Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? (1741 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Died In My Bucket (photo) / I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today / TOOTH ACHE: Any Home Remedies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by tbambam: 3:02am On Feb 23, 2021
Just got stung by a scorpion.. Any home remedy?
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by budaatum: 3:09am On Feb 23, 2021
I want to scare you.

The pain you feel after a scorpion sting is instantaneous and extreme. Any swelling and redness will usually appear within five minutes. More severe symptoms, if they’re going to occur, will come on within the hour.

It’s possible to die from a scorpion sting, though unlikely. There are an estimated 1,500 species of scorpion in the world, and only 30 of these produce venom toxic enough to be fatal.

https://www.healthline.com/health/scorpion-sting

2 Likes

Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by Chomsky1967(f): 3:24am On Feb 23, 2021
tbambam:
Pound onions and use as a poultice
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by Sickmod(m): 3:57am On Feb 23, 2021
budaatum:
I want to scare you.

The pain you feel after a scorpion sting is instantaneous and extreme. Any swelling and redness will usually appear within five minutes. More severe symptoms, if they’re going to occur, will come on within the hour.

It’s possible to die from a scorpion sting, though unlikely. There are an estimated 1,500 species of scorpion in the world, and only 30 of these produce venom toxic enough to be fatal.

https://www.healthline.com/health/scorpion-sting
Ok. So, any home remedy?
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by budaatum: 4:01am On Feb 23, 2021
Sickmod:

Ok. So, any home remedy?
I do not know of any, sorry. I'm hoping you were stung by one of the non-venomous scorpions.
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by kkins25(m): 7:51am On Feb 23, 2021
tbambam:
go to a clinic, the most venomous of scorpions aren't found in our region thankfully.
Local clinics(not crude oh) have some injections they give at site of sting. It should neutralize it immediately.

Scorpions stings are not deadly though, i.e the ones in sub Sahara. But you suppose cry from the sting..lol.
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by tbambam: 10:52am On Feb 23, 2021
Chomsky1967:

Pound onions and use as a poultice

I ate the onions though
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by tbambam: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2021
kkins25:
go to a clinic, the most venomous of scorpions aren't found in our region thankfully.
Local clinics(not crude oh) have some injections they give at site of sting. It should neutralize it immediately.

Scorpions stings are not deadly though, i.e the ones in sub Sahara. But you suppose cry from the sting..lol.

Alright.. The sting hurts though but big boys don't cry... Lol.. Thank you.. The pain has gone though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by kkins25(m): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2021
tbambam:

Alright.. The sting hurts though but big boys don't cry... Lol.. Thank you.. The pain has gone though
lol!!! I remember when I got my own sting, na bed I dey that time.
Something they crawl for my elbow side so I decide use my elbow crush am. Only for the thing to wire me two bite(as I think say na ant).

Na as I won go back to sleep i realize say omo this bite pass d normal one ohh.. I quickly stand up from bed make I check which ant chop liver bite me. Na him I see one scorpion wey dey ready to give me another one.. 8 quickly use charger wire tie my hand go wake my family them..
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by Chomsky1967(f): 11:57am On Feb 23, 2021
tbambam:

I ate the onions though
That's good too, stay safe
Re: Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? by warrenweste(m): 7:54am On Feb 02, 2022
tbambam:

How long did the pain last for? Did you collect any injection??

(1) (Reply)

Malaria Kills 300,000 Nigerians Annually / Egg Yolks Almost As Dangerous As Smoking,researcher Says / Hearing Loss: Causes, Treatment, And Prevention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.