Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,613 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics (35419 Views)

Katsina Graduate Sets All His Certificates On Fire After Failing To Get A Job / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth' / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Viicfuntop(f): 10:52am On Feb 17, 2021
illicit:
As a teacher I don't support corporal punishment but sometimes it is handy as we are Nigerians and we know who we are....

I resort to cane as the very last option but I still wont flog bare skin....

You have to be diplomatic when it comes to girls especially the ones in senior classes.
They can knowingly infuriate u.

The boys are mostly predictable.

I don't support child labour as well, making students to cut the grass and sweep floors.... But it's the norm here

If I told my proprietor, I will probably get sacked

You don’t need to tell your proprietor anything. Just don’t flog your own students. Simple. What has flogging done to Nigeria education

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Farki: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2021
EmeraldKing7:
Corporal punishment is outdated abeg

Most people use the liberty of the “spare the rod and spoil the child” cliche to abuse children

Tell me now
Will that flogging make the girl a better farmer?
“thats if she even chooses to read a course on agric” undecided

The worst thing is that many of the things we were beaten up for in school are completely useless in the adult world.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2021
I Wanted To Shout Racism But Realized Race Doesn't Matter Here...So the Best Thing I can Say Is Parents Should Stop Sending Their Wards To Public/State Schools it's abusive in itself...Our Pastors Kids Then Went to a Private School Where Everyone got Promoted After Third Terms Exams,Weather You fail or na you carry the class,them go just move you to the next Level...I Still Regret going to Comprehensive High School,The Teachers then Were Only Good at Flogging and Peeling someone's Back...I was Traumatized.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Tomilola360: 10:55am On Feb 17, 2021
is it ile kewu grin
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:57am On Feb 17, 2021
Nawa o.

Teachers have suffered in this Nigeria.

You don't pay teachers well, and yet you don't let them do their jobs well.

In our days, teachers were gods. If a teacher flogs you, you dare not report at home.

But today, parents will follow wayward children to school to fight or arrest a teacher. All because of how much sef?

I remembered when I was teaching Maths at one public school back then. I flogged a whole class for failing to submit assignments. The next day, a girl came to school with her Dad.

The dad started trying to teach me how to discipline his child. When I told him the girl was particularly stubborn, his excuse was that that was how she was. I asked him, "So, that is how you want her to always be?"

He said I shouldn't beat his daughter again. I should punish her instead. I said, no problem sir. You are the boss. Then some months later, the girl and some others did not submit a project work. I asked them to do "touch you toes". They almost died that day. Shebi it is punishment that works.

Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 17, 2021
Bvlgari:
Sad...but growing up in my days, we had far more worst teachers who derive joy in flogging the hell outta u...

I'm telling you. We suffered in those teachers hands. I saw one in the walking in the rain in Abuja one day. On recognizing her I stopped to give her umbrella.

Then Mrs was asking why I didn't pick her. If only she knew how wicked that woman was.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Farki: 11:01am On Feb 17, 2021
jeff1607:

Sorry to say but in Nigeria sending a child to detention or missing class to let the student know their wrong doings doesn't work in fact it's rather the opposite ,they are happy to miss classes doing nothing

When a lot of schools are just dilapidated buildings sometimes with no desks, unmotivated teachers or even youth corpers shoved into the role and repeating the same information over and over without expanding on the usefulness of it.

When we send children to become apprentices they learn and also earn, many schools exist as a formality without fulfilling their purpose of making students learn useful information.

Meeting African children who grew up abroad has shown that truly there is no difference between the African man's brain and the white man's brain. The only difference is the African man is prone to give up easily, make assumptions and take short cuts because they hate change.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by sojfarm: 11:01am On Feb 17, 2021
Is it by force to submit assignment. Give zero now. And if you want to help her, you send her to the school Counsellor OR invite her parents based on the School procedure.

Because there could be more to this. Even if there is nothing than what was reported one needs to be very careful as thing of this nature can go wrong.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by excel101(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2021
Bvlgari:
Sad...but growing up in my days, we had far more worst teachers who derive joy in flogging the hell outta u...
What can be worser than this.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by tegafej(m): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2021
Farki:

Can you say the average Nigerian citizen is a "good individual"?

Despite this scourging upon other abuses we have many senseless, dishonest, callous and downright foolish people in our midst.

The black man has been conditioned to have a fetish for oppressing the weak and fooling themselves that it is a good thing, many who didn't receive this treatment outside this wretched continent are doing well.

And can you say the whites that are not exposed to such are good individuals?

In the saner climes, heinous climes are being committed same as here. There are wayward kids..killers...gang wars...drug addicts..etc

And BTW what's your definition of doing well.

Finally, our issues are with bad governance if not there are tonnes of good individuals in the black nation.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by slowice(m): 11:07am On Feb 17, 2021
After seeing the you d girls straight legs I ve come to the conclusion that there's more to this than meet the eyes..... Oga teacher is punishing her for something else if you know grin

Hope he gets served

1 Like

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Bimpe29: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2021
Let the beast be served on him accordingly.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by ipobarethieves: 11:08am On Feb 17, 2021
sadThe Tisa is wrong and right at the same time.Wrong for too much kobokoin the girl leg sad. It is her type that will com knock Ur door/ask if u don do Ur assignment sad.If u open Ur script for dem during exam,they'll still ask u to spell wetin u write for dem.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Aug28th(m): 11:08am On Feb 17, 2021
The ₦100 on the floor is for what?
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Tvoice: 11:09am On Feb 17, 2021
U sure say na because of assignment, because that student is a mature student with those legs dat am seeing tongue

1 Like

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by lagusboyyy(m): 11:13am On Feb 17, 2021
obembet:
I tot it's only Mathematics teachers that are wicked.
Physics teachers are more wicked.

Infact, throughout my secondary school education, i did not encounter any wicked mathematics teachers, but i met lot of intro tech/physics wicked teachers.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:16am On Feb 17, 2021
that girl must have refused him sex , that's why.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by BaeMercy(f): 11:17am On Feb 17, 2021
tegafej:
But seriously we experienced such back in the days.

And now we are all good individuals making substantial progress.

Why blowing this out of proportion.
Don't be unfortunate, it's wrong to flog someone for assignment on top agric
how much dey your account that you said you're doing well?
Go to the western world students are not being flogged there but they do better than students in Nigeria , they are even smarter than us here
Education has been upgraded there
Flogging is not discipline
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

With all due respect, that is why most of those who grew up in "your days" are now unrepentant child abusers themselves. I'm sure this teacher was one of "your days" people.

There are unrepentant child abusers even in countries where corporal punishment is a crime.

It is not like the teacher inflicted pains on the girl for absolutely nothing. She failed to do her assignment, and got flogged.

All forms of punishment are morally justified.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by BaeMercy(f): 11:20am On Feb 17, 2021
BluntTheApostle:
Nawa o.

Teachers have suffered in this Nigeria.

You don't pay teachers well, and yet you don't let them do their jobs well.

In our days, teachers were gods. If a teacher flogs you, you dare not report at home.

But today, parents will follow wayward children to school to fight or arrest a teacher. All because of how much sef?

I remembered when I was teaching Maths at one public school back then. I flogged a whole class for failing to submit assignments. The next day, a girl came to school with her Dad.

The dad started trying to teach me how to discipline his child. When I told him the girl was particularly stubborn, his excuse was that that was how she was. I asked him, "So, that is how you want her to always be?"

He said I shouldn't beat his daughter again. I should punish her instead. I said, no problem sir. You are the boss. Then some months later, the girl and some others did not submit a project work. I asked them to do "touch you toes". They almost died that day. Shebi it is punishment that works.

Nonsense!!!

I see why you ended up as a teacher and collecting peanuts as salary, don't kill people children they're not the cause of your backwardness in life
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Hchijioke37: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2021
Am new here please. Welcome me
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by end1999constitu(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2021
....but did she excreted the 50 naira notes on the process??

grin

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2021
Viicfuntop:

You don’t need to tell your proprietor anything. Just don’t flog your own students. Simple. What has flogging done to Nigeria education

This is like asking What has punishment done to Nigerian education

All forms of punishment are morally justified. And corporal punishment is a type of punishment.

What has scolding a child done to the Nigerian education? What has sending children to detention done to the American education?

These are questions no one should be asking. Because the questions don't make any sense.

EXCEPT,

You intend to raise your children without ever disciplining them.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by mhktaryan: 11:25am On Feb 17, 2021
The teacher gaz b barca fan
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by jeff1607(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2021
Farki:

When a lot of schools are just dilapidated buildings sometimes with no desks, unmotivated teachers or even youth corpers shoved into the role and repeating the same information over and over without expanding on the usefulness of it.

When we send children to become apprentices they learn and also earn, many schools exist as a formality without fulfilling their purpose of making students learn useful information.

Meeting African children who grew up abroad has shown that truly there is no difference between the African man's brain and the white man's brain. The only difference is the African man is prone to give up easily, make assumptions and take short cuts because they hate change.

I quite agree with you on what you said but not with you on the part that says "African man gives up easily " the African man doesnt give up easily.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by 99thEnemy(m): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2021
The Agricultural Science assignment question was: Define a hoe ?.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Farki: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2021
tegafej:

And can you say the whites that are not exposed to such are good individuals?

In the saner climes, heinous climes are being committed same as here. There are wayward kids..killers...gang wars...drug addicts..etc

And BTW what's your definition of doing well.

Finally, our issues are with bad governance if not there are tonnes of good individuals in the black nation.

When was the last time you saw a white man beat up and burn somebody suspected of stealing a phone?
In Nigeria this is a common occurrence.

Nobody is saying crimes aren't being committed abroad, funny enough a lot of crimes are committed by blacks and Latin Americans who still routinely practice corporal punishment on children.

In Nigeria despite all the beatings we still find it hard to obey the rules. This contrast can observed when next you travel abroad, when the plane lands foreigners remain in their seats until they are told to stand up but Nigerians will stand immediately the plane has slowed down disregarding warnings of potential injuries. We don't obey traffic rules and road signs, leave trash on the streets and believe in being "settled" before doing our work.

If those countries weren't any better than here why are so many Africans trying to get there through any means necessary?

Many people grew up, did well in school, had jobs and raised families without being brutalized in this manner.

If you want to blame government who is voting the same people into power, isn't it us? Weren't there many people here who supported attacks on protesters demanding good governance?

If the girl was to get infected and die from these wounds what is the point of the assignment?
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

There are unrepentant child abusers even in countries where corporal punishment is a crime.

Yes there are, but they are outliers or social misfits and not celebrated as they are here as 'disciplinarians'. Anyone who has no option but to use violence on a child before teaching it something is obviously lacking in basic social and teaching skills.

BluntTheApostle:

It is not like the teacher inflicted pains on the girl for absolutely nothing. She failed to do her assignment, and got flogged.

All forms of punishment are morally justified.

Since all forms of punishments are morally justified, maybe he should have slaughtered or hanged her for not doing her assignment.

Corporal punishment teaches a child nothing other than "might is right", and how to abuse a position of greater strength over your fellow man. That is why victims of abuse almost always abuse others whenever they can.
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by 99thEnemy(m): 11:34am On Feb 17, 2021
obembet:
I tot it's only Mathematics teachers that are wicked.

There is one Agric teacher called Abraham Nege in MSG Makurdi . That man been show me shege grin grin

Only some Gabrielites will understand grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2021
BaeMercy:
I see why you ended up as a teacher and collecting peanuts as salary, don't kill people children they're not the cause of your backwardness in life

You just called all teachers backward. grin

This is a reason why sparing the rod is bad. It produces people like you who don't think before talking (or writing).
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by Numerouno94(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2021
Karemarealty288:
There is more to the punishment... With that fine legs...that teacher must have made failed approaches.

Fine legs keh?

Hope person neva do soapy ontop fine legs?

because i wonder how u were able to sight d sweetness of those legs wit d bruises. grin
Re: Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics by illicit(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2021
Viicfuntop:

Sometimes he may want me to flog them now....

Can I refuse?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"OAU Professor, Richard Akindele, Also Asked Me For Sex" - Graduate In Ireland / Riot In Afe Babalola University, Ekiti (Photos) / UNILAG Student Drinks Sniper And Dies (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.