Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? (4111 Views)

Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! / My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by felt: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2021
I struggle a lot because I don't have an emotional relationship with my dad. He never opened up about anything, not even his childhood, failures and all. He is well respected, so it always feel like a struggle to be as good as him. He is nicer to people outside and just cold at home. I don't even want him to be nice at this point because I am already used to him being cold, but I still hate it.

I grew up with a "2 parent" childhood. I say two because my parents have been together for about 30years and basically argued all through.. For about 15 years, have never slept in the same room.

It may sound crazy but I can tell you all my life, I ve seen him laugh just once with us, and that day, I was shocked and confused how to respond to it. If I never saw him happy with his friends, I d have thought he was never capable of it.

He never congratulated me, instead compares us with others. Even when I finished sec school, after the graduation event when everyone is happy, the first words from his mouth with a disgusting look was "no prizes" when he realised I didn't receive any graduation prize.

No one feels comfortable with him. We can't even be around close perimeter when he is around, we speak to him from a corner because of fear. It's extremely uncomfortable when you find yourself alone with him, because the only conversation is perhaps a complaint or talking about the future, and it is one-directional and controlling.

Yes, he didn't really beat us, but he was and is still distant and extremely controlling. If he entered the sitting room, we all left. He watches (TV) news alone and even if we just weren't interested, he makes us feel worse by asking us questions and ridiculing us for not knowing. And not a joke type of ridicule, but plain... "Are you stupid" type. The first time he saw me watching a movie at 14, he called me stupid watching people make money, instead of learning how to make mine. First time I genuinely asked him a question about something I didn't understand in my science book, he made me look so stupid. It made me doubt myself so bad and want to choke myself whenever I didn't understand anything. But looking back, how will I really fully understand something I ve never seen and a young age...at 13 years old. Infact the exact topic was on electromagnetism (Motors and generators).. I can cram the definitions and did relatively well in the tests, I was only looking for an actual understanding. I remember I will then read random abstract non-related books online to force myself to understand everything, and go in a loop when. I can't. Recently I ve tried to slowly and very consciously tell myself that it is okay not to understand sometimes.

The atmosphere around him is horrible. Very horrible. I hate being around him, I do. I am closer with my managers at work than him. I tend to bond more to strangers than home. And I am by no stretch a failure, I have achieved things that people would have doubted I did, but he never congratulated me. Instead he makes me feel bad for not doing it his way or not doing better. He compared me with many people growing up, but now I am better than them, he never congratulated me.

I don't like him. People say they love their dad. I basically simply do not!. I only feel appreciation towards him and tbh, I d love to gather and return all the money I think he may have spent on me growing up, so maybe I will feel free. I don't just like him.

To our Older people here,.. Please help me...

I m getting past my mid 20's and this is troubling me. I don't want to say this, but tbh, I hate him, I hate the person he made me become. I do understand people have fights with their spouses but I question what we (kids) really did to deserve this. What was our offence

Maybe my offence is existing and I am sorry for doing that Sir.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Mindlog: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2021
Sadly this is the story of many. Dealing with what in Psychology is regarded as Father wound is not easy.

"The father wound, which refers to father absenteeism, whether emotionally or both emotionally and physically, and/or your father being very critical, negative and even abusive character, can impact individuals and their future relationships in so many ways"

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Bola146(f): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2021
cry Exact example of my father. My siblings hate him like a shit but I do tell them we don't have two fathers expect him. He gave someone #1.3m without telling his children, but he will always see us struggling with our education, my mother made us who we are today without his support. Two of my siblings are now PhD holders, I'm a university graduate too, all glory to God Almighty. I have promised that God should help me, I'll take good care of him even till 100 years. What if you don't have any parents, you will still survive. Kindly learn to love him, get closer to God, pray and fast for your future to be bright. I wish you best of luck

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by duro4chang(m): 10:49am On Feb 13, 2021
You are here castigating your father here. You did not say anything about your mum. I know women are fond of turning the hearts of their children against their fathers. Have ever asked your mother what really happened?

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by HarunaWest(m): 10:57am On Feb 13, 2021
felt:
I grew up with a "2 parent" childhood. I say two because my parents have been together for about 30years and basically argued all through.. For about 15 years, have never slept in the same room.

Anyway with me, I struggle a lot because I don't have an emotional relationship with my dad. He never opened up about anything, not even his childhood, failures and all. He is well respected, so it always feel like a struggle to be as good as him. He is nicer to people outside and just cold at home. I don't even want him to be nice at this point because I am already used to him being cold, but I still hate it.

It may sound crazy but I can tell you all my life, I ve seen him laugh just once with us, and that day, I was shocked and confused how to respond to it. If I never saw him happy with his friends, I d have thought he was never capable of it.

He never congratulated me, instead compares us with others. Even when I finished sec school, the first words from his mouth with disgusting look was "no prizes" when he realised I didn't receive any graduation prize.

No one feels comfortable with him. We can't even be around close perimeter when he is around, we speak to him from a corner because of fear. It's extremely uncomfortable when you find yourself alone with him, because the only conversation is perhaps a complaint or talking about the future, and it is controlling.

Yes, he didn't really beat us, but he was and is still distant and extremely controlling. If he entered the sitting room, we all left. He watches (TV) news alone and even if we just weren't interested, he makes us feel worse by asking us questions and ridiculing us for not knowing. And not a joke type of ridicule, but plain... "Are you stupid" type. The first time he saw me watching a movie, he called me stupid for watching people make money. First time I genuinely asked him a question about something I didn't understand in my science book, he made me look so stupid. It made me doubt myself so bad and want to choke myself whenever I didn't understand anything. Bet then, how will I really fullly understand something I ve never seen. I remember I will read random abstract books online to force myself to understand everything, and go in a loop when. I can't. I m just slowly beginning to consciously tell myself that it is okay not to understand sometimes.

The atmosphere around him is horrible. Very horrible. I hate being around him, I do. I am closer with my managers at work than him. I tend to bond more to strangers than home. And I am by no stretch a failure, I have achieved things that people would have doubted I did, but he never congratulated me. Instead he makes me feel bad for not doing it his way or not doing better. He compared me with many people growing up, but now I am better than them, he never congratulated me.

I don't like him. People say they love their dad. I basically simply do not!. I only feel appreciation towards him and tbh, I d love to gather and return all the money I think he may have spent on me growing up, so maybe I will feel free. I don't just like him.

To our Older people here,.. Please help me...

I m getting past my mid 20's and this is troubling me. I don't want to say this, but tbh, I hate him, I hate the person he made me become. I do understand people have fights with their spouses but I question what we (kids) really did to deserve this. What was our offence
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2021
HarunaWest:

You mum has successfully made you to disdain your dad.
Did he say anything regarding his mom turning them against the dad?
If you can't advice, don't jump into conclusions.
You and duro4chang

22 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by HarunaWest(m): 11:03am On Feb 13, 2021
cchub:

You and duro4chang
He wouldn't mention his mum cos he sees his mum as an Angel and his dad as the Devil..Won't a good wife advice the man on how to treat his kids if she notices that he doesn't treat them proper?
The mum sat down there and the kids are hating the man everyday and she is happy about it cos that's what she wants. She hates her husband so the kids should hate him as well.
Won't a good wife give a man peace of mind in his house, marriage isn't by force..If there's no peace why not leave?

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by felt: 11:08am On Feb 13, 2021
I deliberately kept this to my dad alone because recently I had to deal with him on various issues.
My relationship with my mum is essentially dead! I live two worlds with her. Most of our conversations is me listening to her fights with my dad and things I don't believe in. The only thing is that at least I can stand beside her while she talks and at the very least, I can communicate basic things with her, like "help me buy this foodstuff"

Tbh, its a totally big topic with my mum, but I think I prefer to keep this one sided for now... None of them have an idea about my personal life.

I don't know the feeling when people put their mum online and say nice things there, infact when she calls me about "mothers day" I genuinely feel manipulated

cchub
HarunaWest

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Mindlog: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2021
duro4chang:
You are here castigating your father here. You did not say anything about your mum. I know women are fond of turning the hearts of their children against their fathers. Have ever asked your mother what really happened?

The relationship between his parent is strained, now how should that prevent the father from exuding warmth to his children? Why do they have to fear him? Why has his children observed that he is nicer to people outside and just cold at home with them, is that not deception? He brought forth these children into the world and there are OBLIGATIONS beyond material provisions he owes them.

A man bonding with his child/children is never the responsibility of the child's mother, it must be self-generated. Who tells or teaches a baby to smile when the face of his/her father comes within vision? Bonding starts at that elementary stage. A child needs the affirmation of the father as many who grew up without it, tend to struggle emotionally through life.

His parents had no business with the continued cohabitation, probably to give the outward impression that their marriage is still intact while their children suffer.

No parent has the right to birth and raise broken children as no child should be made to pay for the irrationalities of one or both parents.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by HarunaWest(m): 11:14am On Feb 13, 2021
felt:
My relationship with my mum is essentially dead! I live two worlds with her. Most of our conversations is about her fights with my dad and things I don't believe in. The only thing is that at least I can stand beside her while she talks.

Tbh, its a totally big topic with my mum, totally different, I don't want to say I hate her, but we are both non existent emotionally. None of them know anything about my

Like I said, the only thing I actually have with them both is monetary appreciation.

cchub
HarunaWest
Okay this is a precarious situation then.
It's obvious that your dad and mum ain't happy and you guys are suffering the brunt. However, I will implore you to be at peace with them no matter the provocation. Ignore their bad sides and appreciate their good sides. Don't let words get to you, shield your heart from thought-provoking speech or gestures. Some parents don't know how to act like parents. Don't blame them, it's probably due to how some of them were raised as well. You should aspire to be better than them. Cheers and have a happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by dominique(f): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2021
I knew this topic wouldn't get up to 5 replies before they start blaming the man's failure at parenting at the wife. In reality we know what's happening. Most men don't bond with their kids, they feel the only thing they owe their kids is money, they push their kids away with too much strictness. Once the children are old and on their feet, they want to start getting close but it becomes awkward, they blame the mother for turning their kids against them.

Don't bond with your kids you hear, continue pushing them away because you can conveniently blame your failure at parenting at their mother. We're in the generation of woke kids, if you do anyhow you see anyhow. Let's even look at it critically, how can one person have so much power to turn you against your own parent? That further proves how much the father had failed in parenting.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Gloriagee(f): 11:18am On Feb 13, 2021
What's your gender? This is your father's true nature, unfortunately. Please try to do better when you have your family. Your mum sounds like a victim of emotional abuse. If you can get some therapy, by all means do. Otherwise cut yourself some slack, dont look for love where u cant get any n be deliberate about your choices and happiness.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by felt: 11:21am On Feb 13, 2021
I struggled with a lot of anxiety and was too forgetful. God.. I remember crawling on my knees round the compound over 20times bruising myself when I misplaced my phone, because I just didn't want him to know. I felt so bad.

My dad often had this phrase. Did you decide not to do it, or your brain was not working and told you to be stupid. And he ALWAYS demanded an answer
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by felt: 11:26am On Feb 13, 2021
Bola146:
cry Exact example of my father. My siblings hate him like a shit but I do tell them we don't have two fathers expect him. He gave someone #1.3m without telling his children, but he will always see us struggling with our education, my mother made us who we are today without his support. Two of my siblings are now PhD holders, I'm a university graduate too, all glory to God Almighty. I have promised that God should help me, I'll take good care of him even till 100 years. What if you don't have any parents, you will still survive. Kindly learn to love him, get closer to God, pray and fast for your future to be bright. I wish you best of luck

For me, it's a bit different because he actually paid our fees and all monetary needs. But I felt so bad I made sure I had admisssions to Federal uni with cheap sch fees and the money I borrowed to set myself up after school, I stylishly organised it and returned it back
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by SeaTrade(m): 11:29am On Feb 13, 2021
I am not alone in this after all.
Mine was loving,very loving while we were growing up.
I had the best childhood anyone can ever dream of,but then he left at some point.
Life wasn't ever difficult after that because my mom is a woman of means,but then there was still a void materialism couldn't fill.
Skip to a couple of years when it was time to go to university after my little escapades,my mom sent me to him so he could help out with the while process,then I found out who he truly is.
I went through ridicule,stress,voids,a lot of criticism and worst of all he tried to force religion on me which i hate so much and ended up sending me out of his house for being a rebel and all that,just because I hate their nonsense idea of religion,yahweh and all that BS.
That was how I,a very young lad at the time(about to turn 21) entered into the streets and lived like I had no one on earth!
Started some things on my own,got into trouble a lot,my mom helped me out a lot too through thick,thin and even bankruptcy.
Today a nigga is good and dude is trying to force himself and his family on me lol.
One thing about me is "I am the devil himself",I don't forgive or forget under no circumstance and it's very easy for me to cut people off and be alone.
At the same time,I am very nice to the people around me and is very loyal to the people that made me and helped out while I was literally a street rat with no prospects, a dropout and all(I will never forget how my yoruba friend we met in school helped me out of the little he had,still loyal to him till date).
But as for that nigga,we are done!!! cheesy
Just be yourself and keep achieving your dreams man,there are always better people to meet ahead in life,true people.

6 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by CHoccolaTE: 11:31am On Feb 13, 2021
dominique:
I knew this topic wouldn't get up to 5 replies before they start blaming the man's failure at parenting at the wife. In reality we know what's happening. Most men don't bond with their kids, they feel the only thing they owe their kids is money, they push their kids away with too much strictness. Once the children are old and on their feet, they want to start getting close but it becomes awkward, they blame the mother for turning their kids against them.

Don't bond with your kids you hear, continue pushing them away because you can conveniently blame your failure at parenting at their mother. We're in the generation of woke kids, if you do anyhow you see anyhow. Let's even look at it critically, how can one person have so much power to turn you against your own parent? That further proves how much the father had failed in parenting.

Can you imagine the nonsense?
Look at the foolish comments stupid males have started making
"It is the duty of the mother to pull the children closer to father"

honestly, I have never met a set of men so unwilling to be be accountable for anything. They want to be leaders and claim they are superior to females but they dont want to take responsibility for anything.
Even when a father treats his children like crap their idiotic selves will still look for how to justify his actions and blame the mother.

Let the tables be turned and a guy comes here to complain about his bad mother you will never see them blaming the father or even opening their mouths to say the father has any role to play in fostering unity in the house even though fathers are supposed to be leaders of the home.

Very disgusting people.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 13, 2021
dominique:

Nigerian women hardly support their husband financially. How do expect men to balance work and family time when they are probably financing everything in their homes?
Majority of Nigerian men have little free time and they prefer to spend it on themselves. Things will be different if women support more.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by felt: 11:37am On Feb 13, 2021
Gloriagee:
What's your gender? This is your father's true nature, unfortunately. Please try to do better when you have your family. Your mum sounds like a victim of emotional abuse. If you can get some therapy, by all means do. Otherwise cut yourself some slack, dont look for love where u cant get any n be deliberate about your choices and happiness.
I m male and thanks. I hold off even being fully serious with anyone because I often feel like I don't know myself well enough to want to bring someone into it. My mum actually did abuse me aswell, but I know it was due to ignorance. But well
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 13, 2021
Rubbish. No one is responsible for his father's actions but his father.

duro4chang:
[s]You are here castigating your father here. You did not say anything about your mum. I know women are fond of turning the hearts of their children against their fathers. Have ever asked your mother what really happened?[/s]
HarunaWest:

[s]You mum has successfully made you to disdain your dad.Thats what women do, they are manipulative and you will grow up to be manipulated as well if you aren't careful. Many of you don't have an idea what many married men go through for their children's sake. It's a woman's duty to bring her children and father closer. Cos no matter what we say kids bond with their mum more than dad.
I used to beef my dad too until I grew up and realized that my mum was the one I should be beefing instead. [/s]

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Mindlog: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2021
justosee:

Nigerian women hardly support their husband financially. How do expect men to balance work and family time when they are probably financing everything in their homes?
Majority of Nigerian men have little free time and they prefer to spend it on themselves. Things will be different if women support more.

Earning a living is not an excuse not to have time for your children. Ok, that little free time they have which they spend on themselves, what do they spend it doing? Reason I shake my head when I see most fathers acting surprised when their sons or daughters have been admitted into the psychiatric facility I work in.

Those women you see in the markets, by the roadsides and hawking around, hustling to eke out a livelihood for their family, are they not also Nigerian women? Is that also an excuse not to have time for her child/children?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by CHoccolaTE: 11:45am On Feb 13, 2021
justosee:

That is a very big lie, countless times we have heard stories of how mothers single handedly sponsored their kids through school sometimes while the father spends his money on women or frivolities, apart from that a very large part of the workforce in Nigeria is made up of women, market women, hairdressers, tailors, food vendors, beauticians, party planners, even cleaners, nurses, teachers, lecturers, secretaries, PAs, doctors, engineers, etc.
So many professions women do to support the family while handing housework and childcare but they don't get any acknowledgement.

With the way Nigeria is hard its not possible for only the hubband to be in charge of providing, how much is the average salary earner getting?

So sorry for the side talk op. Please try and heal from the scars of your dad's harsh treatment and emotional abuse. Try your best to be financially independent so you can seperate yourself from him and heal emotionally. Trust me, he will grow old and lonely and start regretting how he acted towards you when he was younger.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2021
Mindlog:

Earning a living is not an excuse not to have time for your children. Ok, that little free time they have which they spend on themselves, what do they spend it doing?

Those women you see in the markets, by the roadsides and hawking around hustling to eke out a livelihood for their family, are they not also Nigerian women? Is that also an excuse not to have time for her child/children?
Some of these women spend their money on themselves. They wait for their husband's money to buy even salt for cooking.
The man gradually become frustrated from too much, and he start pouring the anger on his home. He feel cheated because no one value all the time he spend working for the family. He takes refuge in the company of other men who are passing through similar problems.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Mindlog: 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2021
justosee:
Some of these women spend their money on themselves. They wait for their husband's money to buy even salt for cooking.
The man gradually become frustrated from too much, and he start pouring the anger on his home. He feel cheated because no one value all the time he spend working for the family. He takes refuge in the company of other men who are passing through similar problems.

And we still get to hear so many stories of male and female graduates appreciating their mothers for seeing them through school? Some even go to where their mothers have been hustling to present them their certificates.

We first work for ourselves to give us a sense of value and identity before linking it to our dependants. A man abandons the ship he is supposed to be the captain and takes refuge in external influences then still expects that when he is old and grey, when those friends, women, alcohol etc have faded away, the wife and adult children to be his refuge?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

That is a very big lie, countless times we have heard stories of how mothers single handedly sponsored their kids through school sometimes while the father spends his money on women or frivolities, apart from that a very large part of the workforce in Nigeria is made up of women, market women, hairdressers, tailors, food vendors, beauticians, party planners, even cleaners, nurses, teachers, lecturers, secretaries, PAs, doctors, engineers, etc.
So many professions women do to support the family while handing housework and childcare but they don't get any acknowledgement.

With the way Nigeria is hard its not possible for only the hubband to be in charge of providing, how much is the average salary earner getting?

So sorry for the side talk op. Please try and heal from the scars of your dad's harsh treatment and emotional abuse. Try your best to be financially independent so you can seperate yourself from him and heal emotionally. Trust me, he will grow old and lonely and start regretting how he acted towards you when he was younger.
Men are normally the breadwinners in almost every Nigerian home. A few cases of women taking care of their kids does not change the truth.
Women earn lesser than men on the average and most of the market women, headdressers etc, spend their money on makeup and other personal stuff. some women prefer to send money to their siblings instead of helping their husband.

So your advice to him is that he abandon his father and make him feel lonely in old age? The man still paid OP school fees which is enough reason to treat him well.
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
Mindlog:

And we still get to hear so many stories of male and female graduates appreciating their mothers for seeing them through school? Some even go to where their mothers have been hustling to present them their certificates.

We first work for ourselves to give us a sense of value and identity before linking it to our dependants. A man abandons the ship he is supposed to be the captain and takes refuge in external influences then still expects that when he is old and grey, when those friends, women, alcohol etc have faded away, the wife and adult children to be his refuge?
No one appreciate the man for sending his kids to school because it is normal. The rare cases of women seeing their kids through school always make the headline.

That the OP father paid his school fees and he is still being criticized should tell you how men are judged unfairly.

What if the man saved all his money instead of wasting it on food, accommodation and school fees?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Mindlog: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
justosee:

No one appreciate the man for sending his kids to school because it is normal. The rare cases of women seeing their kids through school always make the headline.

That the OP father paid his school fees and he is still being criticized should tell you how men are judged unfairly.

What if the man saved all his money instead of wasting it on food, accommodation and school fees?

Then he has no business bringing children into this world, he can spend part of that savings on paying women who will provide him sexual release whenever he feels like without obligations after the act.

So you see with this way of life, he would not worry himself with baby diapers, food, school fees etc....he will be a free bird as long as his fluid did not result to a child.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by CHoccolaTE: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2021
justosee:

Men are normally the breadwinners in almost every Nigerian home. A few cases of women taking care of their kids does not change the truth.
Women earn lesser than men on the average and most of the market women, headdressers etc, spend their money on makeup and other personal stuff. some women prefer to send money to their siblings instead of helping their husband.

So your advice to him is that he abandon his father and make him feel lonely in old age? The man still paid OP school fees which is enough reason to treat him well.

It's not a few cases, in almost all cases women are co breadwinners, and they spend their money on the family. Who told you they spend it on only personal stuff? Are you the one buying the personal stuff for them?

Whether they earn lesser or not doesn't mean they don't contribute financially, they hustle morning till evening and still find time to care for their children, cook, keep the house clean.
Many fathers will return from work and balance in front of television and start barking orders at everybody without taking time to bond with kids or develop a relationship with them, then they turn around in future to blame their wives for everything.

I didn't ask op to abandon his father, if you read his post properly you will see where he said his father's presence is very scary and has traumatised him. If you read his post you would have seen where he said his father constantly brings him down and does not act friendly or show love to him. Why on earth should op hang around a person that ruined his self esteem and emotionally abused him?

5 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by duro4chang(m): 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
cchub:

You and duro4chang
You will soon understand. Continue to type . One day you will blame yourself for this post of yours.
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
Mindlog:

Then he has no business bringing children into this world, he can spend part of that savings in paying women who will provide him sexual release whenever he feels like without obligations after the act.

So you see with this way of life, he would not worry himself with baby diapers, food, school fees etc....he will be a free bird as long as his fluid did not result to a child.

He has to bring kids into this world to fulfil all righteousness same way his parents brought him into this world. That he took care of you financially is enough reason to take care of him in old age.
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Klass99(f): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Mindlog: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
justosee:

He has to bring kids into this world to fulfil all righteousness same way his parents brought him into this world. That he took care of you financially is enough reason to take care of him in old age.

To fulfil all righteousness! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

It's not a few cases, in almost all cases women are co breadwinners, and they spend their money on the family. Who told you they spend it on only personal stuff? Are you the one buying the personal stuff for them?

Whether they earn lesser or not doesn't mean they don't contribute financially, they hustle morning till evening and still find time to care for their children, cook, keep the house clean.
Many fathers will return from work and balance in front of television and start barking orders at everybody without taking time to bond with kids or develop a relationship with them, then they turn around in future to blame their wives for everything.

I didn't ask op to abandon his father, if you read his post properly you will see where he said his father's presence is very scary and has traumatised him. If you read his post you would have seen where he said his father constantly brings him down and does not act friendly or show love to him. Why on earth should op hang around a person that ruined his self esteem and emotionally abused him?

co breadwinners by spending money on makeup and their siblings?

men do take care of other demanding chores like fixing electricity and other stuff.

The OP father may have treated him badly but sent him to school which is enough reason to not abandon him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beware Of This Dangerous Plant! / One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise / A Complete Guide To When, What And How To Start Your Baby On Solid Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.