Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? (32524 Views)

Best Selling Property, Newly Built And Decent Apartment For Sale / I Need A Neat And Decent Apartment / How Much Can Raise A Decent Room And Parlour Self Contain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
Sheuns:

He asked for a room self contain. He can get a mini flat for 250-300k in some parts of surulere

mini of 250k in Surulere?

Please don't say that again.

Except it's a pen.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by yetunsbay(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ciscogod:
Lagos is very expensive, I earn more than 4times your salary , I still cant afford an apartment close to my office
I need a job bro. kindly assist pls
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Cryptomillion: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
No
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by manuel65(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Sow the 100k as a see to your pastor and you will get your own house before June this year. This I have seen.

U bad pass scorpion�
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by manuel65(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
Gee don 4kup big time. Just see how girls wan take enter ur dm after dis post, u no kno say 100k monthly job scarce 4 9ja abi? Sat small 100k wey u dey earn, dem go come epp u chop am
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by swedbase(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Mcslize:

We need more of your type to debunked all the false rumours of how bad it is living abroad.

We don't always see you guys when we need you in such threads. There had been threads where some failed immigrants who were not able to make it over will always adviced those aspiring never to relocate abroad.

Only few persons come out to debunk them.

Those are the type of threads we need you.

Some will tell you, don't try relocate, that they are suffering over there.

When I see such threads, I see such persons as failed people.

I get your point but I'm not always free to be on this forum. I hardly make comment here and that's because of my busy activities.

All I can say is this, Abroad is not for people who has no target, ambition, who didn't had plan before migrating, who does not like to work. These category of people will find it difficult to survive not only in Abroad but anywhere in the world.

One thing in life that is certain is that people who comes to abroad and fail will certainly fail anywhere in the world and then I don't mean Dubia abroad or those who are making it big In Nigeria
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by psalmuelwater(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ciscogod:

My office is in lekki phase1 , lagos traffic , mental and physical stress , daily running of your car ..

I always feel tired after work .

You'll get a decent room self contain for 160k/year(240k total package) around abijo-gra-awoyaya-lakowe-bogije axis
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Ciscogod(m): 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2021
psalmuelwater:

You'll get a decent room self contain for 160k/year(240k total package) around abijo-gra-awoyaya-lakowe-bogije axis

I stay at ajah presently , you want me to go as far as abijo?
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by akezn: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2021
kokoboy4life:

Do you have your separate bath room and toilet

Surprising, I have two actually. One toilet with shower for visitors and one in the room. I was just lucky to get it because I don't think there will be another at that amount.

1 Like

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Sheuns(m): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
LagosInter:

mini of 250k in Surulere?

Please don't say that again.

Except it's a pen.

Like I said some parts of surulere.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Lexaccord(m): 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
gbemishile:
hello nairalanders.

I am thinking of getting a decent self contain partment in lagos that is close to my work place. I am currently employed with a salary scale of about a 100k, and for now I have no alternative source of income except my current job which is a govt job. I am just scared I might not be able to sustain the rent cus I only have my salary to depend on for now, and I will still have some other commitments like family etc.

I was thinking of getting a decent one room, like a face me I slap u, till am able to gather my home furnitures, and also try to develop myself in terms of certifications, or learning some IT skills, then I can move to a decent self contain. The only fear is the last time I lived that life was my University days.

Can a salary of 100k sustain an apartment here in Lagos?

Your comments are highly welcome

Please start with a face me i slap you house and proceed gradually. You should not spend all ykur income on housing. I started living in a face me i slap you house when i got to lagos in 2006 (after my nysc). I lived there for 2 years, then mived to a small 2 bedroom (my income had increased to sustain this rent by then), i have further mived to something better to match my current lifestyle. take am easy bro.

If you happen to read this, Check and click on my signature to book 5 star super luxury apartmwnts in lekki, vi and ikoyi
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Erums(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kingstanding:
. And he/ she will never have a saving. 50 thousands naira monthly salary in Ogun State or Oyo state is better than 120 thousands monthly salary in Lagos.

KEEP TALKIng rubbish
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by EyeTaspirant(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
Virus99:
Yes sure.
I was on 85k per month. And I am living in a very good a room and parlour self contain 120k/annum .

Later resigned to goan start my own company cool
which part of Lagos did you get this accommodation, can you link me up?
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Erums(m): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
Jaysleeves:
Guy show me the house abeg... una go just dey talk without proper investigation. I stay at Ajah badore and I spend over 350k on rent for a room and parlor and it's even cheap for that amount self.

Do you have idea abt bogije? Pls
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Moregreen: 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Tangiblehandwork:
Just go for the face me I face house,use that house to gather properties and then move to self contain later.paying big money for house rent and acquiring properties with 100k salary is not that easy in Lagos

TALKING ABOUT FACE ME I FACE YOU!
You have to consider many things.
The comfort station (toilet) is mostly a pit system, will you be comfortable with that? You have to line up in the morning before you can use either the pit toilet or bathroom. Pathetic!
The environment is mostly dirty.
The kind of neighbors.
General kitchen if at all there is.
Everyone knows what you're cooking.
Everyone knows what you're coming back home with.
Neighbors monitor female friend that visits you etc
Quarrel and fighting all the time.
Really pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by psalmuelwater(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ciscogod:

I stay at ajah presently , you want me to go as far as abijo?
No vex
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by RedSquid: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
Erums:

Do you have idea abt bogije? Pls

Bogije 250k self con
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by 1F30M4(f): 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
OP, it will do you sooo much good if you can get an accommodation within a relatively close proximity to Surulere where you work, I can't now begin to enumerate how much prolonged your lifespan will be, omooo for inside this Lagos? it can never be overemphasized o..

Check around those places that have been suggested to you by other nairalanders (provided it's not sooo far from where you work & even if it is, most importantly you can deal with it logically), do your due diligence.. Also as BSdetector and Ephemmm suggested, if you find one or two guy(s) that wouldn't mind splitting the rent with you, even better.. You can work your way around this, I assure you.. The keyword is just don't lose focus!
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by YoPhill: 12:22am On Mar 10, 2021
A shared apartment would be fine for a start
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by slimjosh43: 1:45am On Mar 10, 2021
gbemishile:
hello nairalanders.

I am thinking of getting a decent self contain partment in lagos that is close to my work place. I am currently employed with a salary scale of about a 100k, and for now I have no alternative source of income except my current job which is a govt job. I am just scared I might not be able to sustain the rent cus I only have my salary to depend on for now, and I will still have some other commitments like family etc.

I was thinking of getting a decent one room, like a face me I slap u, till am able to gather my home furnitures, and also try to develop myself in terms of certifications, or learning some IT skills, then I can move to a decent self contain. The only fear is the last time I lived that life was my University days.

Can a salary of 100k sustain an apartment here in Lagos?

Your comments are highly welcome

The location of your place of work matters. Your rent should not be more than 3 months of your salary i.e 300k (the lesser the better).

So with this analysis, you should save 25k for rent, 25k as your financial savings (NO TOUCH AM AT ALL EVEN IF PERSON DY DIE cheesy grin grin). The 50k would cover, food, transportation and small recreation monthly. Always take your self out every month. Succes!!!
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 10, 2021
CotenantNIG:
yes in places like igando and axis
Cheapest Places To Live In Lagos
https://cotenant.ng/cheapest-places-to-live-in-lagos-for-nysc-corpers/
As Nigerians, we know there's a difference between 'Single Room' and 'Self Contain'.
Your article doesn't explain which one you're referring to.
Single room in Igando for 70k?. I read it and I was confused, probably most people get confused about it too. I believe you'll be losing traffic and money.

You need to go back to your website and correct that article.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 10, 2021
lionness:
Forget big spending atm; settle for a decent and neat face me I face you. For those mentioning 120k or so, they are mad and apparently not even paying rent. I’ve been an agent in Lagos for over 15 years and I repeat even for inside the worst place in Lagos, the cheapest room self is 300k and above!
Cut your clothe according to your clothe, save massively and when you have saved like 2m you can think of comfort
Then you don't know lagos. You can get a room self contain in igando for 100k full package. Main rent is 70k.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by eagleonearth(m): 6:14am On Mar 10, 2021
LagosInter:
Answering this question is like looking for a virgin in ashawo house.

This depends on many things like:

Where you work

Married or single

Type of apartment

etc.

Your whole salary of 1.2m per annum can't pay for some self cons in Vi.

The whole salary can't pay for a mini flat in lekki phase 1.

But 250- 300k can get you a decent mini flat in Iyana ipaja, Abule egba, ejigbo,

Average price for a decent mini flat in Surulere, ikeja, magodo, ago palace etc is 500-600k without agency and commission.

the matter taya me wey wan stay akoka
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by eagleonearth(m): 6:21am On Mar 10, 2021
lionness:
Forget big spending atm; settle for a decent and neat face me I face you. For those mentioning 120k or so, they are mad and apparently not even paying rent. I’ve been an agent in Lagos for over 15 years and I repeat even for inside the worst place in Lagos, the cheapest room self is 300k and above!
Cut your clothe according to your clothe, save massively and when you have saved like 2m you can think of comfort
na Una wey be agents join make things difficult for hustlers looking for apartments with your bloated charges
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by dROC1: 6:51am On Mar 10, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Sow the 100k as a see to your pastor and you will get your own house before June this year. This I have seen.

I did this and it worked.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by maxell(f): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2021
Moregreen:

TALKING ABOUT FACE ME I FACE YOU!
You have to consider many things.
The comfort station (toilet) is mostly a pit system, will you be comfortable with that? You have to line up in the morning before you can use either the pit toilet or bathroom. Pathetic!
The environment is mostly dirty.
The kind of neighbors.
General kitchen if at all there is.
Everyone knows what you're cooking.
Everyone knows what you're coming back home with.
Neighbors monitor female friend that visits you etc
Quarrel and fighting all the time.
Really pathetic.

Na waa
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by doubleking(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2021
You can also get a shared 2/3 bedroom flat and occupy a room instead of face me room
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Erums(m): 9:28am On Mar 10, 2021
RedSquid:

Bogije 250k self con
Thanks
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Squeakyshinobi(m): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2021
RedSquid:

You be woman, I be man. Levels must seperate us, what I know will take you years to search out. It's just about what makes a man, thick

350k. You want to kill him. Stop judging things by the standard in your area.

He will get single room self in Lawanson, Ojuelegba, Ogba, Ojota, Ketu, Ogba, Ijesha, Aguda for 150/180k/200k per annum. Fact

I stay in a decent tooth 2 bedroom flat. If Nairalanders know such places exist this part of my area will be flooded

I have 24 hours water

All tiled apartment.

. Motor able roads. Everything I need. So I know what I mean when I talk about housing.
A friend just got a job around OYINGBO axis with a gross salary of 120k which area will you advise her that she can get a decent room and parlour self contain.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Squeakyshinobi(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2021
y'all should please advise. A friend just got a job around OYINGBO axis with a gross salary of 120k which area will you advise her that she can get a decent room and parlour self contain. somewhere she wont really be spending so high on transport.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by RedSquid: 10:37am On Mar 10, 2021
Squeakyshinobi:

A friend just got a job around OYINGBO axis with a gross salary of 120k which area will you advise her that she can get a decent room and parlour self contain.

For that salary range, it's a shared apartment she needs or hostel complex
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
RedSquid:

Some folks from the forum wanted to come, I changed my mind. Make them no come pollute my confines. When I Don cash out Compton ehn ehn people can come. Two flats in my compound is empty. Make ale dey like that. Na only me dey cruise for my domain. Na who sabi waka go see plenty things.
baba please reply dm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Every Nigerian Must Own House In 3 Years – FG / Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? / Different Types Of Land Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.