Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion (24615 Views)

Nigerian Fintech Firm Flutterwave Raises $35M / Flutterwave Raises $35M In Series B Funding / Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by BigBashiru: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2021
HellVictorinho:

BigBashiru thinks blacks are inferior to whites because he supports a corrupt government that he refuses to blame for Nigeria's doomed economy.
He has been blinded by inferiority complex so he can't see the achievements of blacks in science and technology.
Nonsense and ingredients.

Individually blacks are equal to whites and can even sometimes appear superior.

It is a group of blacks vs a group of whites - groups of blacks are always retrogressive. This is because black people are unkind to themselves... few days ago I bough bottled water, it had taste, I returned it. The woman that owns the shop said: "don't disturb me I'm not nestle". If you are crossing the road with leg in Nigeria motorists increase their speed instead of sowing down. I can go on and on - these things reveal the heart of the black man....

What are the achievements of blacks in science and technology?? Which of their achievements did you learn in secondary school alongside faraday and ohms law.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Tap0lane: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2021
May cries of woes pain n agonies such as this never depart from your household.

Yoruba to the world anytime any day.

einsteine:

Wetin concern your lineage with Flutterwave.

You tribalists living vicariously with other people's achievements are so silly. Successful people of tribe 1 and tribe 2 are more connected to each other than with less successful members of their ethnic group.

In other words, a successful Yoruba man would rather be connected to a successful Igbo man than with urchins like this who are "proud of their lineage"

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Komu1048(m): 8:24am On Mar 10, 2021
maxell:

Very True

There are lots and lots of yorubas that are multi millionaires (in US $), but they don't broadcast themselves all over the place.

Even Seun will never brag about his wealth. N he is cashing out on us everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

It is a group of blacks vs a group of whites - groups of blacks are always retrogressive. This is because black people are unkind to themselves... few days ago I bough bottled water, it had taste, I returned it. The woman that owns the shop said: "don't disturb me I'm not nestle". If you are crossing the road with leg in Nigeria motorists increase their speed instead of sowing down. I can go on and on - these things reveal the heart of the black man....
They are disunited.
Not retrogressive.
They don't exist as a team.
They just make up a race or a distinguishable part of the human species.
The union is false.
In fact,they are neither progressive nor regressive.
They are not really one.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by BigBashiru: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2021
HellVictorinho:

They are disunited.
Not retrogressive.
They don't exist as a team.
They just make up a race or a distinguishable part of the human species.
The union is false.
In fact,they are neither progressive nor regressive.
They are not really one.

Please which black scientist's law did you learn in secondary school alongside faradays law and ohms law??

It was the white man that laid the foundation of modern maths science and technology - Fourier, Laplace, Einstein etc while the black man was busy having sex, kidnapping themselves and living in mud huts.

Any "contributions" of black ppl today is just applied science.

The professors that should be researching and discovering are doing sex for marks lol

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

What are the achievements of blacks in science and technology?? Which of their achievements did you learn in secondary school alongside faraday and ohms law.

It's not just about laws.
Science and technology goes beyond that.
It's not every discovery that leads to a law.
Besides, Benjamin Franklin said every neutral body contains an equal amount of positive and negative charges.
Blacks are involved in every aspect of science and technology now-What else
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Komu1048(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2021
streetsoldier1:

you didnt add this,
Havenhill Synergy Limited, Olusegun Odunaiya.

Yoruba boys are smart sha....
No be by owing shops, trading in hard drugs or chest beating, thats why they are better than we the igbos.

Add Olatunde Ogungbade- global accelerex . When it comes to IT I think the Yorubas are frontliners
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by MansoryMX(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2021
Nairalanders Congratulate them as Nigerians and stop being tribalistic for once in your miserable lives! This mentality is the reason there are so much disunity among y’all. Y’all better start seeing everyone as Nigerian and not one particular tribe!

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

Please which black scientist's law did you learn in secondary school alongside faradays law and ohms law??

It was the white man that laid the foundation of modern maths science and technology - Fourier, Laplace, Einstein etc while the black man was busy having sex, kidnapping themselves and living in mud huts.

Any "contributions" of black ppl today is just applied science.

The professors that should be researching and discovering are doing sex for marks lol
You are wrong.
There were black scientists in the days of Einstein too.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by middlebelter(m): 8:42am On Mar 10, 2021
[quote author=DenreleDave post=99755240]

As a benue man, in my next life, I will be a yoruba man....

Chaiiiiiiiiii yorubas are too much

Lalasticlala seun Mynd44 [/e] about

Please this is about Nigeria, not about our tribes. Forget what Buhari is doing and let the youth redefine what Nigerians are capable of doing.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by BigBashiru: 8:42am On Mar 10, 2021
HellVictorinho:

It's not just about laws.
Science and technology goes beyond that.
It's not every discovery that leads to a law.
Besides, Benjamin Franklin said every neutral body contains an equal amount of positive and negative charges.
Blacks are involved in every aspect of science and technology now-What else

You talk in general terms - mention specific inventions of African blacks not those that have gone to a white built USA and have English sounding names like Loius Lafayette

Tell me an invention by Obinna Amadi or Olutola Kehinde in atomic physics... there's none they just wanna make moni be rich and carry girls.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by BigBashiru: 8:45am On Mar 10, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are wrong.
There were black scientists in the days of Einstein too.

And what did they achieve. Name and achievement pls. Not those in America with English names. An African black who.made an invention while in Africa
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

You talk in general terms - mention specific inventions of African blacks not those that have gone to a white built USA and have English sounding names like Loius Lafayette
They exist.
Google it.
If Google says they don't,then Google is lying.
There are Nigerians with inventions.
But you should know that it's not just about inventions.
Blacks are involved in every aspect of science and technology.
I hope that English is not too difficult to understand.
Case closed.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by BigBashiru: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2021
HellVictorinho:

They exist.
Google it.
If Google says they don't,then Google is lying.
There are Nigerians with inventions.
But you should know that it's not just about inventions.
Blacks are involved in every aspect of science and technology.
I hope that English is not too difficult to understand.
Case closed.

Enjoy your shithole in Africa and ur shit hole suburbs that you have created throughout UK and America showing it's a black issue and not a leadership issue

You cannot develop your countries - you shamelessly run to white mans lands.... today immigration is strictly from black countries to white countries - no white man ever migrates to black countries it's always the other way round. Leeches.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by vikstandon(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2021
Who knows how I can invest in this startups
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

And what did they achieve. Name and achievement pls. Not those in America with English names. An African black who.made an invention while in Africa
Google it.
If Google says they don't exist,then Google is deceiving you.
Besides,it doesn't matter where it happens.
But I know it happens everywhere.
Blacks are contributing to science and technology everywhere.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

Enjoy your shithole in Africa and ur shit hole suburbs that you have created throughout UK and America showing it's a black issue and not a leadership issue
Enjoy your inferiority complex and corrupt government.
You are a supporter of corruption.
You are one of the reasons why the economy is doomed.
You support wicked governance.
The places that are good are occupied by the rich including the corrupt politicians you support.
No country is perfect.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

You cannot develop your countries - you shamelessly run to white mans lands.... today immigration is strictly from black countries to white countries - no white man ever migrates to black countries it's always the other way round. Leeches.
Rubbish
It's the duty of the corrupt politicians you support to develop the country.
You are a supporter of corruption in the government.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by bethel13593: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2021
: read up boy ODUDUWA!!!And you think all Yorubas came from same lineage? What if your parents were slave captured from another land, or migrants?
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Seun(m): 8:57am On Mar 10, 2021
I cannot even wrap my head around these huge sums of money that Nigerians are raising.

9 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by zanshi: 9:02am On Mar 10, 2021
Stop overvaluing internet startups and give them room to growth.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

Nonsense
Some whites have been arrested in Nigeria before.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Ajibaba101(m): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2021
Seun:
I cannot even wrap my head around these huge sums of money that Nigerians are raising.
why
is raising the funds a bad idea??
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by NobleRace: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2021
maxell:

Very True

There are lots and lots of yorubas that are multi millionaires (in US $), but they don't broadcast themselves all over the place.

Yes. It's because the Yoruba culture forbids such.

A wise saying in Yoruba land says "Ti isu ẹní bá ta, a a f'owo bo ní." Meaning if your yam tubers grow really big, you simply hide it.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by addictiv(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2021
the craze for valuation without creating any outstanding product reach, service and customer base....gone are the days startups grew organically and funded themselves
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by shiffynaani(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2021
DenreleDave:

We love nairaland grin
Don't mind the Quora guy

LouUUDD am jor
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by CodeTemplar: 9:52am On Mar 10, 2021
Seun:
I hope it isn't some kind of electronically created money that involves only few keystrokes.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by shiffynaani(m): 9:58am On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

Mehn, whenever I think about this when I was in sec. school, I would be saddened.

I still don't understand why our great fathers failed in that direction when God has given all men an equal playing ground.

Or perhaps those talents were given only to a specie. Who knows
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by BetterChurch: 10:03am On Mar 10, 2021
DenreleDave:

As a benue man, in my next life, I will be a yoruba man....

Chaiiiiiiiiii yorubas are too much

Lalasticlala seun Mynd44

That's a good dream...
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2021
SaintBeehot:
no part of yoruba extraction has ever being captured as slave in an intertribal war
but Yoruba did captured slaves and those slaves could be your parents.

Secondly, Fulani captured Ilorin
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by pansophist(m): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2021
Many of my Yoruba friends are tech guys, and I respect them a lot. Super smart folks.

Yoruba Amaka.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by The5DME(m): 10:20am On Mar 10, 2021
pansophist:
Many of my Yoruba friends are tech guys, and I respect them a lot. Super smart folks.

Yoruba Amaka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy / New Note Scarcity: ATM Queues Increase In Abeokuta (Pictures) / Can Date Of Birth Be Changed,after Opening A Bank Account??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.