Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative (104317 Views)

See The Food I Got For ₦900 No Meat Because It's Too Costly / Snake: What We Saw In Our Trap This Morning / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Patrioticman007(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2021
butterfly777:
It's time to completely boycott meat. First stage coming up on March 5.

BEEF BOYCOTT DAY: MARCH 5

We dey laugh ooo
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Karleb(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
Chicken has more nutritional value than cow meat.
Let them keep their meats!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Fixey: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
shigoslim:
Let me state this . The production of chicken and fish in Oyo state can sustain the whole Nigerian for a year.
If you doubt me come to
Afijio local gov
Oyo east
Oya west
Ilora and others within oyo township , all this local government, their major occupations is livestock production.

In oke ogun area during the rains season iseyin local government produces large quantity of various fruits, cassava, yam , soybeans, tomatoes, pepe's and others . Another good news is that people are now doing large fish ponds using excavator to dig it .

I don't need to go further, if you are familiar with terrain of oyo state generally you will know that oyo state alone can feed the whole southern Nigeria excluding others state .

Many international organizations since past three year has direct their resources to agriculture production in oyo state because the people there are best known to practice it.

If not because of low rain fall last year as a result of climate change we won't have experienced food shortages.

All this bla bla by northern oligarchy we soon discover the faith that we befall them

Ire ooooo

I rep OMO ODUDUWA tongue

They produce but can't feed the nation a single day. That's how the hausa praise singers misled their people. Stop giving false information

2 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
Obasanjo Otta Farms go Hammer Money no be Small grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by OldNairalander(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
SporaD8:
Alternatives to Cow meat ;
1 FISH The sea provide us in abundance and fish-farming is not a new word. Mind you fishes are rich source of Omega 3.
2 Poultry Chicken and Turkey are white meat, clean, sweet and highly nutritious. What's more? Their eggs are readily available and rich in protein.
3 PORK Another alternative for non- Muslim.
4 GOAT/404 These ones don't need introduction! Infact my mouth are watering already.
5 SNAKE This is Specially reserve for Lalasticlala as he is also the major supplier.
6 Please add yours

Bush meat

5 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by IprintMONEY: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
is chicken not meat?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Obyino: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
We move...
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by benikad(m): 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2021
SporaD8:
Alternatives to Cow meat ;
1 FISH The sea provide us in abundance and fish-farming is not a new word. Mind you fishes are rich source of Omega 3.
2 Poultry Chicken and Turkey are white meat, clean, sweet and highly nutritious. What's more? Their eggs are readily available and rich in protein.
3 PORK Another alternative for non- Muslim.
4 GOAT/404 These ones don't need introduction! Infact my mouth are watering already.
5 SNAKE This is Specially reserve for Lalasticlala as he is also the major supplier.
6 Please add yours

I love rabbit

7 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by 2B1ASK1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2021
IprintMONEY:
is chicken not meat?
He meant Beef !

2 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by hotwax: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2021
I am applying for loan to start a poultry facility. I am using my house as collateral.

Abi dem dey plant chicken? Abi cow dey feed on chicken?

3 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by naijadrivablog: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2021
Chicken is not alternative o
As a protest to killings by Fulani herdsmen, I stopped eating cow meat or suya.
Na chicken. I hate pork.

1 Like

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2021
Nobody is indispensable
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by remsonik(f): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
shigoslim:
Let me state this . The production of chicken and fish in Oyo state can sustain the whole Nigerian for a year.
If you doubt me come to
Afijio local gov
Oyo east
Oya west
Ilora and others within oyo township , all this local government, their major occupations is livestock production.

In oke ogun area during the rains season iseyin local government produces large quantity of various fruits, cassava, yam , soybeans, tomatoes, pepe's and others . Another good news is that people are now doing large fish ponds using excavator to dig it .

I don't need to go further, if you are familiar with terrain of oyo state generally you will know that oyo state alone can feed the whole southern Nigeria excluding others state .

Many international organizations since past three year has direct their resources to agriculture production in oyo state because the people there are best known to practice it.

If not because of low rain fall last year as a result of climate change we won't have experienced food shortages.

All this bla bla by northern oligarchy we soon discover the faith that we befall them

Ire ooooo

I rep OMO ODUDUWA tongue

Aye e a da, I am in ogbomosho my hometown now and we have enough goats here. I got one and share into portions which I stock up my mother's freezers with. Infact their cow meat will rotten, fish dey, chicken, turkey, ehoro, okete all of them dey. We no go starve, it is well with us all in Jesus name

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by yusluvad(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
Oya let's go...

2 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nkem222: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
I am happy there is still Dog meat.which is the sweetest meat

3 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by lookingfly: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
South should just get ready to block those truck load when the head of the northerners come back to normal so that they'll learn there lesson the hard way.

4 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by ken6488(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good

2 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by wiringdpt(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
I trust igbo's for that, we really need to do that and take farming serious in SW and SE.
ngadaAwo:
I've even adapted to fish over here
Trust my Igbo brothers to start commercial cow rearing
las Las na North go beg because they'll have to eat their cattles and perishable goods.

or transport to neighbouring countries with higher logistics and with that they won't even beat huge purchases power of the south smiley

their loss las Las because it'll make Southern people adjust
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by tutudesz: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
As we didn't see meat in the market, I kukuma go and buy chicken.
We had to line up to buy chicken as there were many people on queue.

Date is there for confirmation.

Chicken the new bride in town.
Congratulations to South West Farmers.
Mynd44, order for yours cool
My brother try grass cutter (bush meat) Stew grin very sweet

3 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Tedpgrass: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
Please get those areas well protected
Otherwise some rampant herd of cattle may do what they are famous for!!

God bless!

shigoslim:
If you doubt me come to
Afijio local gov
Oyo east
Oya west

Ire ooooo

I rep OMO ODUDUWA tongue

4 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by airminem(f): 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
As we didn't see meat in the market, I kukuma go and buy chicken.
We had to line up to buy chicken as there were many people on queue.

Date is there for confirmation.

Chicken the new bride in town.
Congratulations to South West Farmers.
Mynd44, order for yours cool
Stop lieing like liar mohammadu. There is meat in the markets
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by tutudesz: 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
OldNairalander:

Bush meat
Correct guy cool especially bush meat stew tongue

2 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
Lala will love this cow meat boycott as snake meat will be the in-thing. Its time join baba lala in enjoying snake tons no time
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
What of this part of Ondo that always kill up to 10 cows for a burial ceremony will chicken be enough?
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Prussian: 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
Abdulmumin412:
What of this part of Ondo that always kill up to 10 cows for a burial ceremony will chicken be enough?

You see why you Northerners are very stupid people? Illiterate like you don't know that a ton of beef is same with a ton of chicken. grin

Yes, it will. The money for the 10 cows will be diverted to Yoruba Poultry farmers. You Northerners can keep having sex with your cows.

16 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by highcadre: 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
If you are trying to decide whether red meat is safe to eat, you should know that the following seven red flags have been raised. Still, it’s up to you to decide. Is it worth it? How much is too much?

Reason 1: Red Meat May Increase Alzheimer’s Disease Risk
Scientists believe when proteins called Tau and beta-amyloid accumulate in the brain they either disrupt nerve cells or kill them — and this may be the cause of Alzheimer’s disease. A new study from UCLA, though, suggests that iron accumulation is another possible contributing factor. Using an unusual MRI technique, researchers found that iron had begun to accumulate in the brains of 31 Alzheimer's patients. Specifically, they discovered this build-up in a part of the brain which is generally damaged in the early stages of the disease. How does this connect to red meat? Well, it's full of iron, and a high-red meat diet can lead to iron build up.

Reason 2: Red Meat Can Cause Cardiovascular Disease
Time and again scientists have demonstrated a connection between eating large amounts of red meat and an individual’s risk for heart disease. Now, a recent study suggests this link between red meat and disease does not derive from the saturated fats and cholesterol, but the fact that your gut microbes break down a compound found in the meat known as carnitine, which in turn produces trimethylamine-N-oxide (TMAO). And TMAO has been associated with atherosclerosis, the fatty build-up in your arteries which in turn may cause a heart attack.

Reason 3: Your Risk of Colon Cancer Goes Up With Your Red Meat Consumption
Quite a few studies have provided evidence of red meat potentially causing colon cancer, and a U.S. study which involved 148,610 participants between the ages of 50 and 74 showed that a high consumption of red and processed meats substantially increased the risk of colorectal cancer. Fish and fowl, though, had the opposite effect: long-term consumption of large amounts of these appeared to ward off cancer of the colon and rectum.
Harvard says so.

Reason 4: Lots of Beef --> Type 2 Diabetes
According to recent research, red meat consumption is associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes and three extra servings of red meat every week increases the risk of developing diabetes by 50 percent. That’s a pretty disheartening statistic. And you thought it was the cake and ice cream that would get you.

Reason 5: Mad Cow Disease. Obviously.
Mad cow disease was first discovered in the United Kingdom in 1986 and after that, it blossomed into a full-scale epidemic, affecti g about 180,000 cattle over the next fifteen years. There is mounting evidence that it may cause variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, which is not only fatal but kills you within fourteen months of diagnosis. So far, only three cases in the U.S. (227 worldwide) have been reported… but that number will eventually rise.
Reason 6: Meat Just Ain’t What It Used To Be
Unlike the steak mom and dad used to cook up on weekends, the meat you eat today has probably been pumped full of hormones to make it grow faster and antibiotics to prevent disease. Although such drugs have all been individually tested and approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), what has never been tested is whether these drugs may be harmful in combination. Meaning, in combination with all other chemicals and drugs you unknowingly absorb, breathe, and drink every day, including those in the air and those in the water. So whether or not an individual chemical, hormone or antibiotic has been proven to have a harmful affect or not, no one really knows what a combination of several chemicals, hormones and antibiotics will do to you.

Reason 7: Cows Are Nice
In all likelihood you drank their milk as a child and I'd bet anything your first coloring book had outlines of cows on its pages. Has a cow ever done one mean thing to you?

I thought not.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by slivertongue: 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
central Nigerian farmers are the food basket of Nigeria and must not join those jobless fellows to allow their products to rot. use the Benue route and sell ur products to the south

2 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by paddyDIGITAL(m): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
Vege is the way forward
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by hansomb: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2021
Most of those commenting have no idea about supply and demand curve. Low supply leads to higher demand which also leads to higher prices. Southwest can't do without cow. Is it naming ceremony or that mama with buka or weeding ceremony or even death / burial ceremony.
Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by ladychioma: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2021
There are so many health risks associated with cow meat

3 Likes

Re: As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2021
Cow Meat has high cholesterol. It is dangerous to your health. Besides, the Fulanis practice sexual immoralities with those cows. It's disgusting when the meat you eat has been saturated with Fulani semen.

Aayamah!

grin

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits / Went To Hilda Bacis Restaurant To Eat. Pictures And Prices And Review Included / Nigerian Hunter Kills Many Animals, Trends Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.