Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Extra Curricular Skills? What Are They? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Extra Curricular Skills? What Are They? (1240 Views)

Talent, Gift, Potential, Passion, Ability Nd Skills - What Are They?(1) / Talents And Skills: What Are You Really Good At Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Extra Curricular Skills? What Are They? by Jasiel(f): 11:30pm On Apr 08, 2011
Hello evry1.I think extra curricular skills are those acquired outside school curriculum but when a company asks about it cud they mean more than just what I think? Also I'm about to apply for summer internship at a leading investment bank and I'm supposd to write a 300 word essay on my extracurricular skills. The trouble is I don't have any. What are my options?
Re: Extra Curricular Skills? What Are They? by AjanleKoko: 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
Jasiel:

Hello evry1.I think extra curricular skills are those acquired outside school curriculum but when a company asks about it cud they mean more than just what I think? Also I'm about to apply for summer internship at a leading investment bank and I'm supposd to write a 300 word essay on my extracurricular skills. The trouble is I don't have any. What are my options?

Don't you do any kind of volunteer work, even of a religious or social nature? What about sport, even watching sport?
For example if you're the typical Nigerian youth, you can write about the English Premier League, or a team you enjoy watching. Or if music is your thing (most Nigerian youth are into one or the other) you can write about that.

Essentially just write about something you do a lot, not related to school work, and basically try to make it look interesting and readable. Best of luck.
Re: Extra Curricular Skills? What Are They? by Jasiel(f): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
Yeah right. Thnx a lot. I applied anyway and wrote the essay.I was quite honest about being a novice and my essay was about 5 lines.

(1) (Reply)

Qms Lead Auditor Course (iso 9001:2008) In Port Harcourt; 30 Oct -3rd Nov 2013 / See This Crazy, Uncommon Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!!c / Jobs That Pay $25 Per Hour In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.