Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America (1649 Views)

‘Europe or death’: West Africans risk all to leave Tunisia / What Skills Should A Nigerian Acquire Before Traveling To Europe Or America / Please Where In EUROPE Or ASIA Can I Achieve These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by yommys01(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2021
Hi all, I have been thinking hard and long about leaving this country and need advise.

I earn between $2000-$5000 per month on average but getting fed up with having much and achieving nothing. Had job offers recently but because of my lack of University education and the fact that I am in Nigeria put paid to those jobs ( left school at SS1 but wrote SSCE recently and passed ).

I am married with three kids.

My question is

1. If I was to move to any of the following countries - Ireland, Canada, Norway, Australia, Spain, Denmark, Finland with my whole family how much do I need to have in my bank account.

2. If one of my employers ( currently the head of SEO for an English company ( though I really don't want England but will consider it ) is really to help process visa will I be able to move my family at once ( I won't move unless we all move as I won't want to cheat and I don't trust my self that much ).

3. Does having a house here in Nigeria or a business, thriving business help with visa application?

Will appreciate replies.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
If you are earning that much your best bet is a work visa. Since you don't have a degree you won't really qualify for an EU card Sha so the path to permanent residency and eventual citizenship is much longer.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by TheCongo2: 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
With respect to question number 3, if you are applying for an immigrant visa, you need not to prove any tie to your home country.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by abescom: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
If you are earning that much your best bet is a work visa. Since you don't have a degree you won't really qualify for an EU card Sha so the path to permanent residency and eventual citizenship is much longer.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by abescom: 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
TheCongo2:
With respect to question number 3, if you are applying for an immigrant visa, you need not to prove any tie to your home country.
Well said
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by yommys01(m): 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I have an option of adult adoption, I have a mother figure friend who I saved from the hand of yahoo boys who is willing to adopt me but I must be in Europe for 2 years minimum.

I didn't consider this offer since 2012 but frustrating with Internet, getting rejected for jobs I can do due to being in Nigeria and constant push from my wife, pastor and virtually everyone around me is forcing my hand. And I certainly intend to go back to school there too.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
yommys01:
I have an option of adult adoption, I have a mother figure friend who I saved from the hand of yahoo boys who is willing to adopt me but I must be in Europe for 2 years minimum.

I didn't consider this offer since 2012 but frustrating with Internet[b], getting rejected for jobs I can do due to being in Nigeria [/b]and constant push from my wife, pastor and virtually everyone around me is forcing my hand. And I certainly intend to go back to school there too.

Exactly the same thing that happens to me. You seem to be marketer. Me I am a Dev. I was let go from a job of 1.8 million naira a month cause of the rubbish internet we have here. It pains me everyday.

Maybe you could start chatting up immigration lawyers to get to know what your options are.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by MarketDispatch: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Exactly the same thing that happens to me. You seem to be marketer. Me I am a Dev. I was let go from a job of 1.8 million naira a month cause of the rubbish internet we have here. It pains me everyday.

Maybe you could start chatting up immigration lawyers to get to know what your options are.

Sorry if i may ask. which internet service were you using to do your job?
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Sorry if i may ask. which internet service were you using to do your job?
Spectranet/Airtel.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by MarketDispatch: 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Spectranet/Airtel.

Sorry Bros, if you are based in Lagos, how can you be using those Networks for work...any small breeze or Rain the network disappears.

I use fibre optic...the cable was pulled directly to my house...whether there is Tsunami outside, i don't even feel any change in the service.

It will be a good idea if you can upgrade your network and re-apply for the Job if the position is still available.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Sorry Bros, if you are based in Lagos, how can you be using those Networks for work...any small breeze or Rain the network disappears.

I use fibre optic...the cable was pulled directly to my house...whether there is Tsunami outside, i don't even feel any change in the service.

It will be a good idea if you can upgrade your network and re-apply for the Job if the position is still available.
Yeah I have seen one like that I am planning to do that but I have to take care of some things first. Those networks are really shit. They don't even need to be breeze sef. It can go off on its own anytime.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by Sulele04(m): 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

bro which job is that, I would like to know.
All the programming jobs I am seeing in 9ja their salaries are less than 400,000 naira.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
Sulele04:

bro which job is that, I would like to know.
All the programming jobs I am seeing in 9ja their salaries are less than 400,000 naira.
Remote bros o. It was a WordPress developer role. Just forget naija work men. Even if you sabi, E go hard to get like 500k

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by Sulele04(m): 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Remote bros o. It was a WordPress developer role. Just forget naija work men. Even if you sabi, E go hard to get like 500k
Alright which websites do you check regularly for remote jobs.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2021
Sulele04:

Alright which websites do you check regularly for remote jobs.
Indeed and LinkedIn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by Sulele04(m): 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Indeed and LinkedIn.
Alright thanks cool.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by yommys01(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2021
Can people please not derail this thread? It is unfair.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by Ikjosh04: 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
yommys01:
Can people please not derail this thread? It is unfair.

Lol bro, those guy's are not derailing. Calm down!

The truth is your options are narrow considering your age and without a university degree.

I've 2 advice for you;

1)Get your wife preggy again and make sure she gives birth in Brazil.(there is a thread on that, here in NL).

The new born will be given a Brazilian citizenship by birth and your entire family will be given a PR which will lead to citizenship eventually.

2) Enrol to any accredited uni to commence an undergraduate degree even if you've to do a part time or online learning that leads to a Bsc degree.

Ciao!
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2021
Ikjosh04:

Lol bro, those guy's are not derailing. Calm down!

The truth is your options are narrow considering your age and without a university degree.

I've 2 advice for you;

1)Get your wife preggy again and make sure she gives birth in Brazil.(there is a thread on that, here in NL).

The new born will be given a Brazilian citizenship by birth and your entire family will be given a PR which will lead to citizenship eventually.

2) Enrol to any accredited uni to commence an undergraduate degree even if you've to do a part time or online learning that leads to a Bsc degree.

Ciao!
Gbam, op she can also give birth in Mexico if you want to be close to the USA. The same thing with Brazil applies to Mexico and Mexico is visa free to Canada. Citizenship by birth is ingrained in all the Americas and they haven't been strict on immigration yet.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by TheCongo2: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Gbam, op she can also give birth in Mexico if you want to be close to the USA. The same thing with Brazil applies to Mexico and Mexico is visa free to Canada. Citizenship by birth is ingrained in all the Americas and they haven't been strict on immigration yet.

With respect to the bolded, though Mexico is visa free to Canada, the majority of Mexicans are being turned away by the Canadian border agents while trying to get into Canada bound planes. They can't be admitted to Canada.

Even though Mexico is visa free to Canada, you will still have to go through scrutiny of the Canadian border agents before you get into the plane to Canada from Mexico witha Mexicanpassport. You will need to satisfy them as to the purpose of your visit to get into the plane.

That is the reason why many Mexicans are risking their lives by entering the US illegally instead of flying safely to Canada.

@maternal
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
TheCongo2:

With respect to the bolded, though Mexico is visa free to Canada, the majority of Mexicans are being turned away by the Canadian border agents while trying to get into aCanada bound planes. They can't be admitted to Canada.

Even though Mexico is visa free to Canada, you will still have to go through scrutiny of the Canadian border agents before you get into the plane to Canada from Mexico witha Mexicanpassport. You will need to satisfy them as to the purpose of your visit.

That is the reason why many Mexicans are risking their lives by entering the US illegally instead of flying safely to Canada.

@maternal
I do not know this as I do not have a mexican passport nor have I tried to use it to get to canada but I do know that mexicans do not need a visa to canada and most of europe. Net migration from Mexico to the USA has reduced drastically since the 2000s especially as the mexican economy has grown

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/mexican-immigrants-united-states-2019#:~:text=Compared%20to%20all%20immigrants%2C%20Mexicans,2010%20(see%20Figure%206).

Mexicans also have access to the TN visa which they can use to work in the states if they want to.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
MarketDispatch:

which company provide this service and much is ur monthly sub.
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
yommys01:
Hi all, I have been thinking hard and long about leaving this country and need advise.

I earn between $2000-$5000 per month on average but getting fed up with having much and achieving nothing. Had job offers recently but because of my lack of University education and the fact that I am in Nigeria put paid to those jobs ( left school at SS1 but wrote SSCE recently and passed ).

I am married with three kids.

My question is

1. If I was to move to any of the following countries - Ireland, Canada, Norway, Australia, Spain, Denmark, Finland with my whole family how much do I need to have in my bank account.
If you are moving your family, consider English speaking countries first. Your wife will frustrate you if she lands in an area she needs interpreter. The education of your kids will suffer too. No matter how juicy the nation is, watch before you leap.

2. If one of my employers ( currently the head of SEO for an English company ( though I really don't want England but will consider it ) is really to help process visa will I be able to move my family at once ( I won't move unless we all move as I won't want to cheat and I don't trust my self that much ).
England is not a bad option. In fact, it is one of the best out there, but the question is: what kind of visa are you using? Your main challenge is that you want to move with your whole family. It is not easy, except you are moving into the nation with a permit to work, or residency. No matter how the nation is great, if you are not qualified to work legally, you will face challenges. And when you start having problems there with your kids involved will make you lose it faster. If it's only you, it is still fine. But with your wife and children there, it will not be funny if you have challenges. Therefore make sure any means you want to leave with, you have permit to work and you can even good money. Even it is better to go to a non English country where you can work legally than to go Canada or US and be hustling illegally.

If you decide not to leave with your family, look at its effect on your marriage. Do not go there and then you marry another woman and abandon your wife. It is not good. Or you deceive another woman there donyou can bring in your family. It is bad.

3. Does having a house here in Nigeria or a business, thriving business help with visa application?

Will appreciate replies.
Sure, both help. I am even happy you habe a house here. Do not sell it bro. Keep it. It is your main.property you.will fall on when you.return. Do not listen to anyone who advises you to sell it. If you make the mistake, you willl regret it for the rest of your life. Even while abroad and uou are facing challenges, dont ever sell it. Just remove your eyes from it. Dont ever sell that house I repeat.

If you.see that education is a main challenge, you can enrol for online classes, and still continue in Nigeria.

What people in your shoe do is that the man goes first to check. You cannot just move your entire family if you do not have a work permit in the place you are going. Live there for a few months to know the ins and outs of the place. If good, let them join you. If not good return to what you have in Nigeria. Like I wrote above, dont go alone and abandon your wife, or deceive another woman there.

Consider other routes. Someone gave you the option of having a baby in another nation up there. Just look well before you leap. Brazil does not have an outstanding economy so I do not know much. They are talking about Mexico when Mexicans are trying to enter the US. Think about Trump's wall.

Goodluck!
Re: Advise Needed To Move Europe Or North America by yommys01(m): 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021
PeaceLovJoy:

If you are moving your family, consider English speaking countries first. Your wife will frustrate you if she lands in an area she needs interpreter. The education of your kids will suffer too. No matter how juicy the nation is, watch before you leap.

England is not a bad option. In fact, it is one of the best out there, but the question is: what kind of visa are you using? Your main challenge is that you want to move with your whole family. It is not easy, except you are moving into the nation with a permit to work, or residency. No matter how the nation is great, if you are not qualified to work legally, you will face challenges. And when you start having problems there with your kids involved will make you lose it faster. If it's only you, it is still fine. But with your wife and children there, it will not be funny if you have challenges. Therefore make sure any means you want to leave with, you have permit to work and you can even good money. Even it is better to go to a non English country where you can work legally than to go Canada or US and be hustling illegally.

If you decide not to leave with your family, look at its effect on your marriage. Do not go there and then you marry another woman and abandon your wife. It is not good. Or you deceive another woman there donyou can bring in your family. It is bad.

Sure, both help. I am even happy you habe a house here. Do not sell it bro. Keep it. It is your main.property you.will fall on when you.return. Do not listen to anyone who advises you to sell it. If you make the mistake, you willl regret it for the rest of your life. Even while abroad and uou are facing challenges, dont ever sell it. Just remove your eyes from it. Dont ever sell that house I repeat.

If you.see that education is a main challenge, you can enrol for online classes, and still continue in Nigeria.

What people in your shoe do is that the man goes first to check. You cannot just move your entire family if you do not have a work permit in the place you are going. Live there for a few months to know the ins and outs of the place. If good, let them join you. If not good return to what you have in Nigeria. Like I wrote above, dont go alone and abandon your wife, or deceive another woman there.

Consider other routes. Someone gave you the option of having a baby in another nation up there. Just look well before you leap. Brazil does not have an outstanding economy so I do not know much. They are talking about Mexico when Mexicans are trying to enter the US. Think about Trump's wall.

Goodluck!
Thanks for this solid advise. Really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Visa-advice Needed / Owerri Drone Shots Showing Beautiful Riverside: Pictures / How Can I Book A Flight Reservation Without Paying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.