Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction (34935 Views)

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / Richard Akindele: Monica Osagie Sent Nudes To Me, Why I Demanded 5 Rounds Of Sex / Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Amotolongbo(f): 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
A Court of Appeal sitting in Akure, Ondo State, on Friday, dismissed the appeal of Richard Akindele, the lecturer sacked by Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, for demanding sex from his student, Monica Osagie.

Mr Akindele approached the appeal court to challenge his trial and conviction at the Federal High Court in Osogbo, Osun State, following a matter filed by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC).

PREMIUM TIMES in 2018 reported how the professor was caught on tape demanding sex to upgrade the marks of Ms Osagie, a Masters student at OAU.

The leaked tape generated furore which led to his dismissal from the citadel of learning after an investigative panel set up by the institution found him guilty of misconduct.

He was later arraigned before Maurine Onyetenu at a Federal High Court in Osogbo on a four-count charge by ICPC, alleging him to have committed an offence contrary to Section A (1)(2) of the corrupt practices and other related offences Act.

Mrs Onyetenu found him guilty and sentenced him to 24 months in prison. He served his sentence in Ilesa prison.

Not pleased with his conviction and sentence, Mr Akindele through his counsel, O. A. Ijatuyi, approached an appeal court in Akure.

He argued that the offence bordered on sexual harassment in the workplace and could only be tried by the National Industrial Court by virtue of section 254 of the constitution. This was countered by the respondent by ICPC counsel, E.A. Shogunle.

Delivering judgment on Friday in appeal no: CA/AK/80c/2019 Prof Richard Akindele v FRN, the court said the jurisdiction of the National Industrial Court in criminal matters is not exclusive.

It further held that S. 26(2) of the ICPC Act 2000 grants jurisdiction to any superior court of record to try offences under the Act, hence it dismissed the appeal for lack of merit.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/447030-sex-for-marks-scandal-sacked-oau-lecturer-loses-appeal-challenging-conviction.html

3 Likes

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by BigBrowser: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
Men have to be very careful with that thing in between women's legs

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Amb1045(m): 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
let him join politics, his fellow bleep boys partners are there. how those lecturer behaves weaks me

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Amotolongbo(f): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
This would have been a great news, but the victim of this man, Monica Osagie has been further victimized by the powerful goons to this man.
She hasn’t been graduated by the school and no assurance she is going to be get out of the hook except the powers that be intervene on her behalf cry

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Kriss216: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This would have been a great news, but the victim of this man, Monica Osagie has been further victimized by the powerful goons to this man.
She hasn’t been graduated by the school and no assurance she is going to be get out of the hook except the powers that be intervene on her behalf cry
Nawao

One of the reasons most girls hardly sòro sòke.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
Nigeria my country!!!!
Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by binaie(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
He knew what he was doing
He's a predator and loves to take advantage of people
If he was horñy, lecturers are well paid and he could easily hire a
prostitute but he didn't
He wanted to use the students to satisfied his wicked desires
He should get doubled-sentence

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by EXLOVER(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
A lecturer once failed me on a course i did very well, all because he saw me hugging his crush.

Those people are very heartless, if you dress too well and they notice the girls are admiring you just know you're a target.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Xscape047: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by ipobarethieves: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
cool sad clip Ur dik sad,mbanu

1 Like

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Bar1941(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
The lecturer should stop wasting his time, I'm 99.9% sure he committed the crime.

This is exactly what most lecturers in OAU do, they love to take advantage of female students and many of them are sadist, infact their was a time 3 close lecturers were sexually sharing a lady amongst themselves and at the end the lady was still rusticated due to poor academic performance.

They will all be exposed and put to shame.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
Let me type what I typed back then that made me ,,,,,,,

Ladies,whenever you're heading to a lecturers office, who you feel is making serious negative sexual moves. Hold on to a recorder,be it audio or video.

In fact,when you feel he wants you to give him a BJ,just bring out your video recorder and record his his flaccid thing.

No matter where you take such evidence to,justice will surely prevail.

You might equally start getting threats,simply keep a copy of it somewhere safe and tell your family about it too.

Funny enough,these old men have wives and daughters as well.

Shame!

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Numerouno94(m): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
angry
Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
Prof should keep appealing till his jail term is over. The other wicked lecturers won't kuku learn anything from this.

StacyO:
Infact,when you feel he wants you to give him a BJ, just bring out your video recorder and record his his flaccid thing

Bad,,,,baddo,,,,baddest! This gal's lips must have tasted lots of akamu angry

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by PoliteActivist: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
Idiat

1 Like

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by ipobarethieves: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
sad sad He can only do it with DULL girl .Those ones that travel to Abuja today, Lagos tomorrow,Pots next day,not the Eficos.. Good for his blokos

4 Likes

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
Na wao
So even female masters and phd students are now being sexually harassed by nigerian lecturers?

1 Like

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Cerebellum: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
And ye shall know them by their name

Amaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin
Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by kolakolex: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
This man has ended his career due to his inability to control his urge. Most of this lectures see their self as small god.

So ICPC still exist... Honestly, they surprise me. I thought dey don enter religation.

The worst part is that, the victim will not be protected. She most likely will end up graduating with a lower grade

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Topmaike007(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
na wa oo. wetin him dey find wey no dey olosho body

1 Like

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Topmaike007(m): 7:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
lefulefu:
Na wao
So even female masters and phd students are now being sexually harassed by nigerian lecturers?
welcome to Nigeria
Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by GreaterFuture3: 7:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
Na who dem catch, Na him be thief

1 Like

Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by Topmaike007(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
indeed the future is female
Re: Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction by nonoski: 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Read And Understand / Common Lies Lecturers Tell Female Students Especially. / 12 Things Anyone Who Went To UNIBEN Will Understand Perfectly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.