Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. (1484 Views)

Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful Of Before Buying Land / How To Identify, Check Fake Estate Developers / The Real Developers Of Lagos: Top 30 Real Estate Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by Gokoyer1401: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hi guys,

I want to give you honest advice about all these real estate developers like Adron. These guys can put a promo as high as 60% discount on their lands to entice potential customers. Also, their marketers all have sugar-coated mouths to convince you purchasing their lands. Believe me, they will all leave you to your fate once you complete the payment for the purchase of piece(s) of land. The marketers do get around 10% commission from the sales of land.

My advise for you is to avoid them if you are not that buoyant to pay millions of naira for hidden charges. Many cases are in the court right now. One of the main problems is their hidden charges which are subject to review over short period of time..

Avoid these guys if you are just an average income earners.

My cents.

6 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by 10thTenthMan: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
I usually find it funny when they come here and post lands for sale in Ibeju Lekki putting up quotes they copied from books like ''Millionaires today bought land yesterday...bla bla bla''. Is it buying one plot of land that will suddenly make you wealthy? They put up flyers with mediocre 3D Designs and 3D Cars. I usually find this hilarious.

I avoid estate lands because you never ever buy the lands totally:

1. There are always hidden charges. They will practically con you by telling you buy and build but when you buy, building becomes a problem;

2. They will always be the ones to collect service charges for LIFE. You bought a land for millions, built for millions and then they still take huge sums of money annually as service charge(s). While I should not mind the cost of Cleaning, Gardening, Security, Power, Residence Dues, etc. the charges are usually so exorbitant. Many estate residents have protested against this publicly even blocking access roads.

3. Most of them have not perfected their documents up to 80%. Their so called ''Gazettes'' are usually still in progress when you get to Alausaa for your search. What if the Government changes its mind and does not go ahead to issue the title. It is their prerogative. Why sell properties that you have not secured full title to?

4. Some of them are outright thieves and scammers with no title at all.

5. TO add insult to injury they come up with laughable payment plans and call it mortgage. A land of 20m. You want me to pay monthly for 1 year as mortgage. I should pay almost 2m per month. If I earned that much why should not just buy the property at once.

6. Most of their so called PROMO PRICES are scams and lies. There is no promo. Or they will callously tell you the promo ended yesterday. How convenient. I met 100 of you so called real estate marketers and companies with promos on various properties and conveniently all of you claim the ''promo ended yesterday''.

They are mainly just lairs who have really made billions in the frauds most of them perpetrate.

I LOVE REAL ESTATE. I HAVE THEM AS WELL. However, I am NOT buying into ANY estate in Lagos. It doesn't serve my real estate investment goals. Rather I am planning on developing my own estate as well. Profit from Sales of the Property and Profit from Service Charge for Life. Let us all play the game. Secondly, buying 1 plot of land in a remote estate isn't how I deal in properties. I develop and flip or take rent. Especially Multi Apartment Homes/Structures.

When it comes to single plots, I buy Village Excisions that aren't estates. These are the ones I focus on.

As a matter of fact I want to soon take my eyes off the Lagos Market. Once Ibeju Lekki and Epe are gone, there is nothing much left. The Lagos Model is being replicated in many other areas/cities/States in Nigeria offering new opportunities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by adesegun121(m): 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
Noted

Re: Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by rafcrown(m): 12:38am On Feb 16, 2021
Intelligent Naira lander. Also, lots of control, you can't do this, you can't do that. [qquote author=10thTenthMan post=99101405]I usually find it funny when they come here and post lands for sale in Ibeju Lekki putting up quotes they copied from books like ''Millionaires today bought land yesterday...bla bla bla''. Is it buying one plot of land that will suddenly make you wealthy? They put up flyers with mediocre 3D Designs and 3D Cars. I usually find this hilarious.

1. There are always hidden charges. They will practically con you by telling you buy and build but when you buy, building becomes a problem;

2. They will always be the ones to collect service charges for LIFE. You bought a land for millions, built for millions and then they still take huge sums of money annually as service charge(s). While I should not mind the cost of Cleaning, Gardening, Security, Power, Residence Dues, etc. the charges are usually so exorbitant. Many estate residents have protested against this publicly even blocking access roads.

3. Most of them have not perfected their documents up to 80%. Their so called ''Gazettes'' are usually still in progress when you get to Alausaa for your search. What if the Government changes its mind and does not go ahead to issue the title. It is their prerogative. Why sell properties that you have not secured full title to?

5. TO add insult to injury they come up with laughable payment plans and call it mortgage. A land of 20m. You want me to pay monthly for 1 year as mortgage. I should pay almost 2m per month. If I earned that much why should not just buy the property at once.

6. Most of their so called PROMO PRICES are scams and lies. There is no promo. Or they will callously tell you the promo ended yesterday. How convenient. I met 100 of you so called real estate marketers and companies with promos on various properties and conveniently all of you claim the ''promo ended yesterday''.

They are mainly just lairs who have really made billions in the frauds most of them perpetrate.

I LOVE REAL ESTATE. I HAVE THEM AS WELL. However, I am NOT buying into ANY estate in Lagos. It doesn't serve my real estate investment goals. Rather I am planning on developing my own estate as well. Profit from Sales of the Property and Profit from Service Charge for Life. Let us all play the game. Secondly, buying 1 plot of land in a remote estate isn't how I deal in properties. I develop and flip or take rent. Especially Multi Apartment Homes/Structures.

When it comes to single plots, I buy Village Excisions that aren't estates. These are the ones I focus on.

As a matter of fact I want to soon take my eyes off the Lagos Market. Once Ibeju Lekki and Epe are gone, there is nothing much left. The Lagos Model is being replicated in many other areas/cities/States in Nigeria offering new opportunities.

[/quote]
Re: Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by HacheNoire: 2:46am On Feb 16, 2021
Eye opener!

Already secured over 7 plots in that area from this property company's and I am beginning to get scared.
Re: Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by ikoroduarea: 4:38am On Feb 16, 2021
Simple solution. Never buy any property without C of O and never buy from real estate developer. If you must buy from real estate developer make sure you insist they sign legally binding agreement that you won't pay any money again after your full payment. Trust me they will run away from you.

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by Gokoyer1401: 11:42pm On Feb 18, 2021
Sir, go and read your contract of sales over and over again. Most of these guys are broad day light robbers. I am talking from experience. Better still get a service of a lawyer since you bought the plots already. the lawyer will help you breakdown and interprete those clauses inside the contract.
HacheNoire:
Eye opener!

Already secured over 7 plots in that area from this property company's and I am beginning to get scared.
Re: Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria. by Gokoyer1401: 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2021
Thank you sir for your input.
10thTenthMan:
I usually find it funny when they come here and post lands for sale in Ibeju Lekki putting up quotes they copied from books like ''Millionaires today bought land yesterday...bla bla bla''. Is it buying one plot of land that will suddenly make you wealthy? They put up flyers with mediocre 3D Designs and 3D Cars. I usually find this hilarious.

(1) (Reply)

For Sale: Twin Duplex At Akobo Ibadan With C/o / Unfinished 2 Storey Building In Okun Ajah @ 47m (waterfront) / Distressed Land For Sale By Owner-greenland Estate, Olokonla,ajah- N6.7million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.