Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This (656 Views)

Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by MrWondah(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2021
How to I best approach this situation? My neice who was supposed to study nursing insisted on getting hands on experience first before going to she.
So she registered in one of the clinics in Lagos (name withheld). After serving for a year and 8 Months her boss has asked her to stop coming insisting he will not give her certificate.
While she was there, she never had any issues with the boss, they were in such good terms that the man and his wife insisted on sponsoring her through nursing school, gave her a self-contained to stay.

Things started raising ugly head when late last year she was punished for coming late and her off was cancelled.
For the past 4 months she's been working straight without off.
The last straw that broke the camel's back happened few days ago. According to her, she said the boss was angry because she didn't take the bag from his wife.
I've tried to find out from her if she offended the wife, or responded angrily to him, or if she did anything wrong, she has denied any wrong doing.
Her parents have called to beg but the boss kept saying there's no amount of begging or words they'd say that would make him change his mind.
The girl has been depressed since the incident.
My next line if action is to call the man. But first I'd like to find out if I should involve a lawyer.
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:07am On Feb 21, 2021
Don't involve a lawyer. If u can visit, face to face meeting..much better ..take him to GOD in prayer
Oya, all sick and in dire straits, bring ur annointing oil and find ur way to living Faith church cananland OTA. Time is 11:45am . Come as papa Oyedepo will be praying for all sick and anointing them. Ur restoration will come today. Congratulations
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by Aliii(m): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2021
Lol ..you see life is full of ups and down ..I could rightly say maybe the man has asked her out something before and she declined be why he's being animalistic, but remember man ain't God ..ain't nothing on earth can stop good purpose to man ..if you meet him one on one ,still no yield full result ,then leave it for God to handle ,you never can tell what God is saying..sometimes we face difficulties to prevent what's not God purpose.if after everything, he refused to give her certificate she should something else doing ..I know its painful but one door close ten doors opens.
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by Officialgarri: 8:13am On Feb 21, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Come as papa Oyedepo will be praying for all sick and anointing them. Ur restoration will come today. Congratulations
She's not sick oga abi na sister.

You see, while I cannot discourage people from praying to their God, I am not in anyway trying to underestimate the power of prayers.

However, we need to learn to face and tackle our problems in any way we can and then Prayer will only be there as a backup.
Even the bible tells us Faith without work is death.

Don't encourage people to just sit and pray and expect miracles when they could actually hasten that miracle with their own quick actions

As for the OP, it might be too expensive to involve a lawyer, plus, the man might not get intimidated by threatening him with a lawyer.
Rather, I'd suggest that your parents meet the man and his wife physically and plead with him. Not over the phone anymore. Ask him why he is adamant.
They say, call a cow a big brother so he can let you go your own way
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2021
Officialgarri:
[b][/b] She's not sick oga.
the invitation is for other readers that are sick or in dire straits
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by dominique(f): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2021
Should hospitals be training nurses and giving certificates? That hospital must be a quack one, I doubt if the owner of that clinic is a certified medical doctor. Go and report that death centre to your state's ministry of health and have them shut downm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by yomi007k(m): 9:57am On Feb 21, 2021
She has gained her experience -mission accomplished. Mind you that certificate is useless.

Let her now go to nursing school and get the proper experience with certificate.

Shalom.
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by meobizy(f): 2:51am On Feb 22, 2021
My next line if action is to call the man. But first I'd like to find out if I should involve a lawyer.
Do both and leave us alone.
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by MrWondah(m): 5:14am On Feb 22, 2021
Aliii:
Lol ..you see life is full of ups and down ..I could rightly say maybe the man has asked her out something before and she declined be why he's being animalistic, but remember man ain't God ..ain't nothing on earth can stop good purpose to man ..if you meet him one on one ,still no yield full result ,then leave it for God to handle ,you never can tell what God is saying..sometimes we face difficulties to prevent what's not God purpose.if after everything, he refused to give her certificate she should something else doing ..I know its painful but one door close ten doors opens.

I kinda thought it that way. I asked her and she said he never asked her out. The reason I reluctant is that I'm very hot tempered. If I get to his office I beat engage him in a fight if he says all the rubbish he's been saying.
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by MrWondah(m): 5:16am On Feb 22, 2021
meobizy:

Do both and leave us alone.

Posted this in career section hoping to avoid those immature kids in Romance section. Never realized they're like MTN
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by MrWondah(m): 5:18am On Feb 22, 2021
yomi007k:
She has gained her experience -mission accomplished. Mind you that certificate is useless.

Let her now go to nursing school and get the proper experience with certificate.

Shalom.

Thanks, I spoke with her trying to convince her about forgetting the certificate but the certificate seem soo important to her
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by MrWondah(m): 5:19am On Feb 22, 2021
dominique:
Should hospitals be training nurses and giving certificates? That hospital must be a quack one, I doubt if the owner of that clinic is a certified medical doctor. Go and report that death centre to your state's ministry of health and have them shut downm

Well, it happens in almost all private clinics, you can ask around. If you'd be so kind to guide me on how to go about this, I'll really appreciate
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by yomi007k(m): 7:49am On Feb 22, 2021
MrWondah:

Thanks, I spoke with her trying to convince her about forgetting the certificate but the certificate seem soo important to her

She doesnt understand.

That certificate can only get her job as auxillary nurse with salary of about N15,000.

While Nursing school can be between 50 to 200k or more depending on job.
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by extol1(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2021
MrWondah:

I kinda thought it that way. I asked her and she said he never asked her out. The reason I reluctant is that I'm very hot tempered. If I get to his office I beat engage him in a fight if he says all the rubbish he's been saying.
since you are hot tempered, I will advice you to go with someone because seeing him face to face is much better than phone calls. but if he insist on not taking her back, she has the experience which will give her edge over others
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by fergieboy: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2021
Re: After A Year And 8 Months Her Boss Is Doing This by CrazyMan(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
The boss asked her out and she declined, that's the reason for his sudden hatred towards her.

Her best option is to leave that hospital and seek employment elsewhere.

dominique:
They're everywhere, I don't know about Lagos, but I've seen lots of them in the East.

They're mostly missionary owned hospital, they will have trainee nurses, who upon graduation will be given certificate to practice their nursing.

Most of them open and register a small clinic in their community with the skill they acquired from the hospital and begin practice, not everyone can afford a university nursing degree, this one is like an improvised version.

And to think that most communities lack basic medical facilities, these nurses make it big with their trade.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unveiling The Man Behind Each One Aid One Foundation / Network Marketing / Gettiing In Acca Need Studying Buds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.