Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Money Gram In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Money Gram In Nigeria (4121 Views)

Any Alternatives To Western Union And Money Gram? / Starting A Money Transfer Business In Nigeria.eg Money Gram,western Union. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Gram In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
Please can someone tell me if it is true that the moneygram locations in Nigeria (Banks) tell people coming to collect monies sent to them from abroad, that they have to open an account before getting the money?
Re: Money Gram In Nigeria by thecrew: 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
yes that the rules given to all bank in Nigeria from CBN same thing with western union
Re: Money Gram In Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
Nothing is impossible but I won't be surprised.
Re: Money Gram In Nigeria by pslm23(f): 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2011
thecrew:

yes that the rules given to all bank in Nigeria from CBN same thing with western union

OMG! that is so unfair. Why force people to open accounts just because they want to pick up a few dollars or pounds? Why is it only banks that do Moneygrams and Western Union transactions in Nigeria? In other countries, you can walk into a grocery shop or convenience store and do your MG or WU transaction.

My brother just had a baby and I M/grammed 500$$ to him only for him to call and say the bank was refusing to give him the money unless he opens an account. I didn't know whether to believe him but I guess from the replies I got here, it is true; and it just SUCKS!!
Re: Money Gram In Nigeria by thecrew: 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
i can help you out if you wish 08029957978, i will use my own account

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Foundation Donates N600M To Women Empowerment Scheme / Brand New Gas Cylinder 6kg And Burner For Sale #6,500 / Generate Sales On Social Media And Grow Your Audience Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.