenantNIG post=98914234]Have you tried to buy land in some parts of Lagos and have been told to pay Omo-Onile Signing Fees Like this Below

Who are Omo-Onile?
Omo onile  in Yoruba means “the child of the landowner.” Thus, an individual indigene of any specific Yoruba settlement may sell the portion of the family land appropriated to him or her.

The fear of Omo Onile is the beginning of wisdom for land developers in Lagos. Even with the best of education and your eyes wide open, you might discover that you have bought your land from ‘charlatans and impostors.’ The doctrine that governs the land market in Lagos is ‘buyers beware’. The multiple sale of land by branches of the same family is not generally considered a heinous crime but a minor side effect of African polygamy. In a house you built fifty years ago, you may one day find a fellow at your doorstep brandishing a paper called ‘court judgment’ that makes him the new owner of the land on which your property is built. The solution is ‘settlement’ that requires skillful bargaining. The possession of Certificate of Ownership is no defence in such matters.

In Some parts of Lagos, this is what you pay for

To put Foundation on the land N200,000
To collect the Deed of Assignment as proof of purchase of the land and receiving your money N200,000
To fence the property as a precaution against Land Fraudsters N150,000
To put a structure on it with Decking N200,000
To Construct a Roof on the property N160,000
Community Money for coming into their Village to buy a land N100,000

It's as if it's a crime to come to their place to buy land. I think our law is too weak to make these people to stop doing this nonsense all in the name of Omo-Onile

If you buy land at Elegushi, it's N2.5Million to just sign your document minus foundation and the rest of the nonsense they demand. In Badore, Olokonla, and areas controlled by the Olumegbon, it is N500,000 to sign your documents.

In Agungi, Osapa London, Chevron, and areas controlled by the Ojomu family, it's N1.5Million to sign your documents alone. Even those ones in the heart of Ibeju Lekki and Epe are beginning to copy their more illustrious counterparts to demand between N100,000 to N200,000 to buy land at Eleko or Free Trade Zone.

In Some part of Ikotun, Egbeda its almost N50,000
Share your Omo Onile Wahala

https://pwanmax.com/2021/02/09/omo-onile-signing-fees/And yoruba's are building houses in other states unmolested,they even give some of them free land to develop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2021
Nonexistent:
That's all they do. Very lazy lots who will rather take pride in agbero business than work hard. Very soon the Igbos will buy up their remaining lands and they relocate to the lagoon. They will be using canoe to come out from the lagoon to collect their omo onile. Fools

Igbos do not buy land, all land you are “buying” is long term rent aka lease. The land is still owned by the families and will revert to them at the end of the lease or can be revoked by the governor at anytime for instance if the country separates. Remmember a cofo is just that a certificate or right to occupy the land for a term. it does not confer ownership of the land. All the land you are buying in Lekki and Ajah still belong to the families and when the lease is up their children and grandchildren can decide not to renew and you lose everything on it. The only land you "own" is land that was bought before 1978

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by lekki1444: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2021
justosee:
Are they getting the land for free? you choose to release your ancestral land to total strangers for money.
there is no such thing as ancestral land. all land belongs to GOD. you are just passing through the planet. but while you are here you can transacct and do business and lease land for 99 years so that fresh money can come in from outside and after 99 years you collect your land back, or you can do what the igbos do ? which is get posessive over ANCESTRAL LAND and hold onto it and no money is coming through the area and so there is economic stagnation and now everybody has to run from there to lagos and ogun and oyo state where there is ecnomic vibrancy. YOU HAVE TO USE YUR BRAIN IN THIS LIFE OR BE STAGNATED

3 Likes

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by dinomcjohn: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2021
Nice one Op, this is very interesting to read for me as a realtor. Points well made. In most cases, it is wise to settle with the omoniles and not try to quarrel or fight with them since your land is located with them. In fact be nice to them, they will also be nice to you. Having said that, you also need to stand firm and don't let them override you. It's a matter of wisdom. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by CocoaOla: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2021
But this shits doesn't happen in other African countries cities only in Nigeria Lagos Nigerians are the real problem of Nigeria worst country in everything
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Adakintroy: 11:02am On Feb 10, 2021
First word I learn when I enter Lagos was owo_da.

I
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by dominique(f): 11:02am On Feb 10, 2021
Not only building projects, renovations too. Our fence got demolished by a very heavy rain one time like that and they came charging while it was being rebuilt.
Someone I know wanted to change the position of his borehole, that's how they came to demand for money. They must not see building materials being conveyed to your place, they come charging like mad dogs. Some areas are so bad, if you settle one set of omonile, another set of omonile will come harassing you. If you tell them that you've already settled them, they'll tell you they don't know anything about the ones you've settled and you must give them another money. These people are not much different from armed robbers, I hope the government puts a stop to this menace frustrating property owners.

1 Like

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by pegix(m): 11:03am On Feb 10, 2021
No be only north hoodlum dey sha
.see dix huge amount for thugs
Anoda sign Nigeria is still a bitch ass 3rd world country
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Odinaka00(m): 11:03am On Feb 10, 2021
Nonexistent:
That's all they do. Very lazy lots who will rather take pride in agbero business than work hard. Very soon the Igbos will buy up their remaining lands and they relocate to the lagoon. They will be using canoe to come out from the lagoon to collect their omo onile. Fools

This is totally not necessary, I would feel so bad if anyone calls my tribes men fools please watch what you comment

3 Likes

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by FuckThaMod: 11:03am On Feb 10, 2021
Kondomatic:
If you hear them talk about "accommodating" other tribes, you would think they give free lands and houses.
grin grin grin grin grin they even sound like they feed people there.

1 Like

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Mitsurugi(m): 11:04am On Feb 10, 2021
OakRealtorsNG:
Na real Derkin grin

Go school... NO! grin
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by redcliff: 11:04am On Feb 10, 2021
God would forbid that i buy a land in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by FuckThaMod: 11:05am On Feb 10, 2021
SuperBold:

Some one will tell me igbos mean well for Yoruba, according to them Yoruba are lazy, tivs are lazy, Hausa are stupid, Benin are lazy, it's only them that are hardworking. Is it a mistake these mentioned people sell land to igbos? Imagine if Igbos are as powerful as Fulani, God help us
Be thankful igbos are even paying for your lands.. Very soon fulani will take full control and you won't see a cent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex + 2 Flats / The Most Expensive House In Nigeria / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.