Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque (50616 Views)

Two Suspected One-Chance Robbers Escape As Mob Tries To Set Them Ablaze / Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos) / Army Razes Down Azagbene, Ekeremor Bayelsa over killing of two Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Northurmate: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
Violence continues in some parts of Sasa Market, Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State, with hoodlums defying curfew to set more shops belonging to Northerners on fire.

Over 50 shops and a mosque are affected in the new wave of arson on Sunday morning.

In an interview with DAILY NIGERIAN on Sunday, the chairman of Sasa Market Traders, Usman Yako, said looting and arson still continued in the market on Sunday morning.

“Over 50 tailoring shops have been razed down this morning. A mosque near the tailoring shop was also torched,” Mr Yako said.

Another Hausa resident of Sasa, Danlami Abubakar, told DAILY NIGERIAN that the state government was not doing enough to protect them.

He said they were also alerted on Sunday morning that the hoodlums might attack Northerners living in Sabo-Ibadan.

“This morning, we received reports that the hoodlums are planning to attack our people at Sabo-Ibadan. Unless action is quickly taken, the violence will spread to the area,” he said.

“I am appealing to the federal government to come to our rescue to avert more killings and destruction of property.”

Sources told DAILY NIGERIAN that there is no adequate security cover at residence of Sarkin Sasa, Haruna Maiyasin, who houses over 6,000 displaced Northerners.

At least 10 people have been killed, 70 sustained gunshots injuries and over 30 declared missing in the wake of the attack, according to the market union leader.

On Saturday, Governor Seyi Makinde imposed a curfew on the area and shut the market indefinitely.

A statement by Taiwo Adisa, the spokesman for Governor Seyi Makinde, indicated that the governor gave the order to forestall breakdown of law and order in the area.

The curfew is to run from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m.

The statement warned residents of the affected area to go about their legitimate businesses peacefully, stating that anyone caught perpetrating violence will face the wrath of the law.

Source: https://dailynigerian.com/violence-continues-sasa-mob/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by ShobayoEmma(m): 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
Buhari and Tinubu caused it all.

However, who is more stupid between a mad man and a person who gives a mad man a gun?

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by yesloaded: 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
Please let's peace reign

I don't trust this dailynigerian website, I suspect foul play

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by INnaMAN: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2021
confront criminal herders those simps no go gree,na innocent hausa people dem go dey attack

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Elvictor: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2021
Are Ibadan people Yoruba?

grin cheesy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Bluntguy: 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2021
Elvictor:
Are Ibadan people Yoruba?

grin cheesy
No they are Indians. Does that answer your question?

284 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by 1nigeriamyfoot: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2021
Cc

Seun, lalasticlala

This is more credible than propaganda on front page coming from dailynigerian

Dailynigerian is just a propaganda blog step up to paint Southerners as evils

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by dangotesmummy: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2021
Smh

Nigerian Politicians are the genesis of all this madness

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Bola146(f): 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
GSM has totally failed! Oyo state is not safe anymore, unless God knows what is really going on. Destroying lives and properties

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by willyo(m): 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
Yoruba wan wake up? Afonja na sleeping lion. E nor dey wake till eternity grin

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by ena5four(m): 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
To Revolutionize This Country Ehn, Even The Innocents Seff Go Hear Am grin Dah One Nah Constant

15 Likes

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by EyezofGod120: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
angry this people go dey form actors for another man region dem papa,,if no be say Fulani get federal backup ni, dem for don suffer,,but dem sufferness still dey ahead,,

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by NwaAmaikpe: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
shocked

These hoodlums should be guided.
Why will they raze the mosques too?

Have they forgotten that there are more Muslims than Christians in the SouthWest and majority of us who are Yoruba Muslims also pray in mosques.

This is starting to seem like a joke taken too far. This was how the Northern riots started in 1967.
Please
Please
Please
Enough of the mayhem.

If we could give up part of Kwara/Ilorin to the caliphate and turn it to an emirate; why can't we let them have some parts of Ondo and Oyo so that peace will reign?

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Brendaniel: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
If the southwest is not careful they will start having IDP camps like the north, I sincerely pray it doesn't get to that...

[s]
post=99068770:
This Violence must STOP with immediate effect.

With a stern voice and in a strict manner, addressing the evil ones among the Fulani herdsmen,
This is what our darling Daddy should come out to say in few hours from now on National TV.

I am cattle rearer myself.
I have cattles.
That is my business,
And that is your livelihood also.
I do not support killings, kidnappings, raping of Nigeria Citizens.
For the evil ones amongst you going about causing violence, whatever you see, you should live with it, cos right now,
I will send out the Army to fish you bad eggs all out and protect my innocent citizens in their communities.

No Violence act will be encouraged under my watch.

And for the ones killing and burning innocent citizens businesses.
Destroying the properties of people that have been living in peace with you for many years, people going about their businesses legitimately, we will come for you also.

And this will be my final warning to everyone causing mayhem and Violence in this nation.

God bless Nigeria.

I Rise!
[/s]

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
This Violence must STOP with immediate effect.

With a stern voice and in a strict manner, addressing the evil ones among the Fulani herdsmen,
This is what our darling Daddy should come out to say in few hours from now on National TV.

I am a cattle rearer myself.
I have cattles.
That is my business,
And that is your livelihood also.
I do not support killings, kidnappings, raping of Nigeria Citizens.
For the evil ones amongst you going about causing violence, whatever you see, you should live with it, cos right now,
I will send out the Army to fish you bad eggs all out and protect my innocent citizens in their communities.

No Violence act will be encouraged under my watch.

And for the ones killing and burning innocent citizens businesses.
Destroying the properties of people that have been living in peace with you for many years, people going about their businesses legitimately, we will come for you also.

And this will be my final warning to everyone causing mayhem and Violence in this nation.

God bless Nigeria.

I Rise!

Y2ffarms:
We can only live together as a country in peace and harmony, when we see each other as brothers.
This is the Truth of the whole matter!
#BitterTruth

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by bastardson: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
Makinde is just too weak mehnnnn... Useless Governor

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by JosephXavier: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
Today is the second day of violent clash between the Yourubas and the Hausa/Fulani In Oyo State yet no security personnel has been sent to restore peace and orderliness.

No police, no Army, no Civil Defence and not even Man O' War

But once voice is raised in the South East, Battalions of Army, Navy, Air Force with all their war planes and ammunitions, operation crocodile dance, Operation Python Laugh, DSS, UN peace keeping, AU Army, Mobile Police, will be dispersed to douse the pressure

Please can someone tell me what's the difference here

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by revived: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
Terrible
Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Advert5: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
This country is a failed nation

5 Likes

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Petyprince: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
Oyo State is becoming something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by GOVERNMENT2: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
tyup:
This madness should stop just already...when would these cowards storm the bushes and go after their real enemies why must innocent Hausas be caught in the web of these coward's madness
ISKILU WAKILI IS STILL WALKING FREE IN AYETE FOREST O

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by jeromedee: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
INnaMAN:
confront criminal herders those simps no go gree,na innocent hausa people dem go dey attack
Shut your stupid trap up. Why not tell the Fulani simps to stop attacking innocent farmers and face those who are equally armed like them. Too many stupid fools on this platform.
tyup:
This madness should stop just already...when would these cowards storm the bushes and go after their real enemies why must innocent Hausas be caught in the web of these coward's madness
Another idiot. Why not tell the Fulani cowards to stop attacking armless farmers and confront those who are equally armed or better still drop weapons and face the farmers like Men.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by esthel(f): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
Stop spreading panic, normalcy has returned to the area.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by DontCough: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
The FALL of zoogeria grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Tiwatopebabe(f): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
Rest in peace Ajimobi

6 Likes

Re: Violence Continues In Sasa, Oyo As Mob Razes Down More Shops, Mosque by Tranquillity360: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
Yobas attacking soft targets.

You people should continue but remember that we Northerners never forgive or forget.

za mu gani,Kada kuyi kuka lokacin da
muka fara.

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldier, Vigilante & Herdsmen Informant Shot Dead In Kaduna (Graphic Photos) / Oluwatobi Ogunmola: Missing 400-Level LAUTECH Student Found Dead In A Bush / Guy Beaten For Stealing A Phone In Warri (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.