Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did (757 Views)

Lady Rolls On The Floor Of A Bank After Scammers Withdrew All Her Money Via POS / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by freesoul12: 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
Elon Musk is the current richest man in the world after he overtake his business colleague, Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon.
Education is something rich people don't joke with in their life. Elon registered his children in Los Angeles at Mirman school, a private educational institute for gifted children that requires pupils to pass an IQ test, As you all expected Mirman school is for rich kids at least for you to enroll your ward, you must have 30000 dollars, while average student teacher ratio in America school is 16 to 1, Mirman school boast of a student ratio of 7 to 1 to tell you it a school with shocking standard. 

Musk withdrew his kid from the school disappointed, he said" The regular school weren't doing the things that I thought should be done! well, let's see what we can do, after he made this statement he established his school and named it AD ASTRA( WHICH MEANS TO THE STARS) 

One of the most advanced technological citadel of learning making huge waves in the world.

SHOCKING THINGS ABOUT THE SCHOOL HE ESTABLISHED THAT WILL AMAZE YOU

1. Children aren't conditioned to see learning as a race for grades

Unlike here in Nigeria and some other parts of the world, where school is synonymous to certificates and grades, where we also don't care about learning but grades and degrees. Elon musk's school doesn't treat learning that way.

2. As astra school students are not compelled to sit in class for many hours

You can leave school anytime you want, or leave a lecture room when you feel the class is getting too long, Elon believes it not how long lecture is but the quality. Sometimes students can be asked to come to school in a week.

3,Ad Astra school focuses on getting the students to know why and how not just giving students theories or bulky notes. Elon musk said "if you want to teach children how engines work, you wouldn't first teach them all about wrenches and all about screwdrivers. You would show them the engine, and ask how they would take it apart. Then, a very important thing happens, which is that the relevance of that tool becomes apparent"

4. As Astra makes children see school as a playing field.
Children likes to play, but Elon finds out that schools around the world don't make it look like they need to play, he said playing makes children grow mentally, emotionally, it makes them creative, healthier and learning enjoyable. He also stated that children in Ad Astra hate going on vacation. 

What is your take on this, do you think Elon is right? And would you love to learn in that kind of school or probably your kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by Perfectsouth(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
if I attended school like Astra from onset, the genuise in me would have been unleashed a long time ago..
I had trouble assimilating while I was in primary school due to the fact my family was always on the move..
Attended 6 primary schools and this affected me greatly.
Right now, if I put my mind to it, there is no engine I can't take apart and recouple..
I have alot of projects on my mind, just waiting for the right time and opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by NairaShops: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
see my signature for how to start a side hustle with just N50k and turn that into N400k in 30 days
Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Very correct...
I sincerely don't want my kids to go through the monotonous learning I went through. Make he Sha learn the basics, we go dey sort am later.

That's why I've been teaching him some programming languages. My son writes java no be school them teach am. And he's very young.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by HolySpiritFire(f): 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
Interesting. It's a pretty idea. It's okay to let them explore, healthily though.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by Freestainworld(m): 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
good school, without enjoying school, you won't assimilate what you are being taught.
Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by addexx: 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Perfectsouth:
if I attended school like Astra from onset, the genuise in me would have been unleashed a long time ago..
I had trouble assimilating while I was in primary school due to the fact my family was always on the move..
Attended 6 primary schools and this affected me greatly.
Right now, if I put my mind to it, there is no engine I can't take apart and recouple..
I have alot of projects on my mind, just waiting for the right time and opportunity

One simple question.

Who Asked You?

Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by Perfectsouth(m): 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
addexx:

One simple question.

Who Asked You?
your father should have taught you to mind your business on matters that doesn't concern you

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by addexx: 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
Perfectsouth:
your father should have taught you to mind your business on matters that doesn't concern you

My pops taught me everything I need to know. What yours didn't teach you is how not to use stories to try and mask the weight of your failure. Look in the mirror kiddo, you'll find your greatest impediment.

Re: Elon Musk Withdrew His Children From School And See What He Did by Perfectsouth(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
addexx:

My useless pops taught me everything failure I know.he also didn't teach me not to use stories to try and mask the weight of my failure. Since I looked in the mirror, I found my greatest impediment.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This Online Business I Am Doing: I Only Used ₦1,500 See My Live Profits / CBN, First Bank On Collision Course Over Removal Of MD/CEO / Can You Answer This Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.