Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer (10070 Views)

Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Apply for Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Efficacy Construction Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by AlexJustin(m): 9:08am On Mar 10, 2021
Good day all,

Which is better for a Civil Engineer, construction company or a Real estate firm.

your opinion will be highly appreciated especially if you're a professional in the construction industry.

6 Likes

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 10, 2021
both

2 Likes

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by macos14: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2021
AlexJustin:
Good day all,

Which is better for a Civil Engineer, construction company or a Real estate firm.

your opinion will be highly appreciated especially if you're a professional in the construction industry.

Do you want to start up any of the companies or u want to choose which one of them to work with? Also, if u want to work with them, can u give of a clue about both salary for better conclusion

4 Likes

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by AlexJustin(m): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
macos14:

Do you want to start up any of the companies or u want to choose which one of them to work with? Also, if u want to work with them, can u give of a clue about both salary for better conclusion

I've a construction company startup. I applied for both companies and was interviewed , I don't have any clue about their salaries as I haven't gotten any appointment letter yet.
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Starboytwo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
Space for sale.
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by aleeyus(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
both
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by GreaterFuture(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
Deoends, they are both good, it just depends on so many factors.

I have 15, 20 and 30 tonnes Full Cover Body trucks available for Sure, steady haulage/Logistics Job, Pls hit me Up now.
WhatsApp me through my Signature
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by webincomeplus(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
Go with the one that pays better!
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by separate84: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hmmm let me think
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Reex12(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
Do your research The one that pays better
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by InventTech: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Check the company that critically suits your career expectations/progression and apply.

You get to do hands-on course-related tasks in a construction job, while you move over vast borders in real estate - Eko Atlantic and the likes come to mind..
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Construction company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Sijo01(f): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
Follow your intent.
Most real estate firms are now into construction.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by vickydevoka(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Norphiee:
Construction company
Real estate firm is 100* better
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Torosk1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
No dey ask stupid question ...just go to your village and settle and then pick one before you go say na person choose or push u ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by tutudesz: 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
construction company sure pass O!! The opportunity both with in and outside Nigeria is much
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by onoms4luv(m): 12:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Construction company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by obonujoker(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
Construction
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by geesilver(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
for your career advancement go with construction company.....
as a young civil engineer, construction firm will provide you rooms to learn from the best hands in the industries even at times you learn from the expertraits if lucky. this will help you alot in solving different engineering problems but real estate will limit you to building since it's a repetetional works in different locations.....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by obonujoker(m): 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
vickydevoka:

Not looking at the money, but career growth and progression
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
vickydevoka:

Okay
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Emu4life(m): 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
*Madam gimme popcorn and chilled zobo*. I need to learn from bosses in the house
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by donnyattelo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
AlexJustin:
Good day all,

Depends on what you want out of your career. Construction firms have a wider scope of projects. Ranging from Roads, Railways, bridges,dams, stadiums and housing infrastructure. Real Estate on the other hand is mostly focused on Housing. The choice is yours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by emmanski: 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
It depends, are you a fresh graduate? If yes, go for construction company and gain experience. After 2 or 3 years you don turn hot cake if you know your way. Real Estate won't give you the experience you need to strive in the field.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by salford1: 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
Construction for sure.

You would be exposed to a variety of civil disciplines and build yourself a solid foundation.

Real estate/developer. If you are not the owner of firm, you won't enjoy it. It's also a narrow career path for a civil guy to follow. It's basically residential construction with most building plans already in place. You would just likely be a site supervisor or supretendent and that's about it. The municipal aspect of the development would still highly likely be contracted out to a construction firm.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by NekkyCee(f): 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
If you are a fresh graduate, I'll advise to choose the construction company as it would give you a headstart for your career.
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Walelavender(m): 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
For your career , definitely a construction firm will do. You can expand your horizon and grow through the ranks. For real estate, not bad, but just a part of Engineering. Like the structural part of their buildings and other possible Civil Engineering structures. It is the Builders' and Architects ' domain. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by adanny01(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
AlexJustin:
Good day all,

A construction company for the experience.

It is also easier to go on and start up a private construction company later in life unlike a real estate company

1 Like

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Emusan(m): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
AlexJustin:
Good day all,

As a Civil Engineer, go for construction company that is if the company doesn't limit their activities only on Building but involve in other construction like Road, bridge, Retaining wall e.t.c that's where you can get full knowledge of structural design and analysis which is the key discipline of Civil Engineers.

Real Estate work is mainly on Building and it's even worse if the company only doing bungalow.

1 Like

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hi , I'm Adesile from Ibadan and I have National diploma in Civil Engineering. I will be glad to learn from you.
Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by luckydion(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
geesilver:
for your career advancement go with construction company.....
as a young civil engineer, construction firm will provide you rooms to learn from the best hands in the industries even at times you learn from the expertraits if lucky. this will help you alot in solving different engineering problems but real estate will limit you to building since it's a repetetional works in different locations.....

This advice above is ok: In construction, u learn from the experts/Expatriates. In Construction, u will be multicompetence, because of diversity of their projects.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer by Jaysleeves(m): 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
Before you advice anyone on issues please be experienced in it.. Firstly what aspect of real estate are you talking about ? Is it marketing or construction of various unit of housing. Where there might be profit sharing if you happen to make sales. However it won't be much of an experience to you at the long run, because just anyone can be a marketer.. Having spend more than 7 years in the construction industry in almost all aspects. Road , bridges , towers, and even the dangote refinery and Petrochemical project.. I will advise you to go for construction, the experience is second to non. You will grow in your career, and who says you can't do both.. you can be working on site and as well posting blocks of duplexes , terraces and others on social media and even be contracted for private project. trust me you better of in the Construction industry as a great start to a career.
Well done my civil Engineer.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-power Under Fire As Applicants Lament Inability To Check Status / Nationwide Job Placement By EMC {FRESH GRADUATES} / Genesis Group Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.