Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) (51524 Views)

Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) / Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes / Checkout The Most Dangerous DOG Breeds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 02, 2021
These are the cutest dog breeds based on ‘golden ratio’ beauty measuring theory

...We turned to an ancient algebraic equation called the ‘golden ratio’ as our methodology. The golden ratio is an equation that’s used as a way to better understand what makes some things more visually attractive. It’s been famously used by Michelangelo and Dali in their art and design, but in modern times George Clooney has been revealed as having a face that adheres closest to the golden ratio – making him scientifically the most handsome man in the world. So, it seemed the perfect choice for being able to rank the looks of our pets and pooches.

In our study, key points on the animals’ face, such as ears, eyes, the tongue, and nostrils, were analysed and compared to the ‘perfection’ of the mathematics outlined by the golden ratio.

Although perhaps not the cutest pet (according to science), dogs are undeniably the most popular pet choice around the world. With so many different breeds with so many different looks, we wanted to delve deeper into the data and reveal the cutest breeds. With that in mind, we took the 100 top dog breeds and analysed them to discover which one adheres to the golden ratio the most.

The data shows that it’s the Dalmatian, made famous from the Disney film 101 Dalmatians, that is officially the cutest dog breed in the world. The Irish Water Spaniel, the largest of the spaniel breed with brown curly fur, comes in second place and the Wire Fox Terrier, with distinctive wiry fur and folded ears, is the third cutest dog breed.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13209108_1_png4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249

1. Dalmatian (67.03%)

2. Irish Water Spaniel (66.26%)

3. Wire Fox Terrier (65.53%)

4. Labrador (64.67%)

5. Basset Hound (64.43%)

6. Samoyed (64.33%)

7. Jack Russell (63.86%)

8. Rottweiler (63.65%)

9. St. Bernard (62.94%)

10. Golden Retriever (62.52%)

11. Newfoundland (62.07%)

12. Pug (61.44%)

13. Schnauser (59.01%)

14. Leonberger (58.99%)

15. Cavapoo (58.79%)

16. Springador (58.69%)

17. Siberian Husky (58.48%)

18. Bernese Mountain Dog (56.76%)

19. Old English Bulldog (56.30%)

20. Bloodhound (56.05%)

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but we feel science has done a pretty good job of ranking the cutest. Above everything else though, the research has made us appreciate the many differences between the animals in our lives.

Methodology

The golden ratio of each pet type was analysed using ‘face-on’ photography of each pet, and calculating the ratio between key points on each, including eyes, ears, nostrils and tongue. This in turn provided an overall percentage of how much (or how little) each pet adhered to the rules of the golden ratio.

Source: https://www.moneybeach.co.uk/the-boardwalk/the-cutest-pets-according-to-science/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Greyworld: 4:36am On Mar 02, 2021
To me, the caucasian is the cutest. May be cos I love the breed.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 5:17am On Mar 02, 2021
I think German shepherd should be on that list. Am I the only one who thinks the pug looks like a bulldog?

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 02, 2021
While the useless Ekuké dog I received as a birthday gift from my uncle has sworn not to be beautiful and useful... Rather, she chose to be a full blown Lesbian, and refuse to come in close contact with the male dogs equipped with high level of Testosterone in the neighborhood...

This act of wickedness from Sophia made me stop taking her to the dog show at Portharcourt and I am looking for buyers from Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom State respectively to come take this plague away from me.

Seeing those beautiful dogs the Op listed above is now making me feel sad especially dog number 6, 10 and 15.

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 5:55am On Mar 02, 2021
angry
Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by dawnomike(m): 6:01am On Mar 02, 2021
Beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder... I do not agree with the list.

9 Likes

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by mountmoriah(m): 6:19am On Mar 02, 2021
dawnomike:
Beauty I really in the eyes o the beholder... I do not agree with the list.
I love Samoyed

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by EmeraldKing7(m): 11:33pm On Mar 02, 2021
Op...where is lhasa apo,eskimo and gsd?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by theFilmtric: 1:16am On Mar 03, 2021

1 Like

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by iamyemiakins(m): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
Bloodhound be looking like a drug dealer.

What's Pug doing on no 12

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by prince2pac(m): 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2021
Wetin pug de do there now,, Una no even add great Dane

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Telegram234(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
No Gsd
No lhaza ahpo.
No basenji aka local dog.
No Caucasian.
Infact ur list is incomplete.

10 Likes

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 6:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
No bulldog the list is questionable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Golden Retriever cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, is one of my favorite.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Lol I can list a thousand and one dogs out there way cuter than this..

Have you heard about poomeranian?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by adonnii(f): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
pug, american bulldog and blood hound dog cute undecided
Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by WestAfricaan: 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dogs are wonderful creatures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
;Da
Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Tcwork: 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
So we now depend on science to know what's beautiful and what's not?
I don't understand the science in this.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by JosephXavier: 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
I don't know if it's only me that likes dogs and at the same time is scared if them

3 Likes

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by adonnii(f): 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Anigreat: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2021
shocked

Forget what scientist are saying

Our Ekuke is cutest breed of dog.

4 Likes

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by InfernoNig: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2021
You see that short samoyed, very stubborn and wicked. I don't know why short things are always wicked.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by FuckThaMod: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2021
Rubbish list
There are far more cute dogs than Dalmatian.
Hope it's 1st position wasn't influenced by the classic 101 Dalmatian

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by bestman09(m): 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2021
angry

I have nothing to say
Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by adonnii(f): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2021
They all originated from africa. ekuke's, especially the ones from igbo land go figure out

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by Anigreat: 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2021
shocked

Forget what scientist are saying

Our Ekuke is cutest breed of dog.

8 Likes

Re: These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) by AfonjaConehead: 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2021
GSD is my favourite...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet / Lagos Landlord Hangs Tenant's Dog On The Ceiling (Photo) / Double Celebrations As My Dog Gives Birth Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.