Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday (14763 Views)

Joke Silva Celebrates 60th Birthday With Lovely Pictures / Olu Jacob's 79th Birthday: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Husband (Photo) / Joke Silva Celebrates Her 59th Birthday With Stunning Pictures (2) (3) (4)

Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by drinoayo: 6:20am On Mar 04, 2021
Nollywood actress Joke Silva has celebrated her dad Afolabi Silva on his posthumous birthday, Igbere TV reports.

The 59-year-old shared a picture of her dad on Instagram on Wednesday.

She said he would have turned 100.

“In this picture my niece Tireni @angelyummymum @lapieee looks so much like our late Dad. He would have been 100 today. Continue to rest in peace.We remember you with love.

“Thank God for your 76years and all you achieved. Continue to rest in Peace Chief Emmanuel Afolabi Silva. How is the brandy Yonder,” she wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL9ObT_LQ8t/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Mr Silva was a lawyer.

Joke was born in lagos, her mum Adebimbola Silva was a doctor.

Mrs Silva died in July 2015.

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Anigreat: 6:22am On Mar 04, 2021

It's good that he died at 76, he even outlived the scripture fixed agegrin

Continue to rest in peace Fine man.

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by StephenBB(m): 6:26am On Mar 04, 2021
Anigreat:

It's good that he died at 76, he even outlived the scripture fixed age to live in this world.

Continue to rest in peace Fine man.
What is the scripture fixed age, cos last time i checked...it was 120.

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 04, 2021
Joke Silva seems share this eternal bond with her father while he was alive and even in death...

Not surprised Olu Jacobs allowed her to continue with her maidens name.

I have come to realize that Girls have this deep emotional attachment to their father, while guys tend to be more closer to their mom.

Continue to sleep peacefully sir.

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Kriss216: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2021
StephenBB:
You checked Oxford dictionary, bah?
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Anigreat: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2021
StephenBB:

Psalms 90 vs 10

The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away. grin

Note sir, I'm not subscribing to the above bible verse ogrin I am going to grave at 120grin

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by olasaad(f): 7:16am On Mar 04, 2021
JidennaJason:
Joke Silva seems share this eternal bond with her father while he was alive and even in death...

[b]I have come to realize that Girls have this deep emotional attachment to their father, while guys tend to be more closer to their mom

Continue to sleep peacefully sir.[/b]

It is called Oedipus Complex in psychology
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 04, 2021
olasaad:

Oedipus? This reminds me of Sophocles...

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by StephenBB(m): 8:37am On Mar 04, 2021
Anigreat:

Psalms 90 vs 10

The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away. grin

Note sir, that I'm not subscribing to the above bible verse ogrin
Genesis 6 vs 3

And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

I'm not also subscribing the above bible verse too.

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by StephenBB(m): 8:41am On Mar 04, 2021
Kriss216:
You checked Oxford dictionary, bah?
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Bampeh: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2021
I'm yet to see an actress in Nigeria that is as moderate as this woman. This woman deserve emulation. Happy celebration ma

Bampeh celebrate with her

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by top3ade: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2021
OK now...... happy celebration
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Lilmanai: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2021
JidennaJason:

I have come to realize that Girls have this deep emotional attachment to their father, while guys tend to be more closer to their mom.

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by IYANGBALI: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2021
Which one is postrumours birthday again?these people will just be using English any how like Wole Soyinka
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Lilmanai: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2021
JidennaJason:

this is proven psychologically.
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Mozegee: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2021
The Bible said 70
StephenBB:

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2021
Not that this man did not have a male child. He had. But his daughter is the one celebrating his Posthumous Birthday. That is to show you that the FUTURE is FEMALE.

HPPY Posthumous Birthday Sir.
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by 9jaRealist: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by TollaniHub: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2021
I don’t understand the rationale, let this man sleep fgs

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by 9jaRealist: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2021
JidennaJason:

olasaad:
Lilmanai:
this is proven psychologically.

She’s adopted...

Generally, adopted kids can turn out one of two ways...
Either a strong bond of gratitude towards the adoptive parents or alienation towards them and the world.
>

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by sylve11: 10:22am On Mar 04, 2021
olasaad:

Electra complex in Joke's case? cool

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by 9jaRealist: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2021
sad
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by 9jaRealist: 10:27am On Mar 04, 2021
olasaad:

Btw, not sure this is a case of an Oedipus Complex...
Oedipus Complex is an underlying SEXUAL attraction to an opposite gender parent.

>

Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Giyinf0: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by okomile(f): 10:42am On Mar 04, 2021
Tot she said her mother was raped and she grew up with her grandparents??

Anyways, what do I know sef grin
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by nissan1: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2021
Rip
Re: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Late Father, Emmanuel Afolabi's Posthumous Birthday by Seunpaul01(m): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2021
StephenBB:

Help me tell him o. I don't know where he see his own scripture o.

Nairalander Poses With Doris Simeon And Biola Adebayo Aka Èyìn Òrka / Jss3 girl Helen snaps wild photos (18+) / Ani Amatosero: When A Man Says He Loves You Don't Conclude He Wants To Marry You