Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (880 Views)

I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by iod69779: 10:56am On Mar 08, 2021

2 Likes

Re: by Kriss216: 10:58am On Mar 08, 2021
Or you can just skip marriage and avoid threads like this.

4 Likes

Re: by Jeon(f): 11:02am On Mar 08, 2021
don't be the wrong partner to someone, don't screw their life up if you can't abide by the laws of marriage.

1 Like

Re: by 1F30M4(f): 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
iod69779:
Being in love can make you do things but don't Ignore those red flags! If you both are not compatible marriage cannot fix it. Sexual compatibility is important, emotional compatibility is important, even gender roles are important. Both of you should have discussions over these important issues before you take the bold step.

You may marry a decent woman or man but your priorities don't match. If there's no emotional support and compatibility it may lead to a toxic relationship where you both start seeing each other as problems rather than companions.

Spot on! These are important things that should be put into consideration.. The moment you turn a blind eye to red flags during dating/courtship, it may be disastrous.. Oftentimes we say "I don't like what I hate" but you see love ehn, e be like black magic.. If you haven't experienced love, genuine love for someone, sorry you no go fit understand, forget hard guy hard geh, we've all been there done that.. Anyways, if there are some attributes you do not like in your significant other and your inner self is telling you "when we both get married likdis, I'm sure he/she will change" oshey lifechanger, shorii lemme jus tell you, oyo lo wa..

Marriage isn't something you rush into anyhow, there's a saying that if you rush into something, that's the same way you will rush out of it sooo make sure you know what you're getting into, not because all your friends are getting married orrr pressure from mumsy & other relatives, las las if anything sup, na only you go face am head-on.. Do not forget to seek God's face, for those who believe in Him. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: by iod69779: 9:20am On Mar 09, 2021
1F30M4:

Spot on! These are important things that should be put into consideration.. The moment you turn a blind eye to red flags during dating/courtship, it may be disastrous.. Oftentimes we say "I don't like what I hate" but you see love ehn, e be like black magic.. If you haven't experienced love, genuine love for someone, sorry you no go fit understand, forget hard guy hard geh, we've all been there done that.. Anyways, if there are some attributes you do not like in your significant other and your inner self is telling you "when we both get married likdis, I'm sure he/she will change" oshey lifechanger, shorii lemme jus tell you, oyo lo wa..

Marriage isn't something you rush into anyhow, there's a saying that if you rush into something, that's the same way you will rush out of it sooo make sure you know what you're getting into, not because all your friends are getting married orrr pressure from mumsy & other relatives, las las if anything sup, na only you go face am head-on.. Do not forget to seek God's face, for those who believe in Him. Shalom!

The moment you two have a child, it gets worse because decisions are no longer based on what is good for either of you. That's when many people decide to settle even if love has died longtime ago

1 Like

Re: by 1F30M4(f): 10:37am On Mar 09, 2021
iod69779:

The moment you two have a child, it gets worse because decisions are no longer based on what is good for either of you. That's when many people decide to settle even if love has died longtime ago

True, when children get involved it becomes very dicey.. Just as long as the situation doesn't get blown out of proportion like in the case of domestic violence, physical assault and the sorts, it almost seems logical to settle just for the sake of the child(ren).. Nowadays, some partners don't even entertain the thought of settling.. At the blink of an eye, they're ready to split up and move on with their life, whether they have children together or not.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Slawomir, Our Damn Nigarr / Help My Sister, How Can She Recover Her Debt Pls Family / Hey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.