Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... (673 Views)

I Am Yoruba And Proud Of My Tribal Marks (pics) / Why You Should Be Proud To Be “black” / I Am Very Proud Of My Culture (nupe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... by Gochu: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
[color=#000000][/color]We should start using us to depict us or forever be perceived as second class citizens of planet earth ...

It goes deeper though - our female keep trying to lighten/'tone' their skin, everyone thinks 'redlips' is cool, we want their 'hair' and 'hair styles', jobs get given to them by our govt/elites at high rates while our skin get same at peanuts, we respect their degrees more than ours (although that's for obvious reasons), once a kid or adult speaks with foreign accents they get accorded respect while a kid who speaks fluent English is seen as 'ras' or local ...

We need to respect ours and our local personalities and quit eulogizing anything foreign - RESPECT OURS...

No matter how fair you are, you'll never be seen as white ...

Black is OURS, Black is US, Black is who we are - And Black has been/is/and forever will be BEAUTIFUL ...

Stop faking white, its unachievable and Not US ...

Re: Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... by Ideadoctor(m): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
on point bro, I think somebody is reasoning along with me for the first time, I like dark skin African ladies, I swear, the way their skin shines under the African sun, but I don't know what is wrong with today's ladies, always trying to mimic white women, my respect to all African beauty on nairaland.
Re: Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... by Eviana(f): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
What is wrong is the influence of Western culture's standard of beauty on African society.
Many African women (Nigerian in this case) are mimicking Caucasian women because the images placed before them idolize and glorify a look that is opposite the vast majority of them: light skin, long & silky hair, thin nose, small bone structure etc...
Those European/Western world images consistently tell them subconsciously that they are unattractive or incapable of possessing any beauty.
The constant barrage of those images sooner or later will have a major impact on a person's self-esteem.
That is what has happener to Black American women.
Many Nigerian guys also (right here on Nairaland) "add fuel to the fire" by constantly praising the women they deem "exotic" and degrading the beautiful Nigerian females.

I know the Nigerian beauty mind-set of 30-40 years ago was not like it is today.
Re: Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... by anonymous6(f): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
@Eviana
Many Nigerian guys also (right here on Nairaland) "add fuel to the fire" by constantly praising the women they deem "exotic" and degrading the beautiful Nigerian females.

This is the main reason why it's a issue, I'm not denying western cultures influence but when black men themselves especially in the western world practice colorism against their women then the response from Black women trying to mimic the image of what black men even are chasing after then this was inevitable. Black american women are a great example of this, colorism has spread like wildfire in their community and glorified that most black american men prefer non-black women.
Re: Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... by Eviana(f): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
anonymous6:
@E.viana

This is the main reason why it's a issue, I'm not denying western cultures influence but when black men themselves especially in the western world practice colorism against their women then the response from Black women trying to mimic the image of what black men even are chasing after then this was inevitable. Black american women are a great example of this, colorism has spread like wildfire in their community and glorified that most black american men prefer non-black women.

You are correct.
That was what I was trying to say.
Black American women are practically born into "colorism"....or hatred against their entire God-given physical structures
The effects (of colorism--numbering back to slavery) on Black American society are almost irreversible.

I just hate that I see the same crisis has hit women in Black African countries now....
Re: Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... by anonymous6(f): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Eviana:

You are correct.
That was what I was trying to say.
Black American women are practically born into "colorism"....or hatred against their entire God-given physical structures
The effects (of colorism--numbering back to slavery) on Black American society are almost irreversible.

I just hate that I see the same crisis has hit women in Black African countries now....

exactly I agree, in the african American community the damage is irreversible now especially when Pro-black politics are stuff down black American women throats. So the african American women who are the Pro-black types and only want black men will suffer the most from this sadly cause they will be competing for with women who are their men number one preference physically which in most cases doesn't include them. The only Black American women that will escape it are the ones who leave the community and open their options for all races of men, most of those black women are the "female first" black women and they are not the majority, they don't allow race politics to control who they chose as partners, they are more individualistic.

When it comes to Black african countries, like Nigeria the result of colorism breeds skin bleaching and thats why it's high in Nigeria. I think with Nigerian women including other african women, they maybe tribal loyal to an extent but not race loyal to a fault to men who push them aside for women who is non-brown skinned and non-dark skinned black, they open their options when the opportunity presents themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Spirituality & Esoteric Teaching- Solutions To Life Issues / The Story And Origin Of Tiv / Masquerade Fight Leaves 5 Dead In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.