Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (31512 Views)

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sammyj490(m): 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Please don't mind my English just pay attention to the content.

A family friend called me and asked if I'll be interested in civil defense work, I told her yes why wouldn't I? She sent me a number to call the man he'll put me through the process.

I was excited, I called the man who spoke to me calmly, he asked me to send my details to him which include my name, age, height, qualifications and all, i did that without instantly i was sooo fast while typing I'm sure even flash will be trilled at the speed.

The next day he sent a civil defense form to me to fill and scan to his mail, i did that and called him to inform him, he then acknowledge that he has seen it and told me he has forwarded my form to their H.R. I should await their call, i was soo happy immediately i dropped the call i started googling salary of a degree holder of the civil defense officer, saw 121k in my mind i was like their Father i don arrive, i go soon buy Benz.

The H.R called me and told me they've contacted my school to ask if i graduated from their school and they told them yes. He then asked for my c.v and told me to wait for my appointment letter.

Early Thursday morning omo see appointment letter for my mail o!! with my name written in capital letter... I called him to notify him of the new development, he congratulated me and told me i will have to pay the sum of 85k for my 2 weeks training in Kano and the payment must be made before noon but i shouldn't worry the money will be returned after my training but u have to pay early so as not to loose the job. I went ahead to borrow the money from a friend and headed to the bank to make payment i already got inside the bank before calling him to send the acct number im to sent the money, that was how the civil defense H.R sent me Yayah Suleman's acct number, i started asking my self why would federal government send me a private account number to pay for training? called the guy and said o boy u almost fooled me sha, the guy laugh and said u got me nice one and dropped the call...

There are lot of scammers out there who will try to scam you all in the name of giving you employment abeg be careful.

sammyj490:

This is a copy of the documents i was sent

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Villagemeat: 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Funny you.......85k

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Maj196(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
O boi shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by div111(m): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
na GOD save you

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by jaytii(f): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mods front page please. This should serve as a lesson to others.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sulaimon22: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Civil defense slot is around 750k. thank god u didn't fall for it

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by armadeo(m): 3:58am On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:
Civil defense slot is around 750k. thank god u didn't fall for it

For real.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sulaimon22: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2020
armadeo:

For real.
it's real oo. Most especially Custom and Civil defense

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by timibare(m): 7:19am On Aug 16, 2020
But u need to work on ur English.....thank God you weren't scammed 85k is like 1million naira now tho, God nor go shame us

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Elsueno: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2020
Civil defence, fire service and customs go around 150~200k per slot if you go direct..Anything more na middle man things.

By the way, I don't know anybody woh

8 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nicepoker(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2020
You see that your family friend? let me keep quiet before dem ban me.

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nicklaus619(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2020
Chai this is so bad,
The scenario is painted with a lot of red flags

1. Whenever u see an offer of employment by any government ministry, department and agencies, always go the government website concern to check if this is truth or not, you can always contact their email address or twitter handle found beneath the website for further inquiry

2. A government body don't contract private body or individual to conduct recruitment or replacement of any kind, they do this collectively on their website and interview is done in their secretariat

3. Even if a government worker that works in the recruitment office of the department can't guarantee you 100% that he can get you employed, in this scenario, ask him to get you the employment and u pays him after u have started collecting salary.

Be wise guys, survive in Nigeria and u can succeed any wherein the world

See front page materials biko, no be only BBN cheesy

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sammyj490(m): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
timibare:
But u need to work on ur English.....thank God you weren't scammed 85k is like 1million naira now tho, God nor go shame us
yhhhh sorry bro didn't go through it before posting it yesterday...thank you for your advice tho

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sammyj490(m): 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Chai this is so bad,
The scenario is painted with a lot of red flags

1. Whenever u see an offer of employment by any government ministry, department and agencies, always go the government website concern to check if this is truth or not, you can always contact their email address or twitter handle found beneath the website for further inquiry

2. A government body don't contract private body or individual to conduct recruitment or replacement of any kind, they do this collectively on their website and interview is done in their secretariat

3. Even if a government worker that works in the recruitment office of the department can't guarantee you 100% that he can get you employed, in this scenario, ask him to get you the employment and u pays him after u have started collecting salary.

Be wise guys, survive in Nigeria and u can succeed any wherein the world

Lalasticlala
Mynd4
Seun

See front page materials biko, no be only BBN cheesy
This is a copy of the documents i was sent

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sammyj490(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
timibare:
omo bro see the 85k i went to get o....as in i already got to the bank to send it before my inner spirit spoke out.

57 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by timibare(m): 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
sammyj490:

omo bro see the 85k i went to get o....as in i already got to the bank to send it before my inner spirit spoke out.
omo 2 odds dey ooh....Lyon vs Bayern.....Bayern score over 2.5 goals

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by jericco1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
You got lucky though.. but as you can all see most of those jobs are through the money bags. If you no get strong connection forget it

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by WIZGUY69(m): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Quick question. Is this how people pay for job slots in other countries of the world?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Wigetsolar: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2020

Oya, take N8500 out of it to thank God for not losing N85k to fraudsters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Lexusgs430: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bring the rescued moni, make we declare surplus...... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by allanphash7(m): 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
K
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by id4sho(m): 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Listening to "TWICE AS TALL" Album

Grammy sighted

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Offpoint: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
I'm reading about Civil defence, fire service and custom slot cost...

WTF are they paying for? People now pay money to get jobs?

What manner of hopeless and useless country is Nigeria and Nigerians?

7 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by helinues: 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Could you family friend also a culprit of this?

This is a corporate scam from insider in Civil Defense

7 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Olunmercy56(f): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
; Thank God

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Dshocker(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Boys are not smiling

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by omocalabar(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Small play wey dem just dey play wit u....fear fear
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by QVicky10(f): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Chai. Those people are real scammers. They even sent you appointment letter and everything. Na wa shocked shocked

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by operAhdam: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Congrats bro..almost!!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sirblend: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:

it's real oo. Most especially Custom and Civil defense

Naija which way.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sirblend: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
If its FIRS OR CBN jobs be ready to cough out more than N1.5m if you don't know anyone there.

in fact you need a miracle directly from heaven to get jobs here if you don't have anyone. Have you ever heard of any job vacancy here?.

Slots here are reserved for Senators, Governors Ministers etc

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ourown(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Scammers everywhere. God safe us

Please I'm job searching too.

I have B.Tech in Biochemistry (2:1). I have HSE and project management trainings. I'm smart and Tech Savvy, I have good computer, communication and analytical skills.

I can run ads, design graphics with canva and do video editing. I'm also currently learning python programing with Django

I'd be grateful for your recommendations.

Thank you, may God bless us all.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test / Samsung Heavy Industry Calling / Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.