Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 (10352 Views)

PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (2 - 0) On 28th September 2021 / Liverpool vs Arsenal - 3- 1 On 28th September 2020 / Shelfield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 1) On 28th September 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Adaptsnews(m): 3:05am On Mar 01, 2021
Waw

This is great. Congratulations to Liverpool fans.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by openmine(m): 4:01am On Mar 01, 2021
EbukaHades10:
He dey since but they no wan rush am. But still on still, they for give am like 2mins make ball enter his leg.
He was ill before the game!

1 Like

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Luciriand: 5:29am On Mar 01, 2021
The red is back
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Dontrader07: 5:34am On Mar 01, 2021
Liverpool FC did it. Welcome back...
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Nobody: 5:36am On Mar 01, 2021
Abeg i need to collect this 2k from palm pay, check my signature to get yours too.. i need just two people
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by UltimateSpice: 5:42am On Mar 01, 2021
I did not expect something different.

Great match.

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Ologogoro: 6:09am On Mar 01, 2021
osazsky:
are u telling me that with all the millions liverpool has spent they dont have a bench that can beat teams like fulham and shelfied.even with salah.fermino.mane wanjama etc..u guys should just go to the championship if this is true i cant believe it..sane was out of season and city still managed

You have comprehension problem.
Happy new month

1 Like

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by joyakhilome(m): 7:35am On Mar 01, 2021
good one for the reds
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by sissoko22(m): 10:11am On Mar 01, 2021
Babysho:

Oil dey your head too bro. Firmino just got a goal. Haha It's no surprise. In a CAM position he will flourish.
You have even said it all. DIOGO JOTA AND SALAH/MANE IN FRONT OF FIRMINO is the way. I even like this new diamond shape we're playing. Only two forwards. If Mane continue dey fuckkk up, Jota go enter. Competition at last.

Klopp must not play all 4(Mane, Salah, Bobby n Jota) of them at once. Na there wahala go dey.

Diogo Jota going to be out for another 4-6weeks probably, due to appendix operation he might be having.
Everything going wrong for Liverpool right now.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Rodwave: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2021
Babysho:

Spot on. I didn't even look at it that way. But for some reason both Mane and Salah are still playing like donkeys now that they have space as opposition are coming out to play now. Especially Mane. I haven't watched him complete a proper dribble this season. He's not using feints, he's not completing one -twos, he's not taking long range shots, basically he's not playing with technique at all. Use to rate him before. I think he's peaked.

As long as the injury crisis in Liverpool continues, you can not judge mane and salah performance for now. They are already used to a particular system. There is a reason why klopp does want to change the system. The injury crisis will be over very soon. For now let's keep hoping that we will still get something out of this season.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by 6ixT8: 11:34am On Mar 01, 2021
Good day Ibeme. I've being following all your activities on this forum ever since I came across your moniker...

I've saw you celebrate a paltry ROI on trĂ£ding, which made me to wonder why you don't put your football knowledge to use in terms of punting, I have no doubt you can generate 100% returns on a normal games week... I'm curious as to why you don't have interest in betting?

can you pls tell me your general view on betting, cos I'm in a crossway now and I wanted to make a big decision on this nonsense.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by 6ixT8: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
6ixT8:
Good day Ibeme. I've being following all your activities on this forum ever since I came across your moniker...

I've saw you celebrate a paltry ROI on trĂ£ding, which made me to wonder why you don't put your football knowledge to use in terms of punting, I have no doubt you can generate 100% returns on a normal games week... I'm curious as to why you don't have interest in betting?

can you pls tell me your general view on betting, cos I'm in a crossway now and I wanted to make a big decision on this nonsense.

cc Ibime
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2021
6ixT8:

cc Ibime

I don't gamble bro. I'm happy with any ROI over 3% because my bank only pays 0.5% for a year. I believe in the power of compounding those small ROI.

1 Like

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Babysho(m): 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
sissoko22:

Diogo Jota going to be out for another 4-6weeks probably, due to appendix operation he might be having.
Everything going wrong for Liverpool right now.

Bruh, starting to believe we took blood covenant with the devil for that pl title lol
Even without Jota, I like the way we played yesterday with that diamond shape but I think Klopp will revert to the normal 4-3-3 false 9 against Chelsea because we have Keita and Milner now.
Albeit, I want to see Mane out for Origi against Chelsea because Trent's crosses have not been reaching anyone and it sucks.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Babysho(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Rodwave:

As long as the injury crisis in Liverpool continues, you can not judge mane and salah performance for now. They are already used to a particular system. There is a reason why klopp does want to change the system. The injury crisis will be over very soon. For now let's keep hoping that we will still get something out of this season.

I don't think it's the injury that's affecting Mane tbh. Maybe Salah but not Mane. He still has Robbo, Gini and Firmino around him.
I see the way Mane has been playing recently, it's just totally unacceptable. He's playing with zero technique.
The game yesterday, there was a moment where a defender literally tripped him, instead of him to fall for a penalty he just kept using gra-gra. He does this severally in games.... then he dives when he's not suppose to lol. It's been difficult watching him. I like that he's still doing great defensively but he needs to play brighter football going forward.

1 Like

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Gbest90(m): 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
Babysho:

Bruh, starting to believe we took blood covenant with the devil for that pl title lol
Even without Jota, I like the way we played yesterday with that diamond shape but I think Klopp will revert to the normal 4-3-3 false 9 against Chelsea because we have Keita and Milner now.
Albeit, I want to see Mane out for Origi against Chelsea because Trent's crosses have not been reaching anyone and it sucks.
@ bolded.

Really?

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Babysho(m): 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
Gbest90:

@ bolded.

Really?

grin grin. Forget the hate on Origi. Origi is like Giroud. We know he's a lazy player but if you use him right, he'll score worldies and you know it! Origi is a pure poacher. He's a near post tap in striker. He's a great header of the ball too. I honestly feel like Klopp is still looking at Origi as that 18 year old boy that was barely 5'9 when he arrived Liverpool. Origi is just as tall as Klopp now. Don't play those long arms and long legs on the flanks lol.

All those Arnold's cross spamming would actually be perfect for 6'3 Lord Origi. He's easy to find in the box.

People say it's sheer luck that he got the late minute goal against Everton, the final goal to win the UCL, the Barcelona brace.... I say it's pure striker's instincts.

Take out time to watch this Origi clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZLBrAygh4g
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Rodwave: 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Babysho:

I don't think it's the injury that's affecting Mane tbh. Maybe Salah but not Mane. He still has Robbo, Gini and Firmino around him.
I see the way Mane has been playing recently, it's just totally unacceptable. He's playing with zero technique.
The game yesterday, there was a moment where a defender literally tripped him, instead of him to fall for a penalty he just kept using gra-gra. He does this severally in games.... then he dives when he's not suppose to lol. It's been difficult watching him. I like that he's still doing great defensively but he needs to play brighter football going forward.

I quite agree with concerning Mane poor quality on control and finishing. It can so frustrating especially his inability to hold off ball these days. I actually believe that he needs to start some games from bench this time. Just hoping that Jota can return as quick as possible.

1 Like

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Gbest90(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2021
Babysho:

grin grin. Forget the hate on Origi. Origi is like Giroud. We know he's a lazy player but if you use him right, he'll score worldies and you know it! Origi is a pure poacher. He's a near post tap in striker. He's a great header of the ball too. I honestly feel like Klopp is still looking at Origi as that 18 year old boy that was barely 5'9 when he arrived Liverpool. Origi is just as tall as Klopp now. Don't play those long arms and long legs on the flanks lol.

All those Arnold's cross spamming would actually be perfect for 6'3 Lord Origi. He's easy to find in the box.

People say it's sheer luck that he got the late minute goal against Everton, the final goal to win the UCL, the Barcelona brace.... I say it's pure striker's instincts.

Take out time to watch this Origi clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZLBrAygh4g
Hmm.

Even before watching this clip, Origi's qualities has never been in doubt to me.

On 'his day', he's beautiful to watch. But the issue is that 'his day', is too irregular to come by. cheesy The lad is too inconsistent for my liking.

But like you rightly pointed out, having Origi attack those crosses from the full backs would be really nice. But that would mean him coming in for Firmino not Mane, as a traditional top 9.

And this might disrupt the system. As Bobby is really vital to the teams build up play.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Babysho(m): 11:44am On Mar 02, 2021
Gbest90:

Hmm.

Even before watching this clip, Origi's qualities has never been in doubt to me.

On 'his day', he's beautiful to watch. But the issue is that 'his day', is too irregular to come by. cheesy The lad is too inconsistent for my liking.

But like you rightly pointed out, having Origi attack those crosses from the full backs would be really nice. But that would mean him coming in for Firmino not Mane, as a traditional top 9.

And this might disrupt the system. As Bobby is really vital to the teams build up play.

I agree he's inconsistent but Firmino is too and we allow it. It's just the conspiracy on Origi that gives him a bad outlook. The man hasn't been played as a traditional ST consistently, don't expect too much from him then.
Last time he played ST in Europe he scored 2 goals against Barcelona in semis and 1 in the UCL final (coming from the bench). He's obviously a big game player.

He could even be the flexibility we need. If our 4-3-3 is stuck why not sub on Origi quickly switch up to a 4-2-3-1. Sounds good to me.

I'll use him as a Traditional ST in a 4-2-3-1.
Jota/Mane LW
Salah RW
Firmino CAM clearly
Thiago & Gini or Thiago & Jones behind as CM.

We actually use to play Firmino behind Origi/Sturridge in 2015 - 17 and we'd score 5 in games easily but our defence was shambles back then lol

Note : Arnold's first ever assist was from a cross to Origi. Coincidence? I think not

1 Like

Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Babysho(m): 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2021
Rodwave:

Are you watching Mane in this game? The guy is just breathing heavy without anything to show for it.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Rodwave: 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2021
Babysho:

Are you watching Mane in this game? The guy is just breathing heavy without anything to show for it.

Definitely, the guy is really playing a frustrating game. Getting disposed easily. He is getting really annoying.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Babysho(m): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2021
Rodwave:

Definitely, the guy is really playing a frustrating game. Getting disposed easily. He is getting really annoying.

Chelsea couldn't double mark since Klopp retained the diamond shape and Mane played centrally yet nothing. E just dey rest on everybody looking for foul lol.
On the other hand Tuchel outclassed Klopp. It's not even rocket science. The formation 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 + low defensive line is the antidote to anything Liverpool.
I knew this was genuine when Arsenal of all teams started breaking us into pieces.

As a coach on hearing Tuchel mention speed speed speed, I'll just sit back in a 4-4-2 and counter the life out of Chelsea.
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Rodwave: 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
Babysho:

Chelsea couldn't double mark since Klopp retained the diamond shape and Mane played centrally yet nothing. E just dey rest on everybody looking for foul lol.
On the other hand Tuchel outclassed Klopp. It's not even rocket science. The formation 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 + low defensive line is the antidote to anything Liverpool.
I knew this was genuine when Arsenal of all teams started breaking us into pieces.

As a coach on hearing Tuchel mention speed speed speed, I'll just sit back in a 4-4-2 and counter the life out of Chelsea.
Klopp is getting too rigid for my liking. He doesn't really change. Let's hope for the better anyway
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Babysho(m): 9:53am On Mar 05, 2021
Gbest90:

@ bolded.

Really?

I bet I don't sound so crazy now after that performance yesterday wink
Re: Sheffield United Vs Liverpool (0 - 2 ) On 28th September 2021 by Rodwave: 11:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Babysho:

How you see today's game? Did you notice that Mane isn't getting any better? I was expecting klopp to move him to cf. The guy hardly hold off ball.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (0 - 1) On 25th October 2020 / Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 19th February 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.