Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation (755 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by Cactus(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
This is in regards to my in-laws Children. Their mother passed away couple of years ago. Their father allowed them to stay with their mother's sister for two years before their father came to take them.

Financially he cannot take care of them. One of the children stopped school. He is unable to pay the fees the other children need to pay at school. He threatens them from getting in touch with their mother's family members.

When they were with their mother's sister, their father was supposed to be sending feeding money. After three months, it stopped. We pay school fees, buy clothes, give feeding money.

Now he has taken then, the children are scared. He threatens them from talking to their mother's family members. One child stopped school. I strongly believe the others will stop if we do not intervene to help pay school fees because right from primary school, he finds it difficult to pay for school fees. He married another woman, she threatens them.

Is there anything legally in the court one can do to be their primary guardian? Are there organization that one can contact.

Serious advice needed?
Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by harmargedon: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
In a sane or civilized country there's usually something to take care of that. But I believe human rights should be able to handle a situation like this.
Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by Cactus(m): 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
Definitely in a sane society we will not be this concerned as we would have gone to the court.

We will contact a regional human rights group.
. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by Oluromantic: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
Forget legal court sane palava. Go to him and plead to let them be with you or allow you pay their sch fees while they're with him with evidences kept. I used the word plead because this is Africa. As long as full bride price is collected especially if there's no court wedding, the father's family own the children o. Besides pleading is better with respect to their late mother. You're doing it for her not for the man. The amount of money you will spend in court can buy a car or even get a visa and passport for one of the child. The time nko, adjourned today, adjourned tomorrow. You will just waste the children time. Pleading also means you consider the time and future if the children. So go the easier way, leave court

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
Since he cannot take care of them, he shouldn't threaten them from contacting family members who can. The children should be taken away from him, as he's an unfit, abusive parent. Please report him to a social services or human rights organization.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by jidamsel43(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2021
"If you leave a madman to bury his mother the way he likes, he will eventually devour the copse". The man acted like that because of his ego and self-aggrandizement. Anyone related to the family can intervene to get possession of those children. If you want to offer help, then consult any elderly person in your family and table your motive and intention. I believe your good motive step will be in a long way to save the life of those children

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by LadySarah: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2021
Dear Op,thanks for what you guys a re doing .You can meet human rights or appeal to the man and work out arrangements like the kids staying with him during the holidays.Its a dicey situation cos he's their primary guardian and our law here is wack.

The new wife needs new slaves reason the man came to pick them

There's nothing I pity like a child without a mother .
Onye muo ya zukwara.Amen

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
His ego is tampering with his children's future.
Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by guitarlife2: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
He came to take his children and some fools here are telling you to go and reposses his children from him.
Does it mean poor people do not have a right to keep their children again ?
If you feel concerned for the children pay their school fees directly and buy foodstuff in the house.

You are scheming to take a mans children away from him cos he is poor....

You fool.
Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by egojeny1(f): 12:48am On Mar 10, 2021
guitarlife2:
He came to take his children and some fools here are telling you to go and reposses his children from him.
Does it mean poor people do not have a right to keep their children again ?
If you feel concerned for the children pay their school fees directly and buy foodstuff in the house.

You are scheming to take a mans children away from him cos he is poor....

You fool.
Haba....
Re: Advice Needed. In-laws Children Situation by frozen70(f): 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
Cactus:
This is in regards to my in-laws Children. Their mother passed away couple of years ago. Their father allowed them to stay with their mother's sister for two years before their father came to take them.

Financially he cannot take care of them. One of the children stopped school. He is unable to pay the fees the other children need to pay at school. He threatens them from getting in touch with their mother's family members.

When they were with their mother's sister, their father was supposed to be sending feeding money. After three months, it stopped. We pay school fees, buy clothes, give feeding money.

Now he has taken then, the children are scared. He threatens them from talking to their mother's family members. One child stopped school. I strongly believe the others will stop if we do not intervene to help pay school fees because right from primary school, he finds it difficult to pay for school fees. He married another woman, she threatens them.

Is there anything legally in the court one can do to be their primary guardian? Are there organization that one can contact.

Serious advice needed?

You have not made attempt to talk with their dad

You can talk with him about having those children u Der your roof and care

Then if he refuses, just leave him to face his music

(1) (Reply)

I Have Found The Type Of Lady I Want / Only A Wicked Woman Will Deny Her Hubby Sex / I Need A Job Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.