Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges (31802 Views)

US Senate Passes $95.3b Package For Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan And Indo-pacific / Senate Acquits President Trump Of Impeachment Charges / Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Crimrburster: 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
The US Senate has failed to gather enough votes to convict former President Donald Trump, after a Democrat-led impeachment trial. Trump had been accused of "incitement of insurrection" after his supporters rioted on Capitol Hill.

Trump was impeached last month, for the second time, over his words to supporters on January 6, when he encouraged them to "fight like hell" against what he maintained was a "rigged election."

Though Trump had urged his followers to protest the certification of the election "peacefully and patriotically, "some of these supporters went on to force their way inside the US Capitol, with the ensuing riot briefly halting the certification process.

One Trump supporter was shot dead by Capitol police, a police officer died in unclear circumstances, and three other participants died of "health emergencies" during the fracas. Two police officers committed suicide in the days following the riot.

Democrats accusing Trump of inciting the debacle displayed video montages of the ex-president firing up his supporters at rallies and speeches, while Trump's defense team played footage of Democrats making similarly incendiary speeches to their own followers and suffering no legal blowback.

With Trump now cleared of all charges, the former president is free to run again for office if he so wishes, a move that a majority of Republican voters say they would support.

https://www.rt.com/usa/515512-senate-acquits-trump-impeachment/

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
57-43

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Heffalump(m): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
Only 34 votes needed to acquit Trump. With the majority of GOP senators standing in support of the former president, simply because they do not want to betray the party, it was very obvious that the impeachment trial was just a hoarse! With about 50 GOP Senators, at least 34 is very easy to come by so as to scuttle any impeachment.

Well, kudos to the Republican senators that showed higher degree of solidarity in the trial. I believe that Trump haven been removed by ballot should be allowed to rest in peace in his private home. He's suffered huge embarrassment already and I expect him never to flex muscles ever again even as a retired president.

80 Likes 13 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by GOVERNMENT2: 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2021
BABY KILLERS WILL NOT LIKE THIS NEWS sad

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by sammyscholar(m): 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2021
Who knows the situation of coronavirus in the USA now?

CNN is no longer beating the drum of casualties of the pandemic loud as they did under Trump.

395 Likes 17 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Tulsaguy: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
Diaper Donnie escaped today.

Tomorrow is another day to end the political career of the President the chest beaters never had.

Jubilation should have erupted in a part of Nigeria by now. grin

I come in peace. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by HeadNigga: 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
I don't know how to react to this
Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by kolnel: 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
As expected

7 Likes

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by lekki1444: 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
cheesy usa 419 country

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Doings: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Just the news i needed today.

14 Likes

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Petyprince: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Trump today, Trump tomorrow, Trump forever. He is the true son of God. The devil can't touch him. He will be back real soon

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by ReubenE(m): 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
CNN might run out of news, one week from now.

I've never seen journalists so hate filled and partisan.
From John King, to Don Lemon, Jake Tapper, to Anderson Cooper etc they are so so partisan and very annoying.

Trump behaves like a child too though

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Nomorelove: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Buhari dey ment

3 Likes

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by potent5(m): 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Team Trump wins again.

Shame to demonic democrats and their agents in Nigeria, ee fee cee.

After all, there's Goduo.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Sircarma99: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nice one.

5 Likes

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Ekpekus(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Saw it coming so not surprised.
Democrats were all about hunting the "demon" of Trump. Now that he has been cleared and this out of the way, Democrats should face the reason they were elected in office squarely.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by oluwasegun007(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Politics today...

My nigga is coming back..

But he's not gonna smell that White House again.
Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Trump's lawyers totally destroyed the demoncrats so hard with facts and REAL evidence at the baseless impeachment hearings. It was so satisfying to watch to be honest.

Democrats are the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. Heck, I would even choose the APC over them anyday anytime. Tufia!

Below is Trump's lawyer exposing their blatant hypocrisy, doctored "evidence" and double standards for 30+ solid minutes. Worth watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjnX4IUt_eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1Rwlztapg

Trump still has my support 101%. Orange man will be back!

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by naijadrivablog: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
cheesy

I told you that is all FAKE NEWS!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by IamPlato(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2021

I stand with trump

What were you expecting before...

Trump is a winning man.... Fvck haterz

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by PAWG(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
Good, let him enjoy his retirement in peace

3 Likes

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Clasmanj(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
Job well done
Kudos 43

4 Likes

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by gasparpisciotta: 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
American drama; make into a movie and sell to Netflix
Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by jericco1(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
Everything has been swept under the carpet

1 Like

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Patrioticman007(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
We want the return of Dump Trumpet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Heterodox(m): 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
Heffalump:
Only 34 votes needed to acquit Trump. With the majority of GOP senators standing in support of the former president, simply because they do not want to betray the party, it was very obvious that the impeachment trial was just a hoarse! With about 50 GOP Senators, at least 34 is very easy to come by so as to scuttle any impeachment.

Well, kudos to the Republican senators that showed higher degree of solidarity in the trial. I believe that Trump haven been removed by ballot should be allowed to rest in peace in his private home. He's suffered huge embarrassment already and I expect him never to flex muscles ever again even as a retired president.
STFU

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by Ellasure: 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
Beginning of the second coming of the Trumpeters. The future is loaded.

4 Likes

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by emmyN(m): 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
[s]
Heffalump:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges by baggioni: 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
grin
At last. Congrats to Mr Trump

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Snake Found On A Plane In Australia, Passengers Stranded / Police Put “Red Alert” On S.African Borders To Ensure Grace Mugabe Doesn't Flee / Philippine: Volcano Spews Ash, Steam And Lava. 8,000 People Evacuated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.