Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion (24616 Views)

Nigerian Fintech Firm Flutterwave Raises $35M / Flutterwave Raises $35M In Series B Funding / Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Masterito(m): 7:00am On Mar 10, 2021
You must have understanding issues. Read again. I am wasn't against his celebration.
BSdetector:

There's nothing wrong with him celebrating his tribesmen....those who celebrate good things will also have good things happening to them.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by streetsoldier1(m): 7:05am On Mar 10, 2021
LegendHero:
This makes it 3 Nigerian owned Startups that are valued over $1billion in 2021.

$3B — Calendly owned by Tope Awotona

$1B — Cityblock founded by Dr. Toyin Ajayi

$1B —Flutterwave founded by Olugbenga Agboola

you didnt add this,
Havenhill Synergy Limited, Olusegun Odunaiya.

Yoruba boys are smart sha....
No be by owing shops, trading in hard drugs or chest beating, thats why they are better than we the igbos.

9 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by LegendHero(m): 7:10am On Mar 10, 2021
streetsoldier1:

you didnt add this,
Havenhill Synergy Limited, Olusegun Odunaiya.

Yoruba boys are smart sha....
No be by owing shops, trading in hard drugs or chest beating, thats why they are better than we the igbos.

Thanks for this.

However Havenhill is not yet up to the $1b valuation mark to achieve Unicorn status.

If I’m just counting startups with <$1B valuation then you can be sure to see all those dominated by Yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by LegendHero(m): 7:12am On Mar 10, 2021
mrkunlex:
which nigeria, nigeria is dead
These people are making yoruba nation proud

Mr. Kunle don vex.

Yes, they are making Yoruba nation proud and Africa in general.

5 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 10, 2021
Auntyada89:
Nigerians are creative and intelligent people, but her Government is nothing to write home about. I will always commend the youth. Most especially Southern Youths.
BigBashiru thinks blacks are inferior to whites because he supports a corrupt government that he refuses to blame for Nigeria's doomed economy.
He has been blinded by inferiority complex so he can't see the achievements of blacks in science and technology.
Nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by favor914: 7:17am On Mar 10, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed I just hope that Mamadou Bouhari and Amadou Tinoubou won't frustrate them into oblivion like they did with a lot of companies.
Mumu did you know any on these Fintech’s companies under pdp? Zombie do you think Bola Tinubu is a blind bat like you, do you know how much jagaban has invested in these start up companies, isn’t it ironic that they were all started by Yorubas? Useless Hater.

6 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Femeto: 7:21am On Mar 10, 2021
Yoruba kwenu.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by adecz: 7:23am On Mar 10, 2021
➡As the south progresses, the
North is burning down schools &
abducting school children enmasse
while their leaders seek amnesty for
serial killers.

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

➡The two regions have nothing in
common. The British who joined us
together should be invited to separate us.
There is no need for war.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Lifestone(m): 7:23am On Mar 10, 2021
NiceMen:
You just said what I was about to type. I initially just wanted to read but then, APC/Buhari regime are so evil, dream killers. I hate those guys with every fiber of my being!
While you are complaining, these guys are becoming billionaires during the same Apc/Buhari government
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by SoliBayNG: 7:34am On Mar 10, 2021
LegendHero:
This makes it 3 Nigerian owned Startups that are valued over $1billion in 2021.

$3B — Calendly owned by Tope Awotona

$1B — Cityblock founded by Dr. Toyin Ajayi

$1B —Flutterwave founded by Olugbenga Agboola

If you didn't state this, I would never have known Calendly is owned by a Nigerian or someone with a Nigerian heritage. Impressive.

Thanks for the info. I'll also check city block.

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by lastempero: 7:34am On Mar 10, 2021
BSdetector:

If you're a nigerian tech company and you don't have a hausa/fulani lobbyist in Abuja you're simply wasting your time.... it's only a matter of time that those vultures come at you.

The guy is smart, the company dont have much root in Nigeria. Crypto was banned in naija but we still they run crypto for binance.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2021
DenreleDave:

Chaiiiiiiiiii yorubas
Lalasticlala seun Mynd44

Grow up please
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by DenreleDave(m): 7:43am On Mar 10, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

Grow up please

Grow down please

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by authority2006(m): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed I just hope that Mamadou Bouhari and Amadou Tinoubou won't frustrate them into oblivion like they did with a lot of companies.
DrLazCommenting:
Another area for buhari and his blockheads to ban loading.....
NiceMen:
You just said what I was about to type. I initially just wanted to read but then, APC/Buhari regime are so evil, dream killers. I hate those guys with every fiber of my being!

All of you are plain dumb. Do you need to be told that Buhari's administration policy is centered around homegrown businesses and investments? Is that not the reason why so many items are banned from importation? Dumbasses

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by SaintBeehot(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2021
justosee:

is the owner of the company from your lineage?
read up boy
ODUDUWA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by einsteine(m): 7:56am On Mar 10, 2021
SaintBeehot:
I'm proud of my lineage.

Wetin concern your lineage with Flutterwave.

You tribalists living vicariously with other people's achievements are so silly. Successful people of tribe 1 and tribe 2 are more connected to each other than with less successful members of their ethnic group.

In other words, a successful Yoruba man would rather be connected to a successful Igbo man than with urchins like this who are "proud of their lineage"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by SaintBeehot(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2021
Techsupport:

Is your lineage proud of you....
we should ask that of you.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Rawgold29(m): 7:58am On Mar 10, 2021
DenreleDave:

As a benue man, in my next life, I will be a yoruba man....

Chaiiiiiiiiii yorubas are too much

Lalasticlala seun Mynd44
nothing special about the yorubas ...take the education away and the yorubas are nothing...thanks to awolowo.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by bigcee(m): 8:01am On Mar 10, 2021
gistray:
My Igbo is paining me... Which medicine should I take.

Ipobicine didn't work
How old are you?
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by SaintBeehot(m): 8:01am On Mar 10, 2021
einsteine:

Wetin concern your lineage with Flutterwave.

You tribalists living vicariously with other people's achievements are so silly. Successful people of tribe 1 and tribe 2 are more connected to each other than with less successful members of their ethnic group.

In other words, a successful Yoruba man would rather be connected to a successful Igbo man than with urchins like this who are "proud of their lineage"
They would rather be with hausa men not the children of hate and perdition
It's too early to wail, grow up man.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by barragan: 8:02am On Mar 10, 2021
YorubaPrince:

We're built superior yet, humble. We no dey brag, shout Amaka or beat chest like some fvcked up savages. grin

In Africa, Yoruba is supreme! cool

But you're bragging here. Let's stop this bragging please.

Anyway, why is almost everyone in the payment section of tech these days.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2021
SaintBeehot:
read up boy
ODUDUWA!!!
And you think all Yorubas came from same lineage? What if your parents were slave captured from another land, or migrants?
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by bigcee(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2021
mike8804:
I take these kind of silent achievers as my mentors. In other news this what we call business not 2by2 shops owners claiming billionaires. We have countless Yoruba silent billionaires but you will never hear them making noise like our brothers from the east....that's what will call omo oluwa bi(odu to bi iwa)
Its obvious you're obsessed with igbo people. Cant you make your comment without involving an igbo person peacefully running his "2by2 shop" .I am sure you dont even know what it takes to run a business in a Kiosk.

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Tap0lane: 8:07am On Mar 10, 2021
Foolish igbo do you go about quoting your miserable igbo tribesmen promoting Kanu Kalu Umahi Ugwuanyi Ikpeazu if they are doing something meaningful with their pathetic life.

How many Yorubas do praising singing even me that I do not like Tinubu foolish Igbo like you make me start defending him out of unwarranted hate you dish out to him for your pathetic miserable tribe in Alaigbo so oga shut your foolish mouth n go about warning your bigoted igbo fathers to stop envying Yoruba else laslas your entire tribe go commit suicide over Yoruba matter. Oloriburuku from the wretched South.

SmartPolician:

Sure, there are lots of Yoruba guys in Fintech, including PayStack.

However, I just hope you are doing something meaningful with your life because the way you promote Bola Tinubu's 2023 agenda should make someone wonder what you plan to achieve in life.

Work hard so that the world will recognize and celebrate you like the rest of the names who made your list.

5 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by bigcee(m): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2021
A lot of immature and disgusting comments here. God bless QUORA.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by SaintBeehot(m): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2021
justosee:

And you think all Yorubas came from same lineage? What if your parents were slave captured from another land, or migrants?
no part of yoruba extraction has ever being captured as slave in an intertribal war
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Tap0lane: 8:09am On Mar 10, 2021
Didn't your foolish tribe feast of news not as worthy as this altru yesterday without lunatics like you telling them to stop.

CodeTemplar:
NL tribal warlords will feast on this like Wakili and his cows does Oyo farmer crops.
What exactly do they as their operation?

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by DenreleDave(m): 8:14am On Mar 10, 2021
Rawgold29:
nothing special about the yorubas ...take the education away and the yorubas are nothing...thanks to awolowo.

Miscreants...... Yorubas are great.

Igbo man, go to ur mud village

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Taye4j: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2021
Sincerely, I think the Yorubas are blessed. God, in my next life, I want to be a Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by DenreleDave(m): 8:15am On Mar 10, 2021
bigcee:
A lot of immature and disgusting comments here. God bless QUORA.

We love nairaland grin

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Tap0lane: 8:18am On Mar 10, 2021
But you miserable Igbos were all over NL yesterday over the news of one usa Rmy officer having control of nuclear weapon n everywhere was littered with the foolish noise of Igbo a make, I did not see your bigoted Igbotic father warning your miserable tribesmen of blowing their trumpet but today Yoruba are blowing larger, more sensible trumpet n your pathetic igbo father is wailing miserable like a demented fool.

Humanace:
Its so dumb ...that a Nigeria will do a great thing and we Nigerians ourselves will be the first to tribalise the issue ....he is Yoruba ,or Igbo or hausa....have you ever seen a Canadian say no he is French speaking Canadian or an american say no he his sounthernan .....we need to look above the tribe shit and make your own money ....he is Nigerian first before any tribe ........nonsense

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy / New Note Scarcity: ATM Queues Increase In Abeokuta (Pictures) / Can Date Of Birth Be Changed,after Opening A Bank Account??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.