Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp (21634 Views)

Aston Villa Announce Steven Gerrard As Head Coach / Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery / Man Utd Target Milinkovic-savic As Potential Replacement For Pogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by uunwanaobong3: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
I always knew that klopp will run away when things are hard, just like what happen at dortmund.... After spend 514 million pounds to win 4 trophies in 6 years, this man is a looser....... After people wil want to compare him with guardiola.
Nonesense.

After people will say that klopp is a professor..., i laugh because fowl yanch don open, professor don turn to illiterate. And now he want to run away
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by WriterX(m): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Reference:

American sports owners are not known to be ostentatious. Its always business first for them. They will only improve their teams one player at a time. If you expect Henry to renovate with six or seven top players like Roman or the Qatari brothers then consider it pie in the sky.

American football, baseball and basketball teams typically donot do engine replacements.

hahaha totally true though but then these guys were championship materials already, every club knows its not winning the title but keeping it , i never for once saw them holding on to it and bro if you checked the transfers , they made alot of talks here and then, i was on to them on a daily base when the transfer market was around but to my surprise they didn't do nothing, i get the whole roman and qatari brothers thing but liverpool had a huge paycheck handed to them atleast if not go for the big stars look for young players worth holding on.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by judedwriter(m): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
I laugh in French... grin

Steven Gerrard should first ask man utd's boss OLE for advice on how not to be sacked in 1 year.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by WriterX(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
uunwanaobong3:
I always knew that klopp will run away when things are hard, just like what happen at dortmund.... After spend 514 million pounds to win 4 trophies in 6 years, this man is a looser....... After people wil want to compare him with guardiola.
Nonesense

oga, you want to talk shebi? liverpool should build a statue for klopp if that man ever leaves.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by RayMcBlue(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Take this news with plenty of salt. The Mirror tabloid is known for fake news.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by WriterX(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
judedwriter:
I laugh in French... grin

Steven Gerrard should first ask man utd's boss OLE for advice on how not to be sacked in 1 year.

ole abhi lampard grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by WriterX(m): 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
RayMcBlue:
Take this news with plenty of salt. The Mirror tabloid is known for fake news.

goal and three other sports sites i follow, have these same news on their pages. its no rumors. klopp has a desire for national team football, he cant and won't deny it.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by femi4: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
Emu4life:
Bad move. They should consider Ole Gunner and Lampard's case. Why bringing an NYSC coach to manage 6 times European champions
Pep was Nysc coach when he started at barcelona.

No good coach anywhere, the calibre of players in your possession determines your level of success

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by WriterX(m): 4:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
FreeSpirited:

You dey mind Dem...it's been their motive in ages to bring Gerrard.

grin grin don't worry gerrard will sign some of his boys from rangers to win relegation battles for liverpool
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by judedwriter(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
WriterX:

ole abhi lampard grin grin grin

Na ole o...

He came in as interim manager and got the job in a year.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by WriterX(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
femi4:
Pep was Nysc coach when he started at barcelona.

No good coach anywhere, the calibre of players in your possession determines your level of success

Mikel arteta comes to mind
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by thundafire: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
internationalman:
In their mind he can manage Liverpool because of his success with Rangers. That's what was thought of lampard also. But it turned out that Derby County isn't the same as Chelsea.

Why are they even thinking of replacing one of the best coaches (won two years on a bounce now) in the world with Amateur
Gerrard has learnt so much in coaching and he gradually helped Rangers unseat Celtic. Lampard had no experience in managing any club because at derby,he was just the assistant manager b4 the sacked the manager and placed him in charge till end of season. Chelsea is bigger than Lampard just as Man United is way bigger than Ole. But Gerrard will succeed

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by WriterX(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
judedwriter:

Na ole o...

He came in as interim manager and got the job in a year.

that is true i just remembered that.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Walletnaira: 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
Really
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by openmine(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
gbaskiboy:
Is too early for klopp to exit Liverpool. The management should have rethink before calamity befall them.
Its just pure speculation from an obviously bias online tabloid!
The same tabloid some years ago alleged that klopp was going to Bayern Munich and had agreed terms with the club!
Don't believe everything you read from 'Mirror'
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by DesignAndBuild: 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
Humanoid01:

Nothing lasts forever in life, but this isn't about Liverpool planning to fire Klopp. It's a decision that hinges on Klopp's decision to take over the Germany national team when Joaquin Low leaves.

Would that thought even be entertained by either Klopp or Liverpool when they were on top of the world few months ago? Never
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Humanoid01(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
DesignAndBuild:

Would that thought even be entertained by either Klopp or Liverpool when they were on top of the world few months ago? Never
You're probably right, but on Klopp's part, I think he'd likely consider it as a big opportunity. Given his reputation, the national team and the nation at large would be delighted to have him as a coach. Besides, he already gave Liverpool what they had been seeking for over 30 years. So yes, I think Klopp would have entertained the thought, I don't know about Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by AndroBlaze: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
KingAzubuike:
For a rookie coach who has only the Liverpool youth team and rangers FC to his name, it's a very bad move. His points per game for this season is about 2.70. last season it was about 2.30, two seasons ago it was about 2.10. That increment isn't massive enough and forget he is winning the league this season, Celtic have suffered from alot of crises.

Wrong move!

Even if you wanted to use any argument against him, this point per game argument is extremely laughable.

I mean someone improved from 2.1 to 2.7 in 2 seasons and you said that is not impressive?

You obviously seem not to be aware that the highest points per game anyone can get in football is 3, unless how will a normal fan say 2.7 is not impressive...or you expected he win all his games??

Finally look at the best in the EPL ever, a whole mighty Ferguson is 2.16......let us always pause and think before some arguments are made.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-seven-managers-with-the-best-points-per-game-record-in-pl-history-ferguson-klopp-guardiola/

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Polynek(m): 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
make them calm down nal
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
From frying pan to fire. Liverpool will finish mid table in years to come and the present stars will leave.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by ofiko123(m): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Will Gerrard be fit for the job when klopp eventually leaves??
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Bankalert(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
franciskaine:
People are just rushing to comment without reading the article. Liverpool is not ready to let him go, but preparing a replacement should Klopp choose to coach Germany.
lol... Nigerians on nairaland barely read articles before displaying their ignorance
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Adakintroy: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
England can't produce managers. It's not their thing.

This na epl no be Scottish premier weh only celtic and rangers de run things.

How he go take go through too clubs and mangers..ancelotti, guardiola, Mourinho, touchel, Rogers, ..etc.

Which of this coaches him go fit oppress. No be old firm derby.

Make Liverpool no take wetin them get with klopp for granted oo. If them spoil am with community slot them go hear am hot for another half century.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by RayMcBlue(m): 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
WriterX:

goal and three other sports sites i follow, have these same news on their pages. its no rumors. klopp has a desire for national team football, he cant and won't deny it.

From what I'd read from other sources, there's a speculation that Klopp would likely take the German managerial job if it's offered. BBC Sports (my № one source for credible sports news) hasn't reported it, so for now, it's safe to say it's a mere speculation/rumor. Thence, Mirror coming out with the Gerrard angle is nothing but pure fabrication.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Telstar: 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
KingAzubuike:
For a rookie coach who has only the Liverpool youth team and rangers FC to his name, it's a very bad move. His points per game for this season is about 2.70. last season it was about 2.30, two seasons ago it was about 2.10. That increment isn't massive enough and forget he is winning the league this season, Celtic have suffered from alot of crises.

Wrong move!
Celtic? Do you really watch football? Lampard is Rangers' manager, not Celtic.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by Yomit71(m): 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
some people are saying Gerrard only has experience with Rangers, I tell you that doesn't determine if he'll succeed or not. Remember Zidane only has few experience too and he does what many world big coaches could not achieve in years (3 champions league)

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by KingAzubuike(f): 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Telstar:
Celtic? Do you really watch football? Lampard is Rangers' manager, not Celtic.
What is this one saying
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by MrMacinterchi1: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Sacking klopp will be a horrible decision by the management. Its not fair if they line Steven as a possible replacement. Though Rangers are doing fantastically well as per one of deadliest team in the whole of Europe, no losses in more than 40 matches in Scottish league and Europa, Liverpool still have to be patient.
It's not a sacking issue. Germany football federation want to make a bid for Klopp to replace Mr Low and he might agree to that bid. They are just thinking ahead for a possible replacement.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by RayMcBlue(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
Adakintroy:
England can't produce managers. It's not their thing.

England has a lot of tactical brilliant managers that go largely ignored due to the bias given to foreign managers.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by MrMacinterchi1: 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
GreatrAnalyst:

Don't mind them.
Whatever Liverpool face in term of form now is not out of place. There's no law in football that says you must win league back to back. Even Liverpool ousted another club to have the title.

EPL is even peculiar in itself. Sir Ferguson did some feats then with titles back to back, but I'm afraid those days are long gone.
What experience has Gerald got as a coach to match Klopp?

lol. you are just vibrating with your emotions bro. I can bet you did read this article. you just read this guy's comment and replied him.
x
Nobody wants to sack Klopp, they are just thinking ahead for a possible replacement if Klopp agrees to coach German national team as they are preparing to make a bid for him to replace Mr Low.
Re: Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp by RayMcBlue(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

It's not a sacking issue. Germany football federation want to make a bid for Klopp to replace Mr Low and he might agree to that bid. They are just thinking ahead for a possible replacement.

You're talking as if it's a certainty. Right now, it's a mere speculation. German FA hasn't said anything about replacing Jorgi Low with Klopp, and neither has Liverpool said something to that effect. Rumor doesn't equate to fact, take note.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Explosive Interview With Piers Morgan 2 / Canada, Mexico And The U.S. Will Host The 2026 World Cup. / Simeone: Ronaldo Is An Animal In Front Of Goal Who Is Hard To Prepare Against

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.