Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class (42283 Views)

Uniben Law Student Destiny Ogedegbe, Graduates With First Class, Becomes Second / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria / Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Cryptomillion: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ok
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Andrenalin: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:

are black American poor?

ARE south Africa poor

see it's a black thing
I love the way you think.
I love the way you reason.

Black are scared of taking risk that I why we have many hotels, filling station , pos and others that they see others doing before now. They can’t think think for once. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:
While I was doing my doctorate at Leeds university,I noticed Nigerians always make first class, while the white kids just wanted a result.

That is why all our politicians kids studying abroad cannot make an impact on society with their expensive education. They will still come back to Nigeria to drag government work with ordinary folks

This stupid Nigerian man thinks white babes will flock around him if he was a first class product, but the white Chicks don't care about first class

What they wanted was a man with chuzpah and daring, risk taker, a solution finder. That is why I am strongly against these idea of celebrating first class.

What is the need of buying something you will never use, what is the need of acquiring expensive education when you will still end up as a POS terminal operator.

All your focus is just to get a job, that is why job is scarce. 10million people are struggling for 1,000 jobs.

What separates you from the illiterate if you will still come back to work under an illiterate.

Graduate from India has turned Bangalore into a silicone valley, what have our graduates done?

Graduates from China are soaking up ideas from America to help their country. What have saraki son and all others brought home.

Instead they go there to learn how to abuse drugs and turn gwarrimpa to a drug addict town.

NYSC camp is supposed to be a breeding ground for Entrepreneurs not a place to have sex.

Remember printing recharge card, soap making, tailoring is not Entrepreneurship, many illiterate grandmother can do that, separate your self from the madness

For those dummkopf asking me what I have done?
ALOT

Please quit sounding so THIRSTY...
Life is not about attracting ‘babes’ or the opposite gender.

Furthermore, who cares about “white babes”?
Sounds like you have a LOW SELF-ESTEEM problem.

And it sounds like you are against “celebrating” first-class because you cannot achieve it...
Because, granted that theory and practice are disparate, the one distinguishing characteristic of success is EXCELLENCE!

Meanwhile, all that drivel about China and India, who do you think made them what they are?
Nigerians/Africans like you are too busy b*tching about challenges to notice they are actually OPPORTUNITIES.

Successful entrepreneurship is about resolving challenges...
So, if you are not going to be part of the solution at least do not constitute yourself into a NOISY nuisance.

>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by kikelomo68469: 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
:My baby has a good heart hmmmm.
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:
you have said it like a typical African.

it is not just in Nigeria,

blacks are afraid of all the risk the whites take like mountain biking, scuba diving etc. they want to live forever. but have nothing to live for.

it is the same in Entrepreneurship, blacks are afraid of risk,

These ephemeral things have nothing to do with risk-taking...
There are many blacks who do the same things, and many more whites who do NOT.

For everyone who has ever climbed Mount Everest...
Their Sherpa guide has done it multiple times, yet the Sherpa are not better off.

If you fall off a mountain bike, you can dust yourself off...
So if you want real life-changing risks, move to Africa or the ghettos created in the West.

PS: Btw, FYI, there’s scuba diving in Abraka!
>
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:
While I was doing my doctorate at Leeds university,I noticed Nigerians always make first class, while the white kids just wanted a result.

That is why all our politicians kids studying abroad cannot make an impact on society with their expensive education. They will still come back to Nigeria to drag government work with ordinary folks

This stupid Nigerian man thinks white babes will flock around him if he was a first class product, but the white Chicks don't care about first class

What they wanted was a man with chuzpah and daring, risk taker, a solution finder. That is why I am strongly against these idea of celebrating first class.

What is the need of buying something you will never use, what is the need of acquiring expensive education when you will still end up as a POS terminal operator.

All your focus is just to get a job, that is why job is scarce. 10million people are struggling for 1,000 jobs.

What separates you from the illiterate if you will still come back to work under an illiterate.

Graduate from India has turned Bangalore into a silicone valley, what have our graduates done?

Graduates from China are soaking up ideas from America to help their country. What have saraki son and all others brought home.

Instead they go there to learn how to abuse drugs and turn gwarrimpa to a drug addict town.

NYSC camp is supposed to be a breeding ground for Entrepreneurs not a place to have sex.

Remember printing recharge card, soap making, tailoring is not Entrepreneurship, many illiterate grandmother can do that, separate your self from the madness

ALOT

Ask Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala or Adebayo Ogunlesi...
Heck, go ask Funke Opeke here in Lagos, Nigeria!

Feel free to check out how many first-class and top graduates employed by the world’s top entrepreneurs...
It’s one thing to have a great idea and vision, but without INTELLECTUAL support, it will never come to fruition.

To discard or denigrate top-class education is frankly FUNCTIONAL ILLITERACY...
NO country (as in NONE) has ever developed without first achieving a critical mass of a a well-educated population.
>
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
SmartPolician:
What an awesome point!

Ermmmm, Bbbwings, if you consider her view stupid, you should share your wise standpoint with us - you don't cancel someone's comment without sharing a much more superior argument. People like you shame me.

Sorry, but her point was dumb...
Are the people advancing developed nations sons of politicians?

And @Bbbwings was definitely correct in canceling that LOW SELF-ESTEEM drivel about “white babes”!
Meanwhile, there are hundreds of “men with chutzpah and daring” selling drugs in the inner cities or resident in US prisons! SMH
>
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by gowonmaharajah(m): 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:

you have said it like a typical African.

it is not just in Nigeria,

blacks are afraid of all the risk the whites take like mountain biking, scuba diving etc. they want to live forever. but have nothing to live for.

it is the same in Entrepreneurship, blacks are afraid of risk,
just one question.
are you resident in Nigeria?
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
JosephXavier:
But UK universities are too damn costly bro

24,700 pounds, that is almost 15m in naira

This money will be enough to train a family of 6 in Nigerian university including their house rent and stipend

Congrats to him though and thanks to Davido and others who contributed to this

This is what celebrities should be doing and not paying people for tattooing their pictures on their body

There is no ASUU strike over there and quality education
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by JosephXavier: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

Seriously bro

But why I'm complaining is that I'm planning on traveling there for my Master's degree next year but the fee is so high

Imagine 15k pounds for fees alone
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Kaymansion(m): 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
This is great.. like I use to say whatever you do today would be history tomorrow
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
JosephXavier:
Seriously bro

But why I'm complaining is that I'm planning on traveling there for my Master's degree next year but the fee is so high

Imagine 15k pounds for fees alone

It’s even more expensive in the US...
There’s a reason US graduates (except from rich families) average six figures in educational debt.

For example, when Nigerian doctors emigrate to the US, they are often unappreciative of the benefit of cheap/free education in Nigeria...
Yet their colleagues who studied in the US each would gave graduated with an average of about $250,000+ of educational debt from Day One.

Anyway, while education may be expensive, ignorance is even moreso.
>
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

You often (not always) get what you pay for...
>
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lastlook:
I weak. Your write up nail it.

When i got my admission then, into a Nigeria university. I was an architect of all craziness.
Thought it was going to be a competitive environment, It's was a race then, for all my mate, I want First Class x3 here and there. (I had to channel my craziness to a better project, that will enhance my life).

With all the first class, I'm yet to see the usefulness of it. One of them now(My mate that criticized me of my academy performance) using the same brain to Sell iTune card online on Whatsapp.

When i was learning programming language (OOP, Java) around 2011 then. They thought, i was not serious. Even my own father kick against it. He was like, this things make no sense, Goto school or learn a major skills.

In my mind, I was like its my life. I was crazy enough during those era. (He called me and told me, I have earned enough and i wouldn't need your money, Good luck with your life)

I felt so down but too stubborn. Even if i greet him then, He wouldn't replied. The house tired me. But for God so good, After a year of dedication, i got to work with Google (Google Trade) via Matomy Media (Israel) and (India). (For me to print and sign the Insertion Order agreement cost 6k, Nobody to turn to but my mom and God. My dad make sure to block it but still the woman tried her best and still gave me. He said, i was going to use the money to buy cloth hahahah)

To cut it short, Money was coming, the same man later asked people to beg me. I never kick you out, You kick me out first because i was doing what most youth at that Era then wouldnt withstand. Instead of chasing after girls. (Now we are best pal hahahah, Father and Son) He will belike what is trending.....

Writing program with Nokia Java Phone and Text Book. Life just no balance. Now i'm a blockchain developer and vast in most programming language to Kotlin.

What am trying to say is that "Having First Class doesn't mean you nail it all, Work o, My brother work! Else you will be taking command from those who had 3rd class, Then you will know First class doesnt mean you have it all."

Dude, mostly first-class graduates of MIT, Cal-Tech, etc., built those platforms...
Entrepreneurship has its place, but it needs a smart well-educated workforce to bear fruition.
>

1 Like

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by 9jaRealist: 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
stanliwise:
What you’re asking for is quite complicated, not celebrating first class too much is something I quite agree to an extent but as for the young man getting his first class. What else can he do? It is a good thing for him to achieve and probably the only tangible goal in site.

Meanwhile as for the mark Zuckerberg of Africa generation, please forget it, Africa as a continent has not its environment to discover it entrepreneurs. Is it with our corrupt practices and gross mismanagement we want to promote industry to the world. Or do you think USA didn’t have a hand in help most of their big industry to the world?

It is not about the entrepreneurs now in Nigeria, it is about having a thriving environment which is almost not visible right now in Nigeria.

The US government did not “discover” nor fund Zuckerberg or other successful entrepreneurs...
Ordinary PRIVATE individuals (either through VCs, equity funds, etc.) provided the capital and took the risks.

HellVictorinho:
What is the function of the goddamn government?
If they can't create enough jobs with all the power and resources,then the economy is doomed.
Period.

Government does NOT “create jobs” in advanced nations, the PRIVATE sector does...
Government’s role should be limited to good policies and staying out of the way (the so-called “enabling environment”).
>
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Bbbwings: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:

Do I look like I care what you think?

this is a public forum, you and everyone else is free to air her opinion,

don't become a witch to yourself and others

live and let's live
I have better use of my time than engaging someone whose self esteem is broken beyond recognition.
Work on yourself and maybe you wont ever again be jilted for a white woman.
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
9jaRealist:

The US government did not “discover” nor fund Zuckerberg or other successful entrepreneurs...
Ordinary PRIVATE individuals (either through VCs, equity funds, etc.) provided the capital and took the risks.

Government does NOT “create jobs” in advanced nations, the PRIVATE sector does...
Government’s role should be limited to good policies and staying out of the way (the so-called “enabling environment”).
>
Then the absence of such policies is evident here.
The absence of such private funding is also evident here.
But the presence of corruption in all arms of the government remains.

1 Like

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by stanliwise(m): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
9jaRealist:

>
Government promoted their big industry is what I said.

I never said Government create jobs.

Your last quote, how many part of Africa is it happening?

You really should info yourself about the role of government. They are to create a secure and enabling environment.

“Secure and enabling” did you read that clearly?
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by pacespot(m): 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Imagine, if I get that £24k, will I even think of going to school? How profitable is education these days? Now let's see if this guy can make that £24k in one year with his education?
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
JosephXavier:
But UK universities are too damn costly bro

24,700 pounds, that is almost 15m in naira

This money will be enough to train a family of 6 in Nigerian university including their house rent and stipend

Congrats to him though and thanks to Davido and others who contributed to this

This is what celebrities should be doing and not paying people for tattooing their pictures on their body

Nigerian Naira has no value again.
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
you this jobless attention seeking fool

grin grin grin
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by IgboWarlord(m): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:

ALOT

Na all the countries for this world you don go?..Me i dont understand again ooo,abi na lie you just dey lie since?..Probably all lies...
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Judolisco(m): 2:26am On Mar 11, 2021
Queenlovely:

ALOT
you abused dis young man for graduating with a good grade calling him stupid.. We all know you Don't have a bachelor's degree not to talk of PhD...u did not even read the post d guy graduated from afe babalola... PhD wey no fit read PhD my foot
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Judolisco(m): 2:31am On Mar 11, 2021
9jaRealist:

>
is like you guys don't know how deep in shit Nigeria has gone and to me it's irredeemable.....
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:05am On Mar 11, 2021
Queenlovely:

One very stupid Nigerian man thinks white babes will flock around him if he was a first class product, but the white Chicks don't care about first class

ALOT
Word!
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by AlphaSoul: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
Queenlovely:

One very stupid Nigerian man thinks white babes will flock around him if he was a first class product, but the white Chicks don't care about first class

ALOT
/
WORD!
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eleodichukwu Chukwuenyem: FUTO Student Dies After Slumping In Front Of Hostel / How Do You Pronounce These Words? / Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.