Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

How To prepare Masa - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To prepare Masa (1794 Views)

How To Make Masa At Home / How To Make Delicious Spicy Plaintain Balls Or Masa. No Yeast Or Baking Powder / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To prepare Masa by JOBgame(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
*Preface:masa yar bauchi,is a local fried food originated from "shinkafan tuwo" or "jasmine rice"it is most popular in northern part of nigeria must especially (garin yakubu/bauchi state).it is been good for it yummy taste and nutritional benefits which majorly is carbonhydrate and other classes of done.

(INGREDIENTS)

1.shinkafan tuwo or jasmine rice(base on your quantity

2.yeast 1table spoon

3.baking powder 2table spoon

4.vegetable oil 1bottle

5.sugar 2cups

6.masa pan

7.a pinch of salt to taste

8.yajin karago or pepper powder.

(PREPARATIONS)

1.In a bowl put the amount of rice you want to use,and wash till it clean and pure.

2.take 1 cup from the washed rice and boil till it cooked.

3.take your boiled rice and add it to your washed one and stir.

4.take it to the grinder and grind it untill it smooth.

5.add your yeast,baking powder,sugar,a pinch of salt,to the rice paste and stir it.

6.keep the mixture under the sun inorder for the yeast to react and for the mixture to rise
Re: How To prepare Masa by JOBgame(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2021
7.take the mixture from the sun(after the yeast reaction)

8.set your fire(use firewood only inorder to make the masa fry well

9.place the masa pan known as (kaskon masa),on the burning fire

10.add a teaspoon of your vegetable oil to the masa pan

11.add your masa mixture to the hot oil and wait till fried,turn the other side of the the unfried mixture with a forkand fry.but before that add a teaspoon of vegetable oil to the pan.

12.be observing\checking it with the fork,for you to know when it fried

13.serve with your yajin karago.or any kind of soup but best served with yajin karago and enjoy.

Modified:this is just my own method of preparation,because there are orders type of preparation method but this method is the easier method.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To prepare Masa by Funminded: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
This is nice.
I have a question. Why do we mix cooked and uncooked rice before grinding? What's the aim please?
Re: How To prepare Masa by JOBgame(m): 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
Funminded:
This is nice.
I have a question. Why do we mix cooked and uncooked rice before grinding? What's the aim please?

for the mixture to be thick and firm

1 Like

Re: How To prepare Masa by Kamachicho(f): 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
I just love masa.
I will try this very soon
Thanks for sharing
Re: How To prepare Masa by JOBgame(m): 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kamachicho:
I just love masa. I will try this very soon Thanks for sharing

u are welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Won't Soak Garri Is Not Your Portion Say Amen(photos) / Online Cake Class / Have You Ever Cooked A Meal You Couldn't Eat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.