Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism - Foreign Affairs (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism (40461 Views)

Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by khia: 8:17am On Mar 10, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

Olright Sir

I'm a woman. wink
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Boss469(m): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2021
1Sharon:

Like the guardian

Daily mail too

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
khia:

I'm a woman. wink

Olright Fine Girl
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by chic2pimp(m): 2:33am On Mar 11, 2021
salford1:

Imo. They are only relevant with boomers and maybe a few generations after that. Those born in the 90s and up do not give much fvcks about the monarchy. The monarch use to be powerful during the colonial days, but they are just mostly ceremonial nowadays. The world is moving on. In Canada, there are calls to get rid of the monarchy system once the Queen passes on. She is the only one people really respects in that family.

Their interest goes beyond just the Boomers. The ones born in the 90s might claim not to care about the Monarchy on "Twittter" or "Social media" but reality says otherwise.

As I said already the people that hold the real power, "The Elites" hold the Royal Family in High esteem and will continue to do so long after both of us are gone. The best those hoping for the downfall of the monarchy can do is write a few think pieces online or call for some sort of "Cancelling" on twitter but that's where it ends.

The Monarchy will probably encounter a slight downturn in public approval when the Queen dies but they'll weather that storm when the time comes like they've always done. It's a Institution greater than the Queen itself reason why it is called "The Firm" by Prince Philip.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by tot(f): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2021
chic2pimp:

Their interest goes beyond just the Boomers. The ones born in the 90s might claim not to care about the Monarchy on "Twittter" or "Social media" but reality says otherwise.

As I said already the people that hold the real power, "The Elites" hold the Royal Family in High esteem and will continue to do so long after both of us are gone. The best those hoping for the downfall of the monarchy can do is write a few think pieces online or call for some sort of "Cancelling" on twitter but that's where it ends.

The Monarchy will probably encounter a slight downturn in public approval when the Queen dies but they'll weather that storm when the time comes like they've always done. It's a Institution greater than the Queen itself reason why it is called "The Firm" by Prince Philip.

Same way the British empire and other powerful empires in the past thought their reigns would never end. History proves otherwise.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by chic2pimp(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
tot:

Same way the British empire and other powerful empires in the past thought their reigns would never end. History proves otherwise.

Different scenarios. The Empire actually had and wielded real power and that is cyclical. The current monarch on other hand are simply just figure heads. It'll take a combination of unlucky events to bring down the monarchy in it's current state and that's not going to happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by tot(f): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2021
chic2pimp:

Different scenarios. The Empire actually had and wielded real power and that is cyclical. The current monarch on other hand are simply just figure heads. It'll take a combination of unlucky events to bring down the monarchy in it's current state and that's not going to happen.

The point is you can not categorically state the monarchy cannot decline or be brought down. If more powerful systems came down, they are no exception.

By the way, there is nothing cyclical about the British empire, it is gone and gone for good.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by chic2pimp(m): 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2021
tot:

The point is you can not categorically state the monarchy cannot decline or be brought down. If more powerful systems came down, they are no exception.

By the way, there is nothing cyclical about the British empire, it is gone and gone for good.

The Monarchy and the government is way too intertwined in the UK so that's not happening anytime soon. Prophecies of their demise starts and ends on Social Media.

Not talking about Empire, just superpowers.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by budaatum: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2021
chic2pimp:

The Monarchy and the government is way too intertwined in the UK so that's not happening anytime soon. Prophecies of their demise starts and ends on Social Media.

It's like claiming the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_Spiritual#%3A%7E%3Atext%3DThe_Lords_Spiritual_of_the%2Cby_right_of_a_peerage.%26text%3DThe_Lords_Spiritual_are_distinct%2Cin_the_House_of_Lords.?wprov=sfla1]26 bishops in the House of Lords[/url] will stop sitting there.

While it's possible, and probable, given enough time, it's unlikely any time soon since its the foundation of English governance.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by tot(f): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
chic2pimp:

Story

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by chic2pimp(m): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2021
budaatum:

It's like claiming the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_Spiritual#%3A%7E%3Atext%3DThe_Lords_Spiritual_of_the%2Cby_right_of_a_peerage.%26text%3DThe_Lords_Spiritual_are_distinct%2Cin_the_House_of_Lords.?wprov=sfla1]26 bishops in the House of Lords[/url] will stop sitting there.

While it's possible, and probable, given enough time, it's unlikely any time soon since its the foundation of English governance.

The good ol' British institutions. Exactly the reason why I said it's not happening in our lifetime. Brits are quite traditional and the younger ones tend to get more traditional the older they get.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by armyofone(m): 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
tot:

$694 millions from tourism alone, that's huge. I read 65% of those tourists are from America...
As a country, not even in dreams would anyone try to end such source of money flow grin

No demise anytime soon - family wise, they swim in huge wealth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by tot(f): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2021
armyofone:

$694 millions from tourism alone, that's huge. I read 65% of those tourists are from America...
As a country, not even in dreams would anyone try to end such source of money flow grin

No demise anytime soon - family wise, they swim in huge wealth.

Quote àll the relevant figures na, let's be balanced.

https://britishheritage.com/royals/royal-family-cost-british-taxpayer

https://www.republic.org.uk/the_true_cost_of_the_royals
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by budaatum: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2021
tot:

Quote àll the relevant figures na, let's be balanced.

https://britishheritage.com/royals/royal-family-cost-british-taxpayer

https://www.republic.org.uk/the_true_cost_of_the_royals

Thats cost, like what is invested.

Now be balanced and post links to the revenue they generate for the country so we can work out if its a loss or a profit.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by tot(f): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2021
budaatum:

Thats cost, like what is invested.

Now be balanced and post links to the revenue they generate for the country so we can work out if its a loss or a profit.

My point is that there is both a revenue AND a cost, the person I quoted made reference only to the revenue generated from tourism.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by budaatum: 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2021
tot:

My point is that there is both a revenue AND a cost, the person I quoted made reference only to the revenue generated from tourism.

There is also a profit, which neither of you mentioned.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by panafrican(m): 1:26am On Mar 13, 2021
It is a kingdom, not republic and not a Democracy.
And a kingdom is not meant to please but survive with the genes of the original founders.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by omoyankee3(m): 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
salford1:

Yes you are right. We actually stayed together in Faj hall with 3 medical students. I dey drive one jalopie Jetta that time.

Eyan mi. How far?

That is why I don't insult people online or respond to insults.....eni ba so oko soja a ba ara ile.

2 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Goodvibes007: 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
Thread has gone quiet. Meghan and Harry are enjoying their lives in America. The Royals have moved on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Indonesia Navy Submarine Goes Missing With 53 On Board(Photos) / Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns / Admiral Makarov: Russian Warship Safely Returns To Black Sea (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.