Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! (2574 Views)

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) / Christianity Has Lost The Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by aadoiza: 8:41am On Feb 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So has your phones, cars, school, your rulers etc so enslave you.

Now did you blame your phone or car or political party? No the proper thing to blame is ALWAYS A PERSON

A Good book in the hand of a bad person will stil not prevent an evil man from doing wicked works.
Precise and brilliant.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by aadoiza: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2021
Please post more often if you could oaroloye.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2021
aadoiza:

Precise and brilliant.

Thank you, most humbly! cheesy
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Amujale(m): 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
A Good book in the hand of a bad person will stil not prevent an evil man from doing wicked works.

Similar to all the foreign extremist ideologically based narratives, the Christian bible is tool of conquerors, manufactured specifically for those reasons.

You haven't answered my question.

Amujale:

Explain how a tool that was used to physically enslave innocent people and is being used to mentally enslave innocent people is meant to be the best thing?
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Amujale(m): 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So has your phones, cars, school....

Stop veering off on a tangent.

Answer my question.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Amujale(m): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2021
Given the fact that Christianity was introduced to the continent on equal footing with murder, looting, plunder and the desecration that occurred during colonisation and slavery and that they are foreign extremist ideologies, they haven't merely betrayed us, they are one of the major reasons the continent is the way that it is today.

It's pretty simple, we MUST bin all these foreign extremist ideologies and concentrate our focus on reality.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2021
Amujale:

Similar to all the foreign extremist ideologically based narratives, the Christian bible is tool of conquerors, manufactured specifically for those reasons.

You haven't answered my question.

If you have read the Bible you would have seen that it is Mostly Reportive and not Recommendatory, which is what Books of Conquerorship and Rule do.

The Bible is Merely Advisory and Not Directive.

As I said, an evil man can still perpetrate wickedness using the children's book "A for Apple, B for boy, C.for cup..!"

The simplest answer is, A wicked man must do wickedness and everything in hands can be used to cause evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2021
Amujale:

Stop veering off on a tangent.

Answer my question.

I have answered your question "A cotton wool in the hands of a wicked man is a dangerous weapon!"

It's as simple as that!
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Amujale(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
Amujale:

Explain how a tool that was used to physically enslave innocent people and is being used to mentally enslave innocent people is meant to be the best thing?

Dtruthspeaker:

I have answered your question "A cotton wool in the hands of a wicked man is a dangerous weapon!"

It's as simple as that!

That's inconsequential jibberjabber, try again, and here kindly answer my question.

It isn't a trick question.

1 Like

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Amujale(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If you have read the Bible you would have seen that it is Mostly Reportive and not Recommendatory.

Pass me with all that inconsequential gibberish and answer my questions.

Why are you peddling fakery and falsehood?

Amujale:

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Dtruthspeaker: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Amujale:

That's is inconsequential jibberjabber, try again, and here kindly answer my question.

You have something in mind that you have not disclosed for even this morning when a persons says

Amujale:

It is interpreted thus,
"Explain how A Tool (broom, belts, sex, food) that was used to physically enslave innocent people [eg (children) by our mothers, my mother, many of our mothers)] and is being used to mentally enslave innocent people,[eg (men, husbands, fathers) by your mother, my mother and wives)] be the best thing? Completion of statement "be the best thing that ever happened?"

On their own force is Broom, Belt, Sex, Food is there any wrong with them?

But in the hands of wicked men, they are Weapons of Destruction, Death, Stealing and Robbery etc.

So also is the Bible, it is innocent of those accusaions you make of it and it is indeed the Best Gift men could ever receive as I have answered.

To accept it or refuse it, is your right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Amujale(m): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You can't answer a simple question.

It's pretty simple, we MUST bin all these foreign extremist ideologies and concentrate our focus on reality.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Amujale(m): 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So also is the Bible...

The Christian bible isn't a history textbook.

All the characters and stories are based on fiction, assuming you have any proof to the contrary, kindly provide them here.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
Amujale:

The Christian bible isn't a history textbook.

All the characters and stories are based on fiction, assuming you have any proof to the contrary, kindly provide them here.

The Bible is a Documentary Evidence so it Speaks and Must Speak for itself! And the Proof of its contents is seen all around the world eg Egypt and Israel, the Major players in the Bible are there for all to see.

Thus, when you were in school you were told about the stories of the Tortoise and the Hare, why the Tortoise's shell is cracked, why the tortoise is bald, the good son vs the bad son, the good wife vs the bad wife, and other stories.etc

What was the point or gain of those stories? To guide our way so that we do not make the same errors or mistakes they did on one hand and to obtain the similar Goodnesses they obtained on the other hand.

So whether it is a History Book or a Scary Fictional Novel, the most important thing is whether you use the information contained therein to improve yourself (and others) or destroy yourself (and others) or you can ultimately discard it as when a teacher was teaching in front of the class.

For me the lessons in the Bible are as if I eat Life giving Fruits and Foods everyday, keeping me refreshed, strong, healthy and wealthy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

When you were in school you were told about the stories of the Tortoise and the Hare, why the Tortoise's shell is cracked, why the tortoise is bald, the good son vs the bad son, the good wife vs the bad wife, and other stories.etc

What was the point or gain of those stories? To guide our way so that we do not make the same errors or mistakes they did on one hand and to obtain the similar Goodnesses they obtained on the other hand.

So whether it is a History Book or a Scary Fictional Novel, the most important thing is whether you use the information contained therein to improve yourself (and others) or destroy yourself (and others) or you can ultimately discard it as when a teacher was teaching in front of the class.

For me the lessons in the Bible are as if I eat Life giving Fruits and Foods everyday, keeping me refreshed, strong, healthy and wealthy!

Thanks and praises to all those that did whatever it is they did through the ages to make a copy of the unhistoric fictional in parts and mythological in others book available to an insignificant person like me!
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

Thanks and praises to all those that did whatever it is they did through the ages to make a copy available to an insignificant person like me!

I follow add to the Thanksgiving oh!

People do not know how lucky we are to have a Textbook to pass the exams of this wicked corrupt world!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by sonmvayina(m): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible is a Documentary Evidence so it Speaks and Must Speak for itself! And the Proof of its contents is seen all around the world eg Egypt and Israel, the Major players in the Bible are there for all to see.

Thus, when you were in school you were told about the stories of the Tortoise and the Hare, why the Tortoise's shell is cracked, why the tortoise is bald, the good son vs the bad son, the good wife vs the bad wife, and other stories.etc

I can boldly say "i had a student called Dtruthspeaker"....

You have really learnt something from me....

I like your style....

You knew everything i was saying was true...or did you do your own personal research...?

Like i told you, when the time comes, you will know.

And the truth will set you free , but first it will piss you off.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I follow add to the Thanksgiving oh!

He does not see how ridiculous he is writing in the foreign language inspired by the book he condemns instead of in his local language.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
sonmvayina:

I can boldly say "i had a student called Dtruthspeaker"....

You have really learnt something from me....

I like your style....

You knew everything i was saying was true...or did you do your own personal research...?

Like i told you, when the time comes, you will know.

And the truth will set you free , but first it will piss you off.

You are not the only one who has been saying this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by sonmvayina(m): 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

You are not the only one who has been saying this.

Now he is behaving like a good student..

Thanks budaatum..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by sonmvayina(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

He does not see how ridiculous he is writing in the foreign language inspired by the book he condemns instead of in his local language.

How else will you understand him??
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
sonmvayina:

Now he is behaving like a good student..

Thanks budaatum..

We should be humble teachers but it's hard for we are human and we too are learning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
sonmvayina:

How else will you understand him??

But is that not the same reason that we read the book he condemns, so we can understand the content of the book and be understood by the readers of the book?

That does not mean the book must become God!

As I pointed out below.

budaatum:

So, essentially, you understand God by what God inspired some people to write in a book instead of seeking God for your self so God can inspire you?

Did those that God inspired to write the book not inspire you with the following that they were inspired to write?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13207690_screenshot20210301165803_jpeg4f983478b1692807aabf8e6ee61ccd41

Or don't you just see the book as an imperfect man-made image of God?

1 Like

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by sonmvayina(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
To be sincere, these colonial mastets with their religion really did a number on us.
We African had a very distinctive spirituality that was second to none.
We clearly understood the concept of a creator God and the orishas as being part of God..And that these where laws and principles within us.
We had no concept of a devil or a god that rebeled against his creator. None, even when Bishop Ajayi crowther was translating the bible to yoruba he found no resemblance to the devil. He had to use Esu. Which is just an orisha of trickery and trade...

What we refer to as orishas is what the bible refers to as angels..

Now the catholic church has caught on by canonizing saints as orishas of different aspects of life.

St jude is the patron saint of difficult cases...(or st Rita)

What we had.

Oh, how foolish the black man has been.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
To be sincere, these colonial mastets with their religion really did a number on us.
We African had a very distinctive spirituality that was second to none.
We clearly understood the concept of a creator God and the orishas as being part of God..And that these where laws and principles within us.
We had no concept of a devil or a god that rebeled against his creator. None, even when Bishop Ajayi crowther was translating the bible to yoruba he found no resemblance to the devil. He had to use Esu. Which is just an orisha of trickery and trade...

What we refer to as orishas is what the bible refers to as angels..

Now the catholic church has caught on by canonizing saints as orishas of different aspects of life.

St jude is the patron saint of difficult cases...(or st Rita)

What we had.

Oh, how foolish the black man has been.

The one single thing we lacked was a book in which whatever ideas we had could have lived on, and that alone shows we had a lot more to learn.

However, Egypt, the oldest and most advanced and civilised society, by virtue of inventing the written word and writing it in stone, only made one single mistake, which was they forgot how to read what they had written due to hubris, really. They became so knowledgeable that they became Gods, and the wise know that Gods, like everything else, must eventually die in order to evolve, as in, be born again in a new body.

And that's where the Bible now comes in, the Old Testament, at least. You see, the Israelites wrote down the little they learnt in Egypt through their uneducated dim eyes while building the books of the Egyptians, which they then wrote in more accessible and mobile papyrus, the clue being, "so that it may be said that out of Egypt I called my Son the Logos" which many now worship in the anthropomorphized form of Jesus Christ who went to Egypt to learn.

So, when we read the Bible, we really are reading a corrupted distinct spirituality that came out of Africa, though I must confess that many are not aware and are too lazy to seek for fear of being troubled by what they may find. But those who do are like those who have eaten the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge and have then braved the cherubims with flaming sword and reached out to pluck of the Fruit of the Tree of Life and eaten so they may live forever as the Logos surely will. For though one may die on this earth, Seun has made it so that our words will live on long after we have departed.

Hence, God Seun Osewa, buda bows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
There is no betrayal in the GAME they were Politicians not Christians but no matter how much we try to enlighten you guys you will still argue based on the brainwashing those Politicians used on you!

True Christianity came when JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES knock on your door, that was how the book (Bible) told us that Jesus the one called Christ commissioned it. So if the Religion you're practicing wasn't brought to your door {Matthew 10:11-13} by preachers and teachers on foot {Romans 10:13-15} it's simply means the first people who came had another agenda not what Jesus laid down! John 10:8

Real Christianity was overshadowed by the politically oriented religion organized by the then Roman Emperor Constantine {Matthew 13:25} what God preserved throughout those dark ages was his word (Bible) whatever nonsense and ingredients they were fabricating meant nothing before JEHOVAH, Jesus (God's son) said about his prospective sheep "they will not follow a stranger but will run away from him because they don't know the voice of strangers" {John 10:5} this means most prospective Christians died in different forms of religions during those dark ages because they never heard the truth. But when resurrection begins Jesus will raise them back to life so that they can be taught by JWs (real Christians)

It was in 1914 when Jesus visited the earth after 1,880 years that he said goodbye to the earth that he began restructuring his group once again to kick off with the work he commissioned them to do in the first century. After five solid years of intensive training Jesus sent his newly reformed group known then as International Bible Students to begin the house to house and door to door preaching once again. So from 1919 to 2019 true Christianity was preached throughout the earth and all those who embraced it were taught how to LOVE their neighbours, they forgo all the past issues causing hatred among the nations {Matthew 5:43-48} they dropped all armful weapons {Matthew 26:52} they developed intense LOVE for fellow believers {John 13:34-35} they were meeting in smaller groups and encouraging one another on how to further the campaign! Hebrews 10:24-25

All these worked in their midst as God's Holy Spirit is working with them and they were able to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally {Isaiah 2:2-4} they had the same line of thought that makes people know them as uniquely different out of all the religions on planet earth! John 17:20-23

So the betrayal came not from true Christians but Politicians who disguised as worshipers of God as they came with Bibles in their hands. God's word often refer to politicians as BEASTS so Jesus fittingly define these Politicians as Wolves that will come in sheep's clothing! {Matthew 7:15} God's son explained further that it's the fruitage of what they brought to you that will reveal their true IDENTITY {Matthew 7:16-18} they may perform miraculous works even those who followed their teachings two may do likewise but Jesus said "they are workers of LAWLESSNESS (INIQUITY) Matthew 7:21-23

That's why none other than Jehovah's Witnesses Organization was able to cultivate the fruitage of God's Holy Spirit everywhere they go. Sure you will find bad eggs in every religion because we're imperfect humans but whenever you notice a gathering of imperfect humans yielding LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} Please! Please!! Please!!! Don't deceive yourself because that's the evidence of God's Holy Spirit at WORK in the midst of imperfect humans! James 2:18-26

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

True Christianity came when JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES knock on your door, that was how the book (Bible) told us that Jesus the one called Christ commissioned it.

Can you all see how some twist what is written to serve their own agenda?

Now imagine what it would have been like if there were no book!

The following, I think, is an adequate response, though my own hypocrisy must be noted.

budaatum:

Non- any of the three religions will say you are all misguided because you all seem to want to exclusively corner the God, though you all believe the God is the sole creator of all humans, and instead of being perfect in God's image, you create God according to the puny beliefs and images inside your tiny heads.

That's why I like the human teacher Jesus Christ. He not only said, "love your neighbours regardless of their religions, colours, gender or creeds", but "love your enemies even moreso, including those who slap your right cheek to whom you must turn the left cheek to be slapped seven times seventy times too", which if you did try would make your enemies become lovers of you in return, and the world a paradiso instead of wars all over the earth.

But I guess its as a smart person once said, with parenthesis being my addition:

"The Christian (and Judaic and Islam) ideal(s) have not been tried and found wanting. They have been found difficult; and left untried".
G.K. Chesterton

Or is it not true that all three religions insist you love your fellow human being? In fact, must you not read all three texts to properly practise any of them? Yet you all live by the bread alone and think the crappy beliefs inside your puny heads are what would matter to a Supreme God when what really matters is that you seek to understand how to Godly treat one another.

Pity, is what I say to you all. Pity. And I can not wait for the day the Holy Book of Nigeria becomes the Trinity of the Torah, NewTestament and the Quran. Perhaps then will we stop being malnourished from eating only bread and become the mighty nation that the Lord God has planned for us to become.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by sonmvayina(m): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

The one single thing we lacked was a book in which whatever ideas we had could have lived on, and that alone shows we had a lot more to learn.

However, Egypt, the oldest and most advanced and civilised society, by virtue of inventing the written word and writing it in stone, only made one single mistake, which was they forgot how to read what they had written due to hubris, really. They became so knowledgeable that they became Gods, and the wise know that Gods, like everything else, must eventually die in order to evolve, as in, be born again in a new body.

And that's where the Bible now comes in, the Old Testament, at least. You see, the Israelites wrote down the little they learnt in Egypt through their uneducated dim eyes while building the books of the Egyptians, which they then wrote in more accessible and mobile papyrus, the clue being, "so that it may be said that out of Egypt I called my Son the Logos" which many now worship in the anthropomorphized form of Jesus Christ who went to Egypt to learn.

So, when we read the Bible, we really are reading a corrupted distinct spirituality that came out of Africa, though I must confess that many are not aware and are too lazy to seek for fear of being troubled by what they may find. But those who do are like those who have eaten the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge and have then braved the cherubims with flaming sword and reached out to pluck of the Fruit of the Tree of Life and eaten so they may live forever as the Logos surely will. For though one may die on this earth, Seun has made it so that our words will live on long after we have departed.

Hence, God Seun Osewa, buda bows.

Can't you make your point without mentioning jesus, it is forbidden to mention the name of a false god..

Please try as much as pissible to stick to facts. Forget about jesus....he holds no importance..no matter how you suger coat your word salad.

Back to matter at hand..it was not much of writing down, but oral transmission of divine knowledge. .some people are charged with orally transmitting the knowledge from father to son, son to chidren. So on and so fault. The bible stories is still the retelling of the babylonian epics and myths. It is still about Enki and Enlil.
Jesus is just a story that is based on ancient tales about Marduk.Marduk is the son of Enki and the lugal dimmer ankia.(divine king of heavenan and earth). Just that Athanasius at the council of Nicea said he was both God and man, a human history was forged for him..probably by Eusebius..

God is the universal divine conciousenes. Not a man or human being.
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
You do not tell me what I can or can not mention, and I never called Jesus a God, though I did call Seun a God, and I bowed.

sonmvayina:

Can't you make your point without mentioning jesus, it is forbidden to mention the name of a false god...

1 Like

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
sonmvayina:

God is the universal divine conciousenes. Not a man or human being.

Elaborate. What is a divine consciousness?

1 Like

Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by sonmvayina(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
budaatum:

Elaborate. What is a divine consciousness?

I like using the word(divine) to diffetent it from ourselves.....

God is conciouseness.....the source of creation.....
Re: Colonial/imperialist Christianity Has Betrayed Us All! by budaatum: 9:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
sonmvayina:

I like using the word(divine) to diffetent it from ourselves.....

God is conciouseness.....the source of creation.....

You like? So how do you differ from anyone else who calls their God whatever they like?

Please know this. buda does not do divine, and buda definitely does not do "source of creation", as it implies a creator, which buda has no evidence whatsoever for, except for seun (with apologies for the repeated mentions), who created the Garden of Nairaland in which buda dwells and feasts on Fruits of Knowledge and Life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? / Is Freewill A Teaching Or Point Passed Across By The Bible? / Ghanian Bishop Accuses TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome Of Practising Occultism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.